Expendables 3 Casting Rumors and Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Sylvester Stallone has succeeded once again in his on-going mission to cast anybody who ever threw a punch during the course of any film in one of his Expendables movies: Nicolas Cage (that guy that used to be an actor and is now something else entirely) has signed on to star in the The Expendables 3. Cue sounds of explosions overdubbed with ridiculous Nic Cage quote (eg. “Not the bees”).

Given that the Expendables movies are massively popular – despite the fact that the average age of one of its characters is 76 – it came to no surprise that a second sequel had made its way into the development stages. And though Cage isn’t exactly the musclebound action hero that say, Arnie and Sly were in their days, there aren’t really many of those kinds of actor left, okay? Besides, Nicolas Cage will sign onto anything, given that he owes all that money to everybody.

Here’s what Rocky had to say on the matter:

“We are preparing the film with the same passion and commitment as the previous two. We have confirmed Nicolas Cage, a master actor who gives a veneer intellectual group. Hopefully we can realize to Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke. That is the great mission of the producer. We will continue with the same narrative scheme, the agility and the frenzy, which are inherent to the saga. What will definitely be the last? I can not guarantee. In principle it would be two deliveries, but the affection of the people encouraged us to work on a third. I guess as long as we amused ourselves by offering fun and people, we can continue playing ‘The Expendables’. For now we are not as expendable as it should and as some critics want.”

Harrison Ford? Say what? Ford, of course, was once the biggest action star of all-time, often seen racing about cityscapes searching for his family, usually playing a character called “Jack” (who may or may not have had extensive military training at some point). Though we can’t imagine the ol’ grumpster getting on board with something like this, it would actually be pretty cool to have him doing the “old action star does slower fighting” schtick.

Sly could write him an amusing line that cleverly references a role from the old days. Ford could, uh, kill a bad guy called Snake and then spout something like, um, “I hate snakes.” Like in Indiana Jones. Remember?

Honestly I would be fine with Ford being in the film, but Cage seriously unless he plays himself Crazy. I still want Segal in the next film and if he can bring back Norris and the rest. The cast has to be bigger with more action stars. Hell I wouldn't even mind them picking up Matt Damon over Nicholas Cage. Wesley Snipes is a good add too if they can pick him up

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: Nicolas Cage Signs On For The Expendables 3, Stallone Wants Harrison Ford

:yes:

More awesome casting

Castiel

Reaction score

And 3 is officially too many.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Snipes is still in prison so he is out.

Clive Owen and The Rock would be good ones

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
I wouldn't mind seeing a Castor Troy type cage in expendables

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Fyi this news has been confirmed as fake. I'll leave this open to discuss any further Expendables casting rumors, but the title of the thread is changing.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Following the news that Arnold Schwarzenegger is returning as the Terminator in Terminator 5, which he says will start filming in January, comes word that the actor will return for The Expendables 3 as well. TheArnoldFans is attending a summit with Schwarzenegger and says:

"Not only did Arnold confirm to TheArnoldFans that he will be in Expendables 3, he added that he's going to start filming in August in Los Angeles!"

Lionsgate has a set an August 15, 2014 release date for The Expendables 3, which will again star Sylvester Stallone and has Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich in advanced negotiations to join him.

Just wanted to note Mila Jovich, Snipes, and Jackie Chan all in Negotiations. Cage is just looking for money. But I like those additions.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
All fine additions, can't see them all happening but I'd gladly take any of them.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wait, Arnold is returning as The Terminator? Good grief, what's the script going to be about, his search for batteries for his pacemaker?