• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
The video starts abruptly. No fancy transition. No fancy visuals. Just a man and his camera. And that man is the man who, if the cards of the deck had been slightly different, could've been the LDW World Champion. But that’s not what the cards of the universe dictated and it has clearly taken its effects on the poor soul you see before as you see Reagan Cole just sitting down from pressing record on the camera. It's clear that not much time has passed since Blackout as Reagan just doesn't look great. Reagan's face tells a story and it's a depressing one as his eyes are just heavy which stand out within the bruising, some of them just healed up only to be re-opened recently.

The rain falls behind him through the two tall double-glazed windows with the brown frames enclosed around them. It isn't a light rain, as the drops fall from the sky faster than tears from a kid's face right before nap time. One single street light is the sole source of the light outside as the sky is dark, with not a single star in sight. Even the moon, which is full tonight, is not able to be seen through the dark clouds. The orange light showcases each rain drop as it hits the glass making a tapping noise.

Reagan's eyes aren't on the camera right now, the only motion coming from him is his hands that can't seem to keep still as he clenches his fists rhythmically before just covering his face with his hands. Another chance for the world championship went to the fucking hell. And what was worst was that he was so close, he had never come this close, but at the end the win slipped through his fingers once again. Finally, Reagan's eyes come to the camera as he takes a deep breath and goes to say his most commonly said catchphrase.....but he can't. He just can't. He can't even get to the second syllable of "Ladies" before he stops himself. His mouth is open, but he just can't bring himself to finish the phrase he has said since the dawn of his career. Reagan bites his bottom lip as he looks down. Reagan just stares at the ground before him.

"How do you say you've failed?"

Reagan is finally able to get a sentence out. The sound of rain still heavy behind him as Reagan brings his eyesight back to the camera, leaning back in the brown wooden chair behind him, running a hand through his hair as it goes back to silence from the British Apprentice. 20 seconds go by as Reagan just continues to stare at the camera. The sentence is said with so much despair and taut and so does the next sentences he says as he goes more into detail.

"Failed as a competitor, as a wrestler, as a role model. As a friend."

The emphasis on each noun gets bigger and bigger as he goes along the chain as the guilt is weighing him down like it's the hand of death itself.

"I said in the press conference or whatever you wanna call it that this version of me was the best version of me......So if this is my best version of me, why didn't I catch the turnbuckle sooner? I had Darius in a front face lock, I saw him grip the turnbuckle pad! I had a opportunity to fix it and I didn't. That's on me, I should have caught it!"

The anger now mixes in with the guilt as Reagan takes a moment to compose himself.

"It's just....this was the moment. That was the perfect time. He insulted my family when it was unneeded. He called my son "Blue and cross-eyed" and he called my wife "Buck-Toothed, Dullard". What would anyone do in that situation? You would kick their ass. And I lost. What does that show? What does that say to Jason? That people are bullies and no matter how you fight them, at the end you come up short!? I was meant to win on that night, it was pre-destined for me to win on that night…"

And once again Reagan is pent-up and he has to take a second break to compose him, this is a different Reagan than what we normally get. The Reagan we normally get is generally quite calm and relaxed. None of that is here. Reagan stares at camera and you can see him replaying the events of Blackout in his mind over and over again.

"I could feel the World Championship around my waist, I could feel the weight of it, I could feel it tightly wrapped around my hips. I could envision it baring my name. I could see my reflection in it… I could see my Jason's reflection in it. But I couldn't get that job done. Once again I fail. I thought I would be used to it after years of failing but it still hurts. Every. Single. Time. And I can't do anything about it other than just tell myself that I'll do it next time. But how many more "next times" are there going to be? How many Lives do I have until it comes up with Game Over and then no more title shots? Because it's gonna happen sooner or later. And I'm not gonna wait for that to show up! I'm better than this. I NEED to be better than this. For my family. And my friends. "

Reagan got a bit more pumped than he was at the start. But as he says the word "friends", it deflates him because it reminds him of the other incident that happened at Blackout.

"As for Nova...."

Reagan changes topic with complete sadness in his voice. Nova was his closest friend in the company, and she was the one, he could go to have a conversation with to get rid of his homesickness or anything like that. He trusted her and now he doesn't know what's going on with her. She joined Slate and Eden. The two people have terrorized her for months and now they're friends? It doesn't add up in Reagan's head but at the same time it feels like he's holding something back. Not until he has more information. Because Reagan's one of those people who like to know everything he can about people. But this one he doesn't know. He simply doesn't.

" I don't know. I really don't know. I need to talk to her. That's it. "

And with that statement, Reagan brings the video to a close as he sits up and turns the video camera off.

OOC: Did I go overboard with the description on this? Maybe. Mentions: @King Of Armageddon @Beavie @Jonny Nostradamus