Exclusive: Brock Lesnar Signing Affected WrestleMania 28 Plans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brooklyn

Jobber
Reaction score
After speaking with sources, WZ can confirm Brock Lesnar's signing of a WWE contract on WrestleMania 28 weekend drastically changed several WrestleMania match outcomes and character futures.

The Hell in a Cell match outcome and future was said to be changed quite a bit last minute. As WZ reported a few weeks ago, Triple H vs Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 29 was one of the top possible matches being discussed prior to WrestleMania 28, with the idea of announcing the match on the 4/2/12 episode of RAW. When Lesnar was signed, WWE decided to scrap the plans for the time being. They wanted Lesnar's return to be what ended RAW and a match being made between Triple H and HBK is something WWE felt would be so big, it should also end RAW. WWE then decided to hold off on that possible match because with the return of Lesnar, coupled with the belief that The Rock will be involved in next year's WrestleMania, WWE didn't want to pigeon hole themselves with a match between Triple H and Shawn Michaels for a year. Sources say the match hasn't been wiped off the table but conversation of it likely won't be revisited until WrestleMania 29 gets closer.

Another effect from Lesnar's signing was John Cena's future. It was expected that the newly debuted Lord Tensai would have his first feud with John Cena. Once Lesnar signed, WWE wanted Lesnar to start off his WWE return in a feud with John Cena so Lord Tensai is expected to work with CM Punk. Sources couldn't confirm what the outcome of The Rock vs John Cena match was to be prior to Lesnar's signing, but there is much speculation that Cena's loss was decided upon later during WrestleMania weekend to set up the anticipation of Cena's reaction the next night on RAW and hold the audience's attention for the end of RAW and Lesnar's return.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
YES!! That's what I've said all along, HHH vs HBK WM 29.

Pipebomb!
71fd08da6b60a5df86499b073bc17926.png

Brooklyn

Jobber
Reaction score
Seeing Triple H go against Shawn would be a great match but i would rather see a elimination fatal 4 way. Triple H, Shawn Micheals, Undertaker, Brock Lesner at wrestlemania 29. That match would be a must see match.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
R'Albin said:
Unless Punk decides to become his old self that fued with Tensai will be painfully boring. What exactly does Tensai offer ?

I agree. I mean Lord Tensair does look like a believable monster and all but him feuding CM Punk in my opinion would be boring. Obviously, Johnny will be thrown into the mix at some point however I personally think overall it'll be a boring feud. I'd rather find someone else for CM Punk, maybe Ziggler. Give Ziggler what he deserves, this could be a good feud in my opinion.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Interesting read. WZ is inaccurate a LOT of the time but this seems probable. I'm unsure that Cena had that little say on the result though, if he didn't want to job, he wouldn't have. I reckon that was the plan the entire time.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Crayo said:
Interesting read. WZ is inaccurate a LOT of the time but this seems probable. I'm unsure that Cena had that little say on the result though, if he didn't want to job, he wouldn't have. I reckon that was the plan the entire time.

I wouldn't of seen the point of Lord Tensai going over John Cena. It wouldn't of made a difference it either's career. It would've just been a waste of time and a pointless feud because Lord Tensai wouldn't of been in the main-event scene if he had of won as he would've got put back down to that region of Ziggler. If Tensai was to feud either CM Punk or Cena, I'd rather Tensai feud with Punk. However, wouldn't like to see him feud either.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't mind Punk feuding with Tensai, I just feel it's pointless. Punk is best fighting guys his size, it makes him more believable as a champion. Also, Tensai can't even speak. Punk would bury the living crap out of him.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't mind Punk feuding with Tensai, I just feel it's pointless. Punk is best fighting guys his size, it makes him more believable as a champion. Also, Tensai can't even speak. Punk would bury the living crap out of him.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:

Crayo said:

DOUBLE QUOTING THE FAIL! :LAUGH: