• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Favorite/Least Favorite Announce Teams of All Time

Luke Flywalker

WCW's team sucked... the only reason people roll with it is because it was their staple team for 10 years... Tony was okay, but let's not overdue it with the guy. BTW, the only time Heenan was good in WCW was the beginning of the nWo invasion. Hell, Scott Hall was a better commentator when they ransacked the booth for 1 match than Zbysko, Tenay, and Tony combined. The thing that made them good was they had a decent chemistry and the heels played the heel role and Tony & Tenay were Sting & Goldberg nut-gobblers... they weren't horrid, but damn they get overrated. But I will remind myself that THAT is who you all were stuck with in your wrestling fandom. Hell, it's who I was stuck with in mine too... but I really don't look back feeling like they were a good team or sold anything to us.

I do think Vince gets underrated for his work in the booth though... the dude killed it. He was owner of the company for what, 11 years (?) and was in the booth working with whoever he threw alongside himself, and really helped sell the shit. I still remember when it was just he and King (really one of the best parts of the pre-Attitude era, post-Heenan) and then he brought in JR to take over for him when he was stepping away from the booth.