• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ever experienced a natural disaster?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yesterday a series of tornadoes ripped through my home town of Dallas, Texas and my Facebook news feed kept me in-touch with the horrors of spring weather in North Texas.

I've never actually seen a tornado with my own eyes, but I've had a few close calls at my house where the walls would shake like being in a subway station. In fact, the place I was working at just before I moved to Montréal almost took a direct hit and my friend even captured it on his phone. I don't know if I'm jealous or glad I picked a great time to get the fuck out of there.

306120_2605156828717_1848785726_1611862_794717120_n.jpg

The video is better, but he uploaded it to Facebook, not Youtube. The debris falling in the yard was pretty insane.

So as far as tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, and other natural phenomena are concerned, has anyone here experienced one?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Nope, luckily in Australia we rarely (near to never) get natural disasters. We do get really bad floods sometimes though.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I thought there was a fault line that cuts right through New Zealand? You guys don't get tsunamis or anything?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Nope.. I don't recall any tsunamis, earthquakes, tornadoes or of that kind that's happened recently.

Australia is not subject to volcanic eruptions on the mainland. The only volcanoes on Australian territory are those on the remote Heard and MacDonald Islands. Whilst Australia could be hit by a major tsunami, it has not yet happened. It is conceivable that Australia could have avalanches, but this also is rarely an issue.

Australia does experience earthquakes, but not as severely or as commonly as in say Japan, Iran or New Zealand. Essentially, Australia is situated far from tectonic plate margins which are the "hotspots" for severe earthquakes. Stresses can develop away from plate margins, which is why the continent can experience relatively minor earthquakes.
Because Australia is centrally located on one of the shields of the earths crust. These are old solid parts of the earth's crust where there is no volcanic activity or movement so there is little in the way of seismic activity.

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wow, thanks. That was seriously very informative and I wasn't aware of that. :y:

Aniking

Reaction score
Wow, thanks. That was seriously very informative and I wasn't aware of that. :y:

Neither was I, and I'm Aussie too.

I know that some coastal areas, mainly in Queensland, are subject to serious flooding, but HATRED summed it up pretty well. Possibly a little copy paste there? :STEEN:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
We've had a hurricane go over before once. And in neighboring cities like right next to ours... and we had a couple like north of where I was living had some tornadoes that ripped through.

So yeah we had a little share of those kinda things.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
About 10 years ago there was an 'earthquake' around here, epicenter about a mile away.

I put earthquake into inverted commas because it measured something pathetic on the Richter Scale, but made national news. It was probably the equivalent of the bass being turned up in yr car, or someone jumping up and down next to you, put people were exaggerating to the press saying their beds flipped over etc etc.

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Eh, we here in Scotland got a bit of a 'hurricane' earlier in the year, not like those you'd see in America or anything, but it was pretty wicked by our usual weather standards.

Unlucky for me, it was the day of my driving test, which got cancelled but I still had to drive about for 2 hours getting hit with branches and avoiding mini-lakes in the middle of the road, fallen down trees, bricks, the usual stuff.

So that's my experience.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The last time there were any major tornadoes here was when I was really young, so I don't remember. Other than tornadoes, no other natural disaster happens where I live (East Texas). The worst I can think of is when Hurricane Rita came through in 05, and we got the outskirts, electricity was out for a week, but no real damage.

Vivido

Reaction score
Last Feburary there was the Christchurch earthquake, at the time I lived about 200km south of Chch, we felt the earthquake in my home town but we were a pretty decent distance away from the epicenter, so not to much damage at home. What I did have to go through was the worry, as I have plenty of friends in Chch, plus it is a city that I know well and love.

In Janurary this year I moved to chch, which had experienced aftershocks for pretty much the rest of 2011, I've felt a few since my move but nothing to big. I feel pretty safe, but I now live in half a city.

I figured in the next 5-10 years Chch will be the place to be, everything will be new age fancy nancy buildings everywhere, so looking forward to that at least.

Pretty scary shit at times.