Fantasy FWA League

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tig

Reaction score
~~FANTASY FWA LEAGUE~~
You’ve got Fantasy Premier League, you’ve got Fantasy NFL, you’ve got Fantasy NBA… and now you’ve got the FANTASY FWA LEAGUE!!! In place of the planned FWA Predictions League, by way of the wonderful, sexy Dubb, this league will work very similarly to most fantasy drafts. Each competitor will draft a team of wrestlers to compete in their squad and they will be awarded points based on their performance during a standard FWA cycle (PPV-PPV, for example, Cycle 1 will begin on the Meltdown following Lights Out and will end at the Krash Memorial (rly? Wut about r3) PPV). Simple, right?

The scoring system has been intricately designed following consultation (on grade scores) with a moderator.

THE SCORING SYSTEM
Wrestles a standard match = 1pt
Draws a standard match = 2pt
Wins a standard match = 3pt
Main event showing = +1pt to the standard scoring
Championship match showing = +1pt to the standard scoring
Special match showing = +2pt to the standard scoring
Promo graded over 33 = 1 bonus point
Promo graded over 34 = 2 bonus points
No showing = -2 pt

RULES
- The current listed roster has 35 active members and I think teams of 5 sounds good, so this will be open to the first 7 people to sign up in the thread, or message me on discord. This can be slightly edited if the interest is there to allow 8 players, with teams of 4.
- I’ve been going back and forth on this, and I don’t think mods are going to be unethical just to score a few extra points in a fun fantasy league so… I’ll allow the mods to sign up, if they want.
- Trading between squads is permitted but only when it’s not an active game week.
- A game week is active the moment show cards are posted and ends the moment Fallout (or the PPV in the final week) is posted.
- Due to the small window between shows going up and cards being posted, the draft for the new cycle will always take place the week of the PPV.
- Your squad is locked in (barring trades) for the duration of a cycle.
- Squads will reset every cycle, allowing for players to drop in and out if needed/wanted, and also to keep squads fresh.
- Any current squad managers will always be given the option to retain their place in the league for a new cycle. If you aren’t currently managing a squad, but wish to take part in the next cycle, express your interest to me as it will be first come, first served.
- The first draft order will be randomized and will follow the snake format. Future drafts will be decided based first on league positioning (the lower you finish in the previous cycle, the higher your draft pick for the new one.) with any new managers draft positioning being randomized.
- If a squad member no shows a match, they get -2 and that is it, they will not be eligible to receive any points in that game week.
- PPV week will see an x2 multiplier kick in, so that means PPV weeks are worth double. No show points will also be doubled.
- Due to the likelihood that championship matches will generally main event a show, you may only receive one +1 boost per show, for example – if you draft Chris Peacock and he as a North American Championship match in the main event of Meltdown you will not receive +1 for a main event showing AND +1 for a championship showing, you will just receive +1. This includes special match showings, though, obviously the +2 for these events kicks in, you won’t however, receive +3 or +4. You cannot combine boosts basically.
- However, if Peacock was to main event Meltdown in a standard match and then have a championship match on Fallout, he would receive +2 that week.
- A standard match is considered anything that is not the following (not exhaustive, may be case by case basis): Carnal Contendership, Golden Opportunity, Jailhouse Blues, Mile High Massacre, Cibernetico, Cosmic Playground. Triple threats, seculars, battle royals, flaming tables ladder in an electric cell match are all just standard matches in this league.
- PPVs are only those labelled as such. Fight Night: Final Four, The Warehouse, Carnal Contendership are not considered PPVs by the brass, so they ain’t here. That means no x2 multiplier for these events.

If there are any questions surrounding game play rules or any specific situations you can think of that need clearing up, please post here (or write to me on discord and I’ll post here for you) as this will probably need some refining as we go to get it perfect.

SCHEDULE
CYCLE 1
Gameweek 1 – Meltdown XXI/Fallout 021
Gameweek 2 – Meltdown XXII/Fallout 022
Gameweek 3 – Meltdown XXIII/Fallout 023
Gameweek 4 – Meltdown XXIV/Fallout 024
Gameweek 5 – Meltdown XXV/Fallout 025
Gameweek 6 – Fight Night: Final Four
Gameweek 7 *double point week* - The Krash Memorial PPV

There is a small - perhaps insignificant to you and this is just about PRIDE - prize on grabs. The person who performs best each gameweek, will receive a full promo review from yours truly, including the grade I would have given you on the very next promo you post. The overall cycle winner will receive 5 review tokens that they can cash in whenever they want to get a full review with grades from me. Maybe a mod not taking part will match me on this offer! Maybe one of our GFX gods can make a cool banner for you to stick in your sig too

I’VE HEARD ENOUGH! DUBB’S IDEA THAT TIG IS RUNNING WITH IS AWESOME! HOW DO I SIGN UP?

Well, partner, just go ahead and express that you’re gonna CUM GET SUM below or you can let me know via discord. A squad name would be superb as well.

I won’t be taking part, obviously. I’ll be doing all the scores and shizz. BUT I HAVE RESERVED ONE SPOT FOR DUBB IF HE WISHES TO TAKE IT UP. If Dubb wants to run this instead of me, or change rules, he is more than welcome to as it was his brainwave! Just figured he'd be busy shaking hands and being a mod. Anywho, ramblin' now. G'luck.

Love you all.

Thank you for this awesome idea, Dubb.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Tig

Reaction score
Tommy has signed up via discord!

Tig

Reaction score
Jon has signed up via discord!

Tig

Reaction score
OMB has signed up via discord!