"Everybody's looking at me...."

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

...god...

Reaction score
I totally agree with Mike/Nou, he should adapt a mask like that, it would be so sick. And come out to a new bad ass theme.

noumenon

Reaction score
I like him not using music. Come out with the lights turned off, hiding his face. Amazing...lol. Cody needs a push after this for sure.

LSD

Reaction score
I absolutely love it. Rhodes is one of the reasons I watch Smackdown every week and this time last year I didn't. He is getting better every week because he finally has personality. A young dude too from a wrestling family... a couple of years this guy could be a big star.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I've said this a few times, but it really amazes me where Cody is at in his career right now. I don't know many people who saw him lasting this long in the WWE, and now it feels as though everyone is enjoying this character, and is really already writing him in for at least a few more years. And again, Ted is really where I expected Cody to be now, if not lower than I expected Cody to be, and Cody is being built for a Mania match in one of the most credible feuds with Rey Mysterio right now, and his character is developed far beyond his already seemingly successful character.

I've been impressed with Cody, and really can't recall a more intriguing CHARACTER in the last 3-4 years.

1chiban

Reaction score
Piper V Bret @ WM8 is a shit hot match.

Piper & Rude in a cage was pretty damn good too.

The Bret match is good. Don't know what Piper-Rude cage match you are referring to,so obviously haven't seen it!

I think the point Enzo made is that Dusty has had a greater number of more memorable matches for longtime wrestling fans both in terms of their stature and their in-ring quality. I haven't seen lots of old Dusty matches so can't comment on consistency, but he was world champion multiple times in hot territories and so therefore probably drew more money as a singles wrestler than Roddy ever did. However, I'm assuming if you count Wrestlemania I's tag match on Roddy's list. However most of this was probs down to Hogan and T, although Piper did play his part as T's protagonist really well.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Enzo sed: "I can name only ONE good and exciting Pipes match".

The guy knows his shit, but it's all too easy to have a momentary 'memory fail' in the interest of furthering a point. : P

As for Roddy @ WM1... Coincidentally, I was watching a Don Mauraco (sp?) shoot last night and (i guess this ultimately does further Enzo's overall point, but...) he was saying how Roddy wasn't booked into that scenario to be 'the wrestler' he was operating on an almost 'managerial' level and, as you suggested, play foil to Mr T; and furthermore that it was Orndorf who was intended to seem like the true challenge to Hogan. TBH, personally, I've always found the match to be pretty forgetable... Couldn't even tell you the finish off the top of my head!

As for Roddy/Rude cage match.... Fuck knows what show it was on (wasn't a PPV), but it was during their fued which followed Roddy's costing Rude the IC title in his rematch against Warrior @ Summerslam '89.

1chiban

Reaction score
Enzo sed: "I can name only ONE good and exciting Pipes match".

The guy knows his shit, but it's all too easy to have a momentary 'memory fail' in the interest of furthering a point. : P

As for Roddy @ WM1... Coincidentally, I was watching a Don Mauraco (sp?) shoot last night and (i guess this ultimately does further Enzo's overall point, but...) he was saying how Roddy wasn't booked into that scenario to be 'the wrestler' he was operating on an almost 'managerial' level and, as you suggested, play foil to Mr T; and furthermore that it was Orndorf who was intended to seem like the true challenge to Hogan. TBH, personally, I've always found the match to be pretty forgetable... Couldn't even tell you the finish off the top of my head!

As for Roddy/Rude cage match.... Fuck knows what show it was on (wasn't a PPV), but it was during their fued which followed Roddy's costing Rude the IC title in his rematch against Warrior @ Summerslam '89.

Didn't it involve Bob Orton cracking Orndorff over the back of his head with the cast allowing Hogan to pin him? *Nerd*

Axis

Reaction score
Yeah Orton had just been thrown out of the ring by Snuka, but he climbed back up top while Orndorff had Hogan in a Full Nelson. He came off, but Hogan moved, and Orton nailed Orndorff on accident. Snuka came back in to clear Orton out, and Hogan got the pin.