EVOLVE Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
Chasing The Leader
Chuck Taylor (3-0) vs. Mike Quackenbush (0-0) - Quackenbush wins with a version of a crucifix rollup.

Tag Team Rematch
Cheech & Cloudy (2-0) vs. Flip Kendrick & Louis Lyndon (1-3) - Up in Smoke wins with their double team finisher after crotching Flip on the top [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]turnbuckle[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Cheech and Cloudy were heeling it up. Post match interview with Lenny Leonard where Cheech claimed there are "no cheap wins, just wins." Lyndon tried to confront them on their cheating but thought better of it.

Special Challenge Match
Jimmy Jacobs (3-1) vs. Adam Cole (1-1) - Jimmy Jacobs wins with the Contra Code. Jacobs said, he did what Johnny Gargano couldn't do: beat that "sexy little" Adam Cole and "send him back to curtain jerker."

Battle For 3
Sami Callihan (2-0) vs. Drake Younger (2-0) - A pretty hard-hitting brawl where Sami bled a ton. Drake won with his version of the Cop Killer. Postmatch, he said that at 3 wins, he had his eye on Jimmy Jacobs.

One Win On The Line
Brad Allen (2-1) vs. Johnny Gargano (2-2) vs. Gran [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Akuma[/COLOR][/COLOR] (1-1) vs. Jon Moxley (0-1) vs. Frightmare (0-0) vs. Rich Swann (0-0) - Johnny Gargano got the win after jackknifing Frightmare who had just hit Rich Swann with Kneecolepsy. Johnny Gargano said he "literally destroyed 5 lives" tonight and then called himself "the baddest man on the planet," which brought out Homicide who told Gargano to leave. Moxley got in [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]the [COLOR=blue !important]ring[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], and Homicide said he'd keep his eye on him. Then Homicide cut a promo saying he was here to rule the indies again.

A brief intermission.

To kick off the second half, Moxley came out and demanded a rematch with [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Brodie[/COLOR][/COLOR] Lee, based on what happened at Evolve 4 at the Ace Arena.

WSU World Title Match
Mercedes Martinez defends vs. Amazing Kong - Martinez won via dq when Kong kicked referee Mike Kehner. She tried to powerbomb him, but he scurried away. Martinez and Kong brawled to the back.

Special Attraction Match
Kyle O'Reilly (2-1) vs. Ricochet (1-2) - Ricochet won with the 630. Good action playing up the striker vs. flyer. O'Reilly tried for a couple different submissions.

The Main Event
Bryan Danielson (1-0) vs. Munenori Sawa (1-0) - Danielson got streamers, a few ties, and his "You're gonna get your [expletive] head kicked in" chants for his entrance. There was a scattered "Next US Champ" chant as well. Danielson won with the LeBell Lock after 15-20 minutes. Hard-hitting, tons of strikes, submission attempts. After the match, Danielson thanked the Northeast fans for "making his career" and asked them to continue to support wrestling. Soundman played Final Countdown, more fans threw ties, and Danielson jokingly went after one of the photographers. He shook hands around ringside to end the show.

Most of the locker room came out to watch Danielson/Sawa. XPac came out to watch Ricochet/OReilly.

==========================================================================================

X-pac siting. This looks like the best show Evolve has done. A little upset that Quack beat Chuck Taylor, due to their records. Taylor was a legit undefeated star they could have made. Now Drake Younger is the only undefeated guy with over 2 wins. They need a title...and fast!

Good to see Danielson and HOmicide on the show too.

Reaction score
EVOLVE 6: ??? vs. ???
November 20th, 2010
Union City, NJ
Ace Arena
725 Sip Street, 07087
Belltime: 8pm

Tickets now on sale in the EVOLVEwrestling.com Shop or by calling 267-519-9744

Main Event #1

Chuck Taylor (3-1) vs. Austin Aries (0-0)

-Homicide
-Jimmy Jacobs
-Drake Younger
-Bobby Fish
-Ricochet
-Jon Moxley
-Sami Callihan
-Cheech & Cloudy
- Johnny Gargano
-Adam Cole
-Rich Swann
-Kyle O'Reilly
-AR Fox
-Scott Reed
-Tony Nese

Talent and lineup will be announced in the upcoming weeks in the EVOLVEwrestling.com News Ticker!!!​

Montana

Reaction score
I wonder if Homicide and Moxly will main event. By the way the card looks, that might be the case. I'm not sure how i feel about Evolve yet. They just aren't together yet it seems. Like they don't know what direction they want to go.

bigdog4215

Reaction score
dam I wish one of these smaller companies would get on a tv network that isn't so rare and expensive like hdnet.I just my 1st dgusa and evovle shows recently and loved them,they are more entertaining to me than wwe and tna.

Reaction score
EVOLVE 6: Aries vs. Taylor
November 20th, 2010
Union City, NJ
Ace Arena
725 Sip Street, 07087
Belltime: 8pm

Tickets now on sale in the EVOLVEwrestling.com Shop or by calling 267-519-9744. 1st and 2nd row tickets are $5 off until November 15th. GA tickets are only $15 in advance. They will be $20 at the door.

The Main Event
Chuck Taylor (3-1) vs. Austin Aries (0-0)

Bonus Main Event
Homicide (0-0) vs. Jon Moxley (0-1)

EVOLVE 1 Rematch
Kyle O'Reilly (2-2) vs. Bobby Fish (0-4)

Special Attraction Match
Ricochet (2-2) vs. Adam Cole (1-2)

Clash Of Egos
Jimmy Jacobs (4-1) vs. Johnny Gargano (3-2)

Tag Team Action
Up In Smoke of Cheech & Cloudy (3-0) vs. The Super Smash Brothers of Player Uno & Player Dos (3-0)

Special Attraction Match
Drake Younger (3-0) vs. Silas Young (0-1)

Four-Way Match - One Win On The Line
Rich Swann (0-1) vs. AR Fox (0-0) vs. Tony Nese (0-0) vs. Scott Reed (0-0)

The ACE Arena is located just a few minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel outside Manhattan. It is easily accessible by bus from all over NJ and NYC. For directions and bus info visit: http://events.aceprowrestling.com/

card subject to change

Montana

Reaction score
This company really needs to establish some main event wrestlers and stick with them. This is Aries and Homicides first matches, and they've earned the main event spots, but it seems they can't seem to get any momentum going with Richards, Danielson, Hero, Claudio getting the main event slots, and then not wrestling on every show. To me it seems like they should Push Taylor and Jacobs as their backbone, and going over those top guys.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, what happened with him? Last i know he was working an angle with Hero... and Allen had to work his way up the card to challenge hero. That was probably the most interesting storyline they had. I forgot all about him.

Reaction score
I suppose with Hero signed to ROH that may limit or extinguish any possible Evolve hopes.

However I will be in the house Saturday for Evolve 6. Should be a solid show but may lose some fans as JAPW has a card going not that far away from Union City.

Montana

Reaction score
But why wouldn't Brad Allen still be on the roster? Or maybe he still is, just not on this show.

Looks like a pretty solid Evolve show. Every match is decent. Aries vs. Taylor will be good. I hope they come in Detroit in 2011.

Reaction score
The whole issue with Allen seems to be a giant question mark.

As for Detroit, I would doubt it as they really seem to like the Union City venue in NJ as its cheap and the ring is already there. I could always be wrong though.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, wishful thinking. Word is DGUSA felt they should have ran Detroit instead of Windsor for Northen Navigation. I bought a GA ticket and moved up to front row for that one. Chikara just came to Detroit as well. I think Evolve is still another year away, if they are still around.

One of their cornerstones, Jacobs is a detroit native as well.

Reaction score
Evolve 6 was lots of fun. Quick results:

Silas Young over Drake Younger
Bobby Fish over Kyle O'Reilly
AR Fox won the 4 way over Rich Swann, Neese and Scott Reed
Up in Smoke over Super Smash Brothers
John Moxley over Homicide
Ricochet over Adam Cole
Johnny Gargano over Jimmy Jacobs
Austin Aries over Chuck Taylor

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Bobby Fish totally sucks? It's obvious he's about to get a big push with his losing streak deal/the way Gabe gushes about him, and honestly, i'd rather see about 10 guys on the roster ahead of him get these kind of rave reviews.

One thing that I HATE about EVOLVE is how there aren't any mats on any of their shows! It's ridiculous and unsafe and makes the whole show look totally minor league, even for an indy show.

Another thing I think Gabe (or whoever) is being stupid on, and this can go for pretty much anyone in the area, is why does EVOLVE and DG try and run the same kinda super-indy show 20 promotions run in the Northeast? They should think of running somewhere else if they want to make more money, there's too much activity up there keep going financially, realistically.