Fast & Furious 10 (2023)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
DB9950CC-BB59-4FDB-AFBC-8101C60CD2D8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
“Fast & Furious” director Justin Lin announced that he will no longer direct the franchise’s next installation, “Fast X,” which began filming last week. The filmmaker, who co-wrote the movie’s script with Dan Mazeau, will remain involved with the project as a producer.

Lin shared the news with a statement posted to social media, which read: “With the support of Universal, I have made the difficult decision to step back as director of Fast X, while remaining with the project as a producer.”

“Over 10 years and five films, we have been able to shoot the best actors, the best stunts, and the best damn car chases,” the filmmaker’s statement continued. “On a personal note, as the child of Asian immigrants, I am proud of helping to build the most diverse franchise in movie history. I will forever be grateful to the amazing cast, crew and studio for their support, and for welcoming me into the FAST family.”

Production on “Fast X” started on April 20, with franchise stars Vin Diesel, Jordana Brewster, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Nathalie Emmanuel, Sung Kang and Charlize Theron returning. New cast members include Michael Rooker, Jason Momoa, Daniela Melchior and Brie Larson. At the end of the first week of filming, Diesel posted a video to Instagram with Lin, teasing that the movie felt like “the beginning of an epic ending.”

While promoting “F9,” Lin opened up to Variety about the direction of the planned tenth and eleventh installments of the franchise, saying he and Diesel began charting the road map nearly a decade ago.

“I used to sit around, talk to Vin and Paul [Walker] — and I thought it was just an exercise, I never thought we were able to ever realize it — so it was very much in theory,” he shared. “Then when I came back Vin pulled me aside and said, ‘We’re doing it.’ So, in a way it felt like ‘F9’ is about celebrating 20 years of this journey, but also just pointing it into this last chapter that we’ve been talking about for years.”

Sources say that production on the main unit has briefly paused while Universal locks in a replacement director, while the second unit continues filming. “Fast X” is planned for a May 19, 2023 theatrical release.

Lin directed five “Fast and Furious” movies, beginning with 2006’s “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.” His run with the high-octane franchise continued with 2009’s “Fast & Furious,” 2011’s “Fast Five” and 2013’s “Fast & Furious 6.” The director returned to helm the most recent installment 2011’s “F9,” which raced to more than $700 million at the box office. Lin’s run of films have grossed more than $1.9 billion at the global box office.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You know this is Vin Diesels doing.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Not good at all to have a Director leave when you're already filming. Alert...ALERT...call James Wan who directed F7 and knows the Franchise in his own right. I think he might be in Post Production for the Aquaman Sequel right now though. They need a Director fast but my fear is that the Film gets pushed to 2024 at this rate.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Pull the plug, this has Josh-tice League written ll over it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Lmao what a joke. Man leaves literally 3 days into filming. Wonder how this is all gonna turn out

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
louis-Leterrier.jpg

Louis Leterrier (“The Incredible Hulk,” the first two “Transporter” films) is set to take over the director’s chair on “Fast X” from Justin Lin, Variety has learned. The decision comes less than a week after Lin’s surprise departure from the helm of the 10th installment in the main “Fast and Furious” movie franchise.

Leterrier, who beat out numerous candidates for the job, per sources, is Universal picture’s first choice, and schedules are still being hammered out. He comes to the franchise with a wide array of experience in the action realm. He expanded his directing career in 2005 with two modestly budgeted action showcases for Jet Li (“Unleashed”) and Jason Statham (“Transporter 2”), and he transitioned into studio tentpoles with 2008’s “The Incredible Hulk,” 2010’s “Clash of the Titans” and 2013’s “Now You See Me.” After a box office stumble with the 2016 Sacha Baron Cohen vehicle “The Brothers Grimsby,” the French filmmaker turned to television with two hit Netflix series: 2019’s “The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance” and 2021’s “Lupin.” (His next feature, the French-language action film “The Takedown,” is currently in post-production for the streamer.)

Leterrier will need to be nimble. He’s inheriting a production with just about every creative element already established by Lin, who was already a week into production when he announced his departure on April 26. Even in Lin’s absence, cameras have still been rolling: With stars like Vin Diesel, Charlize Theron and newcomer Jason Momoa already on set, Universal paused production on the main unit while the second unit continued filming in the U.K.

Dan Mazeau wrote the screenplay with Lin. Producers include Diesel, Neal Moritz, Lin, Jeff Kirschenbaum and Samantha Vincent.

Holding the main production in limbo during the director search, meanwhile, has cost Universal upwards of $600,000 to $1 million a day, according to sources from different studios with experience replacing directors midstream. On top of the financial pressures, Theron, Momoa and Brie Larson are major players in other established franchises — longer delays could have wreaked further havoc on an already complex shooting calendar.

Then there’s the wrinkle that “Fast X” was originally envisioned as the first of a two-part conclusion to the “Fast & Furious” saga. Filmmakers behind the final chapter have “contemplated” splitting the feature into two parts, a source close to the shoot said, though the production schedule at present would only accommodate the first film in a potential final pair.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
We've got a Director again hooray. I've seen Unleashed, and the first two Transporter Films never seen The Incredible Hulk though. I have heard that film is underrated and way better than The Hulk film they did before that. Clearly he can film Action I need to see that same charm and heart I haven't seen to the levels since the 6th and 7th Films.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Never thought in my wildiest dreams that we would get 10 Films in this Franchise. Trailer coming February 10th it says in the description.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I didn't know Letterier was the director. He's hit and miss, we'll see. The trailer made me laugh, it's so over the top you're just waiting to see how far they'll go with stunts.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
The last film was pretty disappointing imo but I’ll give this one a shot, mainly for John Cena tbh.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Also, how is Dom's son black?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Also, how is Dom's son black?

I mean they aged him up and yes he looks different than the Actot who played his Son in the previous film but I could care less what he looks like. Just hope he does well in thr Scenes he is in. They teased Brian's Character returning in the previous film wonder if they are keeping that for the next Trailer or Film itself.

Last edited:

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG