Fargo the TV Version

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This airs for the first time tonight in the UK, and it promises to be decent at least. The cast includes the likes of Martin Freeman, Billy Bob Thornton and Colin Hanks, and at least has the Coen's approval.

When I first heard this I thought it was a strange one to remake for TV, but am willing to give it a shot. Anyone else seen it or planning on watching?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Sadly I only get the first episode, every episode after that is provided by a different cable company. I do want to watch it, but unless it shows up on Netflix in Canada, I doubt I will have the chance.

On the other hand, From Dusk Til Dawn has been amazing, so I think it is possible to do the movie justice, and expand the lore.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The cast is top notch, so it has some promise there. I might watch it after the season's done, but I think the movie is overrated. It was a really good movie, don't get me wrong, I just didn't enjoy it as much as I was supposed to.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sadly I only get the first episode, every episode after that is provided by a different cable company. I do want to watch it, but unless it shows up on Netflix in Canada, I doubt I will have the chance.

On the other hand, From Dusk Til Dawn has been amazing, so I think it is possible to do the movie justice, and expand the lore.

I am planning on giving that show a watch too. That sounds an odd system you have in Canada.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The cast is top notch, so it has some promise there. I might watch it after the season's done, but I think the movie is overrated. It was a really good movie, don't get me wrong, I just didn't enjoy it as much as I was supposed to.

Yeah I remember thinking the same when I saw it, because many people rate it as one of their best films its a film I've been meaning to revisit.

Anyway, the first part was really good, I got hooked on the characters straight away, it had many more funny moments than I remember from the film, but the tone is quite similar. Very good so far.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I am planning on giving that show a watch too. That sounds an odd system you have in Canada.

Its one channel is showing the premier to try and advertise their new channel, but my provider does not carry the new one yet. I finally gave in to Netflix just so I could watch From Dusk Til Dawn since I don't get El Ray.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Watched 2-3 episodes and stopped. I found nothing about it that compelled me to continue watching.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's pretty boring imo, got crazy recommended like True Detective and like that show, doesn't live up to the hype i hear about it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Just watched Episode six and am still enjoying it, although I can see little signs than they are starting to struggle to keep the premise going. Also have to wonder if Malvo is intelligent then way didn't he just get a first class degree and get rich in a top professional, would have saved him a lot of time and running from the law:pipe:

Still pretty great IMO.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Honestly, I just watched all of this and I enjoyed this show a lot. The cast delivered and the writing was great (although there were a few plotholes, but minor ones at that). I don't see how people didn't enjoy this show, although most that have watched it seemed to have liked it. To each his own though.

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
No am with you on this one thought it has been one of the best new dramas of the year. I hear there will be no season two which is a bit of a shame, still maybe best to go out on top form.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm fine with no season two because this was the best story they could have told and it's obviously done.

Also, best line of the series: "Well, shit Lester."

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Old thread bump, saves me making a new one. :p

Has anyone kept up with this? I thought Season 1 with Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton was excellent but never got around to the rest.

That's a dope cast for Season 5.

Fargo has rounded out the main cast of its upcoming fifth installment, with Joe Keery (Stranger Things, Free Guy), Lamorne Morris (New Girl, Barbershop: The Next Cut) and Richa Moorjani (Never Have I Ever) joining the previously announced Juno Temple, Jon Hamm and Jennifer Jason Leigh.

Set in 2019, Season 5 of the Noah Hawley-created anthology series answers the question, when is a kidnapping not a kidnapping, and what if your wife isn’t yours?

Joe Keery will play Gator Tillman; Morris will play Witt Farr; Moorjani will play Indira Olmstead.

Hawley and his production company 26 Keys lead the creative team of the latest installment of the award-winning series. Warren Littlefield also serves as an executive producer via his production company The Littlefield Company, along with Joel & Ethan Coen, Steve Stark of Toluca Pictures, Kim Todd and Vincent Landay. Fargo is produced by MGM Television and FX Productions, with MGM Television serving as the lead studio and MGM distributing the series internationally.

Joe Keery stars as Steve Harrington in Netflix’s Stranger Things. He recently wrapped production on romantic drama film, Marmalade, alongside Camila Morrone and Aldis Hodge. He also starred opposite Ryan Reynolds, Jodie Comer and Lil Rel Howery in Free Guy and lead the comedy horror Spree, directed by Eugene Kotylyarenko. Keery is repped by Gersh, 3 Arts Entertainment and Goodman Genow Schenkman.

Morris most recently played the titular lead in Woke, which aired for two seasons on Hulu. He also can be seen in National Geographic’s limited series Valley of the Boom and in Sony’s recent release, Bloodshot, opposite Vin Diesel, and in Danny Boyle’s feature film, Yesterday. Morris is repped by CAA, Entertainment 360 and Myman Greenspan Fox.

Moorjani is known for her role in the Netflix/Mindy Kaling dramedy Never Have I Ever, which recently wrapped production on the fourth and final season. Moorjani is repped by A3 Artists Agency, Anonymous Content and Goodman, Genow, Schenkman.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Seasons 1 and 2 were phenomenal but I didn't keep up myself either. Have been thinking about jumping back in tho

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Tempted to just dive back in from Season 5 and work my way backwards. Seeing as the stories are all different anyways.

Jon Hamm in Fargo sounds really promising.

The long-awaited fifth season of Fargo has an official trailer.

Below is a detailed look at the new season of showrunner Noah Hawley‘s crime anthology series, which has Juno Temple (Ted Lasso) leading an ensemble cast.

The new installment is set in Minnesota and North Dakota in the most modern period for the franchise yet: 2019.

Reactions: Chris