Fantasy Basketball

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Disagree with using anymore than 12 teams. I'd prefer a nice 12 man core. You get too big then you start bringing in people that don't even watch NBA just to fill out the league. People that couldn't name the fantasy value difference between Serge Ibaka and Channing Frye.

If we can legitimately bring in 16 people that actually know shit about the NBA then fine.

It's just, no offense to Sharpie, because he seems like a cool dude, but he doesn't watch NBA and I have a feeling he'll start forgetting to update his roster 4-6 weeks into the season. I already have in the NFL Fantasy League...why? Because I don't watch NFL. Not saying we should not allow him in, it's cool with me. Easier for me to get into the playoffs, rite?

Just my 2¢.

You guys want to randomize each round?

NO!!!!!! That completely kills having any strategy going into the draft.

Keep it the same as last year, ffs. Everything the same. No change, Obama.

If we're going to change anything I'd say we'd do it next year with the draft. Have it set up so next year the person with the lowest winning % gets the #1 pick in the draft. 11th place gets #2 pick, etc. Assuming everyone comes back.

I think we should hold a draft a week or so into the season so we can see where amnesty cuts fall.

I think we should hold the draft after FA, during pre-season or whatever. Ideally a week before the 1st game of the season.

ALSO LOL NO PROGRESS WAS MADE

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I like the idea of giving the lowest team the number 1 draft pick as long as there wasn't any purposely tanking their season to get it, lol.

As far as more than 12 I pretty much just meant if they were people who planned to be active and not just fill spots. Basketball isn't a hard sport to keep up with and figure out who is good in fantasy basketball if you at least understand the stats.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
I'm ready for this lockout shit to be over with. I'm getting antsy just sitting on my ass these past few weeks with no NBA Basketball to watch. Not to mention the idiots that make the TV guide still have NBA games listed so I have to see that every day.

Then to top it all off there was a Charity Basketball game today in Portland that was put together by Aldridge, that I wasn't able to attend, that had all NBA players participating in it. Was supposed to be a regular 9 on 9 game but Isaiah Thomas (Last chosen in the draft by the Kings) ended up playing both teams when B. Roy either backed out or no showed. Haven't heard confirmation on that as of now.

Last edited:

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Don't worry about it bro. Mid-December basketball cometh.

Right now I have

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Chris Paul
5. Stephen Curry

After that it's just a mess. I have Melo in the first round for some reason. I dunno lol.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
What made you put Curry top 5 this year?

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Mark Jackson loves him
His percentages are amazing
He helps in every category

I change my top 12 around a lot though. Everything below 5 is a mess like I said.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Might be a little bias since I had him last year put I'd personally rank Russell Westbrook ahead of him. Gives you more scoring, can get you the same amount of ast, better rebounder, steals and gets at least 8 trips to the line each night with nice %'s I do see Curry having a good year though with that said.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Might be a little bias since I had him last year put I'd personally rank Russell Westbrook ahead of him. Gives you more scoring, can get you the same amount of ast, better rebounder, steals and gets at least 8 trips to the line each night with nice %'s I do see Curry having a good year though with that said.

Stephen Curry got 33 minutes a game last year. If Mark Jackson increases his minutes he's going to put up crazy numbers. 20/5/5/2-stl/3-3ptm minimum all of which with excellent percentages.

Westbrook - Curry
Percentages >
< Assists - 6 per game for Curry aint bad though. I'm not complaining.
< Rebounding - But would be virtually the same if Curry got a minute increase.
= Scoring = - Curry is more efficient
= FGM =
3PM > - Westbrook doesn't impact this category at all
< FTM - I suppose you've got me here. I'll pick someone to pick up the slack here in the next round though.
= STL =

I dunno. I still take Curry. I do think I need to re-evaluate Westbrooks value though. I don't even have him in my first round right now, lol.