• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farethewell Matt Sydal

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
We we all know there have been rumours flying around for abit and the inevitable has occured it's been reported on many wrestling news site that Sydal has gone to the WWE.
The odds are stacked against him and he may just end up being in OVW for who knows how long, but i say congratulations to him for going to the WWE and following he's dream.
Also don't be surprised to see a guy like Jack Evans follow suite and leave for the WWE, i believe Evans isn't under a contract anyways and WWE have said there interested in him.
Anyways maybe this could be a new direction for the WWE, who knows; Sydal was only really a tag team whore anyways :D
On a plus note i liked how Mr. Sapolsky handled this and put it all back on Sweeney's agency,

Montana

Yea, ROH handled this nicely, much like all their stars. Colt cabana for example, he had a whole show revolve around him. In wwe or tna they bury you before you leave, not the casein ROH. Sydal was even being used positively, and was being featured on PPV. I think Sydal will be better off in wwe, than most people thing, even if he is a tag whore. But i also see Jack Evans going to tna, I cnat see wwe signing evans.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Hopefully Sydal get's a good tenure in WWE... I've only watched a few of his stuff but i've Heard alot about him so i'm pretty excited about it.

Also before any of you guys bury him before he get's started don't forget that smaller people can still make it in the E! Just Look at Mysterio, London & Kendrick. Those 3 have become vital parts of each's respected brands in the past year or so, so here's hoping that Sydal can do the same in the future!

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Hopefully Sydal get's a good tenure in WWE... I've only watched a few of his stuff but i've Heard alot about him so i'm pretty excited about it.

Also before any of you guys bury him before he get's started don't forget that smaller people can still make it in the E! Just Look at Mysterio, London & Kendrick. Those 3 have become vital parts of each's respected brands in the past year or so, so here's hoping that Sydal can do the same in the future!

No one is burying him i only said the odds are stacked against him which when you look at the current direction of the WWE it is obvious thats true.
I want his style and size to be accepted; if used properly i think he would be a great fit in ECW and be a real player or if WWE seem like they wanna get there tag division back on track team him up with Cody Rhodes iam really high on both these guys and think they could be a great tag team.

I even said with by the looks of it the guys WWE are interested in lately (Smaller guys) thats maybe this could be a new direction for them.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
No one is burying him i only said the odds are stacked against him which when you look at the current direction of the WWE it is obvious thats true.
I want his style and size to be accepted; if used properly i think he would be a great fit in ECW and be a real player or if WWE seem like they wanna get there tag division back on track team him up with Cody Rhodes iam really high on both these guys and think they could be a great tag team.

I even said with by the looks of it the guys WWE are interested in lately (Smaller guys) thats maybe this could be a new direction for them.

Yer i pretty much agreed as well... I'm not sure about the teaming up with Rhodes as he's getting a nice singles push as it is... but i do get what you mean as they both have kinda similair looks.

I'm hoping that smaller guys become a bigger part of the WWE.

BTW, i'm don't know everything about him but in your Opinion what would be best for him to start off as... Face or Heel ?

Viva La Luke

Reaction score

BTW, i'm don't know everything about him but in your Opinion what would be best for him to start off as... Face or Heel ?

In ROH iam pretty sure he has played both although he was a heel longer.

My two options for Sydal "Sending him to ECW" and "Teaming him with Rhodes" it would envolve him being a face. When you look at the ECW roster the heel to face ratio is heavly tipped to the heel side and ECW desperately need some more faces.

Sydal and Rhodes i think would make a great under dog story hence making them faces because of there size and the fact they are not established stars yet; they would fit that role well in my opinion.

Soulpower

With the recent steroid problems in WWE, it wouldn't surprise me to see Sydal get a push in what seems to be a rejuvenated CW division (Hornswoggle has actually helped it a bit >_>). The WWE leaning toward signing guys who aren't 6'5 280 pounds which definitely helps Sydal.

As for Matt.... Good for him, he's done all he could do in ROH, because no one ever saw as a threat to the ROH title. If nothing else, he'll be getting paid more. But here's to you Matt Sydal, you improved a lot in your days in Ring Of Honor and here's hoping you can find some success in WWE.

Trips V.2

Reaction score

What do you mean? The direction of WWE is leaning less and less toward big, muscle-bound guys lately and more toward athletic quick competitors. Reason being the new steroid policy which has made a lot of their guys get smaller, i.e. Masters and Batista.

Let's look through the list of smaller guys getting pushed lately:

MVP
Randy Orton
Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy
Carlito
Kennedy
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
John Morrison
Edge
etc.
etc.
etc.

Yeah, I understand that Khali is champ on SD! but that's only a default reign because Taker and Edge are out... so Khali was never meant to have it. It's only logical he does.

I think Sydal could fit in well and I also think it'd be an interesting, yet obvious, team with Rhodes. I could easily see Sydal being U.S. or IC champ after he gets brought up.

Rell

Reaction score
If He gets thrown in a tag team I'm going to seriously laugh my ass off. I always liked Matt Sydal, He was never one of my favorites but I enjoyed his in ring work. He's a very exciting wrestler and hopefully will make noise in the CW division. I've noticed none of you pointed out the thing that stands out most about Sydal. It's not his size, or his in ring ability, its his mic skills. His promos are close to horrible, hopefully he will improve. The only downside is I'm not going to see much of his work anymore, I don't watch wrestling on TV anymore.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
What do you mean? The direction of WWE is leaning less and less toward big, muscle-bound guys lately and more toward athletic quick competitors. Reason being the new steroid policy which has made a lot of their guys get smaller, i.e. Masters and Batista.

Let's look through the list of smaller guys getting pushed lately:

MVP
Randy Orton
Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy
Carlito
Kennedy
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
John Morrison
Edge
etc.
etc.
etc.

Yeah, I understand that Khali is champ on SD! but that's only a default reign because Taker and Edge are out... so Khali was never meant to have it. It's only logical he does.

I think Sydal could fit in well and I also think it'd be an interesting, yet obvious, team with Rhodes. I could easily see Sydal being U.S. or IC champ after he gets brought up.

Your putting word into my mouth, I said "The Odds Are Stacked Against Him"
yes he size has something to do with it Sydal is 5 Ft 8 all those guys are actually taller than 5 ft 8 another thing which you seem to have neglected is Sydal is very bad on the stick, what do most of those guy on the list have in common they are very good on the mic.

So what i was trying to say is that with some one as Small as Sydal with the added fact he is bad on the mic is reason for me to believe WWE which is about "Sports Entertainment" may not push him as much as some people may like.