Fantasy TUF Trainers?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

J...

Reaction score
Awesome thread!!

I'm already getting one I've been waiting for forever. John "K.O's" Koshcheck. He's awesome and I think he would make an excellent choach so I can't wait. Also most of the shining stars out there from the first few Ultimate Fighters that have went big, not neccesarily champ but like Mike Swick, Diago Sanchez and others.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
The only problem I have with Anderson Silva being a coach, is that he doesn't speak fluent English, which could result being a major issue for US based TUF shows. Some of the greatest fighters in the UFC right now don't speak English, I would say they would have to to coach TUF.

As far as Fantasy Coaches go, I would really love to see Lesnar and Couture battle as coaches, Lesnar would be constant lolz.

I would definitely love seeing Rashad and Forrest be opposite coaches just because they won the first two seasons of TUF and have also been previous coaches separately.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Hasn't everybody been done or are the actually TUF winners just the ones that remain?

I'd like to say Shogun or Machida but they don't speak english lol. Unless they they make it a Brazil edition. Besides them there's nobody that hasn't already coached or been on the show I'd like to see. UFC needs to start making some favourable stars.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Here are the fighters by weight class that most fans would probably like to host TUF that haven't already.

LW:
Nate Diaz
Frankie Edgar
KENFLO
Clay Guida
Gray Maynard
Sean Sherk

WW:
Thiago Alves
Jon Fitch
Dan Hardy
Diego Sanchez
Mike Swick

MW:
Nate Marquardt
Wanderlei Silva
Chael Sonnen

LHW:
I couldn't find any that I liked that can speak english fluently lol

HW:
Shane Carwin
Brock Lesnar
Cain Velasquez (he can speak english right?)

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I dislike Lesnar and I don't think he knows enough about MMA to be a coach.

That is the only downside to him being a coach. However Lesnar is a huge draw and would pull the highest ratings since Kimbo in TUF 10. Plus he has that attitude, the personality to make some entertaining TV. It almost seems like anyone he is facing, except Randy Couture, he finds something to dislike about the guy. Whatever coach you would pair with Lesnar, Brock would make a huge feud out of it, right out of thin air. He has the WWE mentality where he is just hands down better than anyone and everyone else.

J...

Reaction score
Since this is a fantasy thread I thought I'd post a really out there one I think would be awesome becuase of the ever building featherweight division WEC has and the popularity that slowly grows around it.

TUF: Team Faber vs. Team Brown.

Itd be a super awesome way to bring the Featherweight division to UFC and Urijah Faber is by far one of the best there is and def a fan favorite (Huge fan myself) and Mike Brown would be the perfect opponent for him as there's alot of bad blood between the two. Also would help bring in a few fighters to help get it started.

Just sayin XD

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Team Faber? J you just made me cream my pants.

That would definitely be interesting to see. Zuffa really sugar coated the WEC PPV by taking the WEC logo off of everything, including the gloves, which made it look super generic. I don't know how this could work. You know though, Faber and Brown, or even Faber and Aldo, etc, could coach TUF but it doesn't necessarily have to be FW fighters.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
The best matchup now would be: Kenny Florian vs Diego Sanchez!

Tell me that wouldn't be awesome. They have history. The first TUF Finale. And both are doing quite well and due a rematch anyway.

Patrick

Reaction score
Thanks for getting this fight up so fast!
I like and appreciate the ground game but could see a large amount of holding and ‘lay and pray’ technique from gerald cos he didnt do much to capitalise after all his hard take down work. Which does make me glad to see Amir win as he showed good heart, strikes and worked well on the ground therefore an active fighter therefore good for MMA. BUT damn does he need to work on getting underhooks hahaha.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I don't mind the fighters, but Id like to see some of the present day coaches that most fans don't know about form a team of guys. Greg Jackson, Matt Hume, Mark Della Grotte, etc. with Eddie Bravo coming in to help. I would love to see a coach like Greg Jackson pick fighters that he's never worked with before and mold them. Don't get me wrong, I love the fighters coming in, but I wouldn't mind seeing something different.