Exactly one decade ago

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

Yeh that was my mistake, it was a long long time ago and I got mixed up how it ended.

Airfixx

but he's not recognized as the man who won the 3 world titles, because this ECW is not an official one. there are just the WWE, WHC , TNA and NWA

wordlife326 said:
^ah thats true

No it isn't actually.... He's wrong.

...And LOL. Yeah, cos the NWA title is like SOOOO prestigeous!

How can anyone that actually saw St. Valaentines Day Massacre forget the ending of the cage match? Show proppelled Austin through the side of the cage (and not one of the new skool mesh ones, this was when the cages really were STEEL cages.), inadvertantly getting him the win (and Vince's title shot for WM15 into the bargain).

Evil Austin

If the TNA title or the NWA title was bought by the WWE just like WCW and ECW were. They would be used as mid card titles pretty much with the same value as the US title and the X Division title would be like the CW title.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Big Show is shit. He has gotten where he is today because Vince originally signed him to a big, fat, juicy deal originally, thinking he had big potential, should he want to use it. Show just became the average fat man though, proving Vince blew his cash.

Oh, and he also gets pushed because he's really tall/fat. That shouldn't be overlooked either.

Kizza

I seriously think now he's worse then he ever was, even though he's lost like 60 kilos. He does the same moves, but worse, doesn't do that awesome Cobra Clutch Backbreaker he did on ECW in 06, and doesn't even do the Show Stopper anymore.

I reckon he just plain sucks.

Airfixx

I'm not much of a fan (although the occasional segment on SD makes me laugh.... Especially the way he's winding Edge up about 'taking care of' Vicki while he was 'in hell'), but Big Show can sell moves that I can't ever recall another guy so much as approaching his size ever pull off, let alone well....

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I can't agree with that, but anyway it's your opinion. So if i get it, for exemple, CM Punk is already a 4 time world champion ? ( ECW, WHC, OVW, ROH? )
edit : or bret hart a 13time world champion ?

Technically yes, but I'm saying whatever current organization he's in recognizes as a world title reign counts as a title reign.

Evil Austin

Pretty much to be recognised as a world champion imo the title has to be defended around the world. Like how WWE travels or is shown all around the world it's considered a world title. TNA is the same. But OVW or ROH aren't really as they are limmited to most countries.

Airfixx

If it's called a world title then it IS a world title (Back in the days of the OLD NWA you could've argued otherwise, but this is a post-WWF world.)... The titles are just as much kayfaybe as anything else. Just like the WWECW title, their percieved value fluctuates according to how the title is being booked.

We saw the IC title change hands in the UK back in 1992 and last time I checked England wasn't part of The Americas (apart from when it comes to bullying relatively vulnerable nations for capital gain, obviously!).

No-one started crowing about it not being a 'proper' IC accolade then so what's the difference?

...I'm sure I don't need to bring up the old European title either (Or perhaps I do?). :roll:

Beer Money Army

U know 10 yrs ago on this date.. hardcore holly won the hardcore title and we also got the Goldust vs Bluedust match

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
If it's called a world title then it IS a world title (Back in the days of the OLD NWA you could've argued otherwise, but this is a post-WWF world.)... The titles are just as much kayfaybe as anything else. Just like the WWECW title, their percieved value fluctuates according to how the title is being booked.

We saw the IC title change hands in the UK back in 1992 and last time I checked England wasn't part of The Americas (apart from when it comes to bullying relatively vulnerable nations for capital gain, obviously!).

No-one started crowing about it not being a 'proper' IC accolade then so what's the difference?

...I'm sure I don't need to bring up the old European title either (Or perhaps I do?). :roll:

Thank you. My point exactly. Everyone, don't get me wrong though.....I know the ECW title isn't valued the same, but it had higher prestige when it first came back. If it were to switch brands with one of the other titles (I know it WON'T happen, but for the sake of my point) and John Cena vs. HHH for the ECW title headlined Wrestlemania, you couldn't just not include the past lineage as not World title reigns because it wasn't booked as strong as the other titles.

Hardcastle

Reaction score
I get your point, it makes sense obviously, but I still think like pro wrestling illustrated, anyway that was a good debate :)