"Everybody's looking at me...."

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Reaction score
Another great promo from Cody. He's the shit and his new masked gimmick should be left to run and run.

Another WWE fued of the year contender for Mysterio? Looking that way to me.....

Thoughts....?

...That is all! ; o]

ahorrig

Reaction score
I dont feel the "reys mask" storylines should be overused. Otherwise, Rey and Cody should be good.

Airfixx

Reaction score
It's not a storyline about Rey's mask.

Go back to the segment on this weeks SD... Listen.

1chiban

Reaction score
He just took the mask as an insult. Unless, he'll claim that he's taken Rey's face in exchange for Rey ruining his or something silly like that.
I was a little disappointed with Cody's face-mask. I wanted something like Undertaker had in the mid 90s lol.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I would of liked it if Cody Rhodes had a mask like Tom Cruise wore in the movie "Vanilla Sky".
vlcsnap-11507450.png

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I don't get why a fat, boring slob like Dusty gets such a big pop (unless that was edited). He was a pretty good talker but, really, he was a boring wrestler (imo).

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Probably edited canned cheers. That is one reason why I do not watch Smackdown. Any time the crowd cheers it sounds like the same old generic roar it always does.

noumenon

Reaction score
A phontom of the opera'esque mask would have been absolutely fucking priceless. Cody is indeed amazing though.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
The same could be said for Piper, except Dusty drew more money in alot more places than Piper and was a better worker.

I thought you were intelligent but this has proven otherwise. I am actually shocked.

Seriously, though, just to clarify before you take that too seriously, not because I'm an obvious Piper fan, but I wouldn't consider Piper boring by any means. I have always openly said he wasn't the best in the ring but he is absolutely not boring at all on the mic and I don't think he is boring in the ring. He's not OMG I JUST SHIT MY PANTS exciting (but can be, at times), but I wouldn't say boring. Maybe average, imo. Dusty is just a boring character altogether, IMO.

Not sure about the money comparison, never really looked into it.

Reaction score
Incredibly successful territories were built around Dusty in Florida and Texas, Piper was a mid carder at best his entire career. Dusty was as big an act as the world champ in the days when the world's champ was and was in high demand in Japan as well. Pipes, while a good talker, made it to upper mid card level in Portland and Mid Atlantic, places Dusty main evented when he'd drop by. And when Pipes was brought to the E, he wasn't even really brought in to wrestle, but as to manage and talk. He was pushed in the WM main event because Vince thought having a manager/wrestler would balance out having a real "wrestler" paired with an actor as Orndorf was considered the "Wrestler" and Piper the lesser, but equal to the actor.

As far as exciting goes, I can name only ONE good and exciting Pipes match, the famous Dog Collar match with Valentine, I can list about ten Dusty classics off the top of my head. For a fat slob, Dusty could do everything Pipes could, but with more charisma.Mags/Dusty-Andersons, Dusty/Flair almost everytime, Dusty-Tully barbwire series, Dusty-Stan Hansen and so on. And as far as character goes, Dusty >Pipes by a mile, how else could a fat slob get so tremendously over all over the world looking like that? And Austin and Rock's characters are somewhat spinoffs of Dusty.

So wipe that Piper semen from yo lips and like the negros say "be real". :)

Axis

Reaction score
^I recently watched Wrestlemania 3, and I thought Piper/Adonis was a lot of fun. I totally agree with Dusty having a much better set of matches under his belt though, even if his WWF run was underwhelming. Flair has also said that Dusty could athletically go with the best of them. Flair said he's had probably a hundred 60-minute matches with Dusty, and that he's sure plenty of other guys have done the same, if not more, with him.

Reaction score
That was indeed a fun match, I will give Piper that. But that's a person people should get to know, Adrian Adonis, and not his WWF run, just like people whould know the real Dusty Rhodes, not that fat polka dot caricature that he was for a year and a half in Vinceland.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Piper V Bret @ WM8 is a shit hot match.

Piper & Rude in a cage was pretty damn good too.