Favorite match?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I know this is a question in the favorites thread, but I want to see reasonings and discussions.

What's your favorite match of all time? WWE ofc.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Edge vs Mick Foley Wrestlemania 22 will always be one of my favorites.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Edge vs Eddie Guerrero, Smackdown, no holds barred.

Simply because it was 2 of my favourite wrestlers and the spots were epic!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Edge vs Mick Foley Wrestlemania 22 will always be one of my favorites.
Orton vs. Foley was better, imo. Watching a WWE blue chipper be royally messed up and messing people up was just so cool. Edge vs. Foley was really good, but it fit their gimmicks, at the time. It didn't fit Orton, but he showed that he can go. One of the major stepping stones in getting to the WHC, at SummerSlam, imo.

Reactions: DK JAMES

CycLoNe_

Jobber
Reaction score
Rock Vs Hogan WM X8.

As someone who doesn't judge a match in just "bell to bell" isolation and grants immense importance to the star power of the participants and the overall build up to the match, this match surely was pro-wrestling / sports entertainment perfection to me. Right from the moment the two had their incredible first segment together on RAW to the moment the camera cut with The Rock with his head down having a proud and somewhat embarrassed look on his face after Hogan raised his hand, it was just an incredible phase of sports entertainment and the most perfect illustration of what got me into pro wrestling in the first place, larger than life characters engaging in engrossing storylines culminating in high voltage compelling match-ups.

Just the enormity of the match itself with two of the most popular wrestlers of the previous 20 years colliding, Hogan's return to a venue he made history in 12 years before, a raucous crowd.. the split reactions, the great commentary.. in short.. just the type of atmosphere which is impossible to duplicate. What's even more commendable and astonishing is the fact that both the competitors wrestled half the match as the face and the other half as the heel. Just goes on to show the immense expertise and know-how the two legends possessed with regards to manipulating their work in accordance to the crowd reactions. That's exactly the parameter I value the most while judging people's in-ring prowess. Doing all those incredible acrobatic moves is ok.. but nothing elevates the match more than some good ol' wrestling psychology, selling a story to the crowd and getting them to react vociferously to the smallest of moves.. something which Rock-Hogan displayed so effortlessly in that match.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Kane vs RVD/Jeff Hardy vs Christian/Y2J vs Bubba/Spike in a TLC on Raw

Idk why but I just love the action in that match every time I watch it. Plus JR calls the match solo and kills it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Ric Flair vs Sting at the first Clash of the Champions. I wasn't really watching the NWA much at this time but this was the match that cemented Flair as my favorite wrestler. For me it's 45 minutes that just flew by and it had far reaching effects, ie really making Sting a credible main eventer, which was seen by many before this as a dubious point.

But mostly because I just enjoyed it a whole lot :)

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Not saying it's my absolute favorite but Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham at BOTB II. It was the personification of the Florida wrestling style. It was realistic, gritty and had sports presentation. It solidified Barry Windham, and made him one of my favorites. Flair gave a great intreview. It was a great match.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I have to note Shawn and Kurt at mania 21... Something about that match gets me. I love the back and forth and how Kurt actually made Shawn tap out.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I have to note Shawn and Kurt at mania 21... Something about that match gets me. I love the back and forth and how Kurt actually made Shawn tap out.

Kurt was such a beast. He's made pretty much everyone tap. Love that guy.

Reactions: edge4ever

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I marked my fucking dick off when Ziggler cashed in on ADR the night after WM, but it wasn't really much of a match other than making ADR look strong as hell with Ziggler barely winning to setup their long feud. Concussed not long after.

I dont know if I could claim a favorite match, but I do go back and rewatch some from time to time. Most are TNA, honestly.