Farooq's DAMN music reviews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Farooq said:
7ab02b3eeb8162ceb2b3182278b948ec.jpg

Album 59 Sound
Band: The Gaslight Anthem
Genre: Folk punk, punk rock, indie rock
year: 2008
Label: SideOneDummy
Tracks: 12(including 1 bonus track)
Rating: 9/10
Reason: This is a very good album, no it's great. I'm not really into indie rock or punk rock, but this album was amazing. It has a retro sound to it, and each song is unique. I'm surprised bands like that aren't up in the big leagues, because those songs touched me the first time I heard them(especially Great Expectations, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, and Meet Me by the River's Edge). The instrumental in the songs are good and keep the flow going, but also not sounding the same on every track, the lyrics are touching, and vocals are great. If you're into Rise Against, or any other punk rock music this one album is one you should check out.
(I won't be reviewing each song due to having to review each song, but if you want me to review the songs just ask) @[StopSpot]

Review is cool. They are fairly big league. They are from the same town as Bruce Springsteen and he is a major fan of them so they have co headlined tours with the boss himself. With Bruce joining them for songs like the 59 sound live.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Review is cool. They are fairly big league. They are from the same town as Bruce Springsteen and he is a major fan of them so they have co headlined tours with the boss himself. With Bruce joining them for songs like the 59 sound live.

Yeah but they should be bigger, I'd rather listen to these guys anyday then what the radio shoves down my throat, and the charts ram up my ass for a bad musical painful rape.

Reactions: Matt

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Farooq said:
Yeah but they should be bigger, I'd rather listen to these guys anyday then what the radio shoves down my throat, and the charts ram up my ass for a bad musical painful rape.

Enjoy one of the most epic live performances I've seen. Look at the joy on the singers face. :yay:

Reactions: Farooq

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Appetite For Destruction is one of the best albums ever, ever, ever made.. PERIOD.

Reactions: Farooq

Farooq

Reaction score
579e334d5ef20e336aa893c6bb31dbb1.jpg

Album: Diamond Eyes
Band: Deftone
Genre: Alternative Metal, Experimental Rock
Label: Reprise, Warner Bros.
Released: May 4, 2011
Review: 9/10
Reason: This is a good album, and I can tell they are a great band. I like how they make their own sound(excluding Sextape) and go for Experimental Rock. Even Alternative Metal is good pretty unique. A few songs like You've Seen the Butcher and Rocket Skates have pretty weird lyrics, but nonetheless they are still great songs. Songs like Diamond Eyes, Risk, and Beauty School though are my favorite. Beauty School had that sort of soft tone, while Risk had about a grudge heavy sound, and Diamond Eyes had that Alternative Metal sound. I think this is an album worth listening to, especially for something this recent. If you like Alternative or metal, or avant-garde then you should really give this album a chance, it's pretty badass. These guys have a unique sound to them, so you won't hear a lot of bands play like them(if any).
Side note: All the reviews I've given so far are high because I do like the music and think it;s worthy of being reviewed high. It's not to kiss ass or anything, you guys gave me great music to review, and they are all Rock. I love Rock music the most out of any genre, especially Hard Rock so I'm going to appeal to metal too. If I don't think it deserves to get a high rating then it won't plain and simple.
@[kanenite95]

Thanks Vince :yay: and Jose you are DAMN right! :boss1:

Reactions: goatskinantipodal

Farooq

Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
this was my least favorite Deftones album tbh. I know alot of people who say this is their best album, but i wasn't feeling it. You should also check out White Pony and Around the Fur. Thanks for the review

This was my first time listening to them, so I can't really say anything about their past, but I did enjoy this one. I'll check out those other ones as soon as I can. and thanks :boss1:

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Fooq y u no review my song!

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
You should review,

Rival Sons - Pressure and Time album

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses album