Extreme Rising World Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Couldn't find a thread on this so I decided to start one. Anyhoo, on December 29th at the Extreme Rising event, Stevie Richards defeated Rhino to become the first Extreme Rising Heavyweight Champion. It'd be appropriate to share any and all thoughts on the promotion in this thread, the question I seek an answer to is this however. What do you think of the belt?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Belt's meh, not too bad, expected worse. Promotion is really a joke though.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Let me guess it's another one of those companies that hires the Vets/Old guys who thinks they still have it and need the money. NEXT!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Belt doesn't do much for me and when Stevie Richards is your first World Champion you know you have problems.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I read there's supposed to be a bunch of hidden meaning to the belt, but I don't know just looks lame to me.... As far as Stevie Richards being their first World Champ, I am sure that Dreamer did that as a good will showing to his long time friend... Richards was in ECW from day 1, even before Dreamer and certainly paid his dues within that company. He was just at the beginning of his main event/world title push when he got hurt the first time and I'm just guessing this will be a short reign as a way for Tommy to say here ya go, you deserved this years ago.... Either way the prmotion doesn't interest me much

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Belt looks awful.

I really don't mind Stevie Richards, he's one of the few ECW originals that I actually like. Although him becoming their first champion really isn't a good move, despite the fact that their roster looks pretty poor anyway.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I would watch this if Stevie was doing the "Right To Censor" gimmick.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I read there's supposed to be a bunch of hidden meaning to the belt, but I don't know just looks lame to me.... As far as Stevie Richards being their first World Champ, I am sure that Dreamer did that as a good will showing to his long time friend... Richards was in ECW from day 1, even before Dreamer and certainly paid his dues within that company. He was just at the beginning of his main event/world title push when he got hurt the first time and I'm just guessing this will be a short reign as a way for Tommy to say here ya go, you deserved this years ago.... Either way the prmotion doesn't interest me much

You mean this little gem officially from Extreme Rising: ""The EXTREME RISING WORLD TITLE... there are mysteries behind this title in and on it. Let's say this... if you like the TV show LOST, well this will be right up your alley. This is not no traditional belt by no means, and it will never be."

I can see their point, but the Title isn't quite as bad as Lost was.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Is that a dragon on the belt? I like the colour combo but the design is just weird.

I am sick of these ECW revival style shows, it just doesn't work anymore especially since the company shut down over a decade ago so most of the guys that worked for the company are really old now and are way past their peak. Why not try to take inspiration from ECW instead and try to create something that is new and innovative that can fill a gap in the market rather than rehashing old feds.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
My favourite Shane Douglas moment of the last ten years is when he "invaded" Raw and it didn't even register on the scale.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
My favourite Shane Douglas moment of the last ten years is when he "invaded" Raw and it didn't even register on the scale.

Douglas invaded raw? See what I did there...