EVOLVE Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
I have to agree with this 100%...

THey used Dragon to put Fish in a main event match, but Fish isn't all that great. Not the type of guy i'd want to be building my company around. Brad Allen kinda disappeared. But you still have better options than FIsh. I don't like the whole win-loss thing either. THey need a championship. I find it kinda odd how the only undefeated guy who's wrestled more than 1 match, Drake Younger lost to Silas Young. Which feel like a midcard kinda dude. I thought they were building YOunger up to the upper card.

I also don't like not having mats on the floor, and i don't know why they didn't tour to some other midwest cities like Chicago, Boston, Detroit, .....or even in the south. The Philly/NJ market seems way overdone.

Reaction score
Alrighty, I live in the northeast and I hit up many shows. I'm the authority here on this issue. Not really sure where the supershow issue came from. Indy wrestling across the board is down, including smart mark shows like Evolve and DGUSA. The cards Evolve and DGUSA shows promote are always stellar and always bring in the fans they want, I don't see a huge problem with it to be honest.

You know how many indy companies don't use mats on the outside? I'd say about 95%.

And I'm a huge Fish fan. The guy always busts his ass, Fish vs. O'Reilly II was great.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I'm not saying the shows are bad, i'm saying they aren't making money, and running where there are half a dozen other wrestling shows around at any given time may be part of the problem. When DGUSA ran Mercury Rising in Arizona they drew way more than their iPPV in MA which only drew 200. EVOLVE averages under 100 people from what i've seen. I don't think that's the number of paying customers they want to bring in. I know i'd be pissed if I worked for one or more of the companies. How many fans does JAPW get in on average? What about the ECWA? Get my point?

Nobody uses mats that's true, but for a DVD release especially there's no excuse for something that easily fixable to go unnoticed. Plus those 95% others should anyway, just for safety's sake at least.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Also, on Bobby Fish...Meh, i've really only seen Fish in EVOLVE, some in NOAH and he seems to always work the same shoot-fight style match over and over. His matches with Hero and Bryan (I thought) were underwhelming and they're arguably the two top US independent wrestlers at the time. GSS, you're not the only one who sees his talent though, so I can concede to just be missing something on him. But I still haven't been very impressed with his run thus far, and having the company focus around him ahead of Jacobs, Taylor and the like isn't the greatest idea to me. But we'll see how it plays out I guess. Like Montana said, they might not even be around a year from now so it might not matter who they put forth.

Reaction score
Fish will grow on you. I remember the early days of Nigel McGuiness, people respected him but it took awhile for the guy to grow on people and really get the masses behind him. The same could be said for Eddie Edwards right now. Once these guys are given more spotlight they feed on it and its bound to payoff.

Montana

Reaction score
Did anyone see Team Beyond on Evolve 3. I'm sitting here watching the show and i kinda know those guys. They wrestle at a local promotion here in Detroit, and they basically did the job, and took some nasty bumps. It was kinda cool to see them in Evolve, although that may have been their only appearance. Just curious if anyone saw that, and has an opinion on it.

PLus no date for Evolve 7 yet....

Montana

Reaction score
It's about time. Hopefully Evolve can turn itself into a credible Indy this year. I think they need to establish a champion and go from there. At this point in time, it seems like Chuck Taylor should be that guy.

Reaction score
Almost more importantly is the announcements of dates for me. 4/19 in NYC is gonna be real fun but hopefully they don't hit a lag after that show.