• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evan Bourne

MikeRaw

Evan Bourne.

Evan Bourne was really starting to get some fan fare before he was injured. He wasn't a main eventer or even close, but he was starting to turn in to a credible mid carder.
I'm not exactly sure when he is supposed to come back though. But when he does, what do you think is in store for him?
Although he was appearing a bit on Raw for a while before injury, he's still technically a part of the ecw brand.
What do you think would be best for him when he returns?
To stay on ECW, and possibly feud with Jack Swagger in a battle of the young guy? Or go to SD and get some more attention while midcarding?

Personally, I think going ot SD would be a good step for him. The possibiolity of a feud with Swagger is tempting, but neither guy is overly established yet, and whoever loses the feud wouldn't be taking much of a step forward, because Swagger is still new to this. Losing the belt would be bad so soon, and winning the feud could make Bourne look back. So I think on SD, he could have new opponents, and maybe even go after the US title, and more importantly, get exposure and more fans, without taking away from the young guys on ECW.

Where do you think he should return?

The Clash

Reaction score
I think feuding jack Swagger is his best option, as he is credible of a title run, I feel that swagger needs a young face to feud with rather than Finlay.

I was gutted when he got injured as we were seeing more from him on Raw, rather than ECW, he was shaping out to be a futuremain eventer.

So yeah, I think he will return in time for mania and compete in the money in the bank match, as for if he will win, I am unsure, we will have to see :)

xDesirex

Reaction score
They should bring him back soon and maybe have him fight jack swagger that would be sweet having a whole title thing going and all maybe ecw will not be so boring lol

Digitaloz

Reaction score
I was completely surprised when I first started seeing Sydal/Bourne in ECW. It seemed like the WWE were giving him a lot of chances to use his unique high flying offense, which really did work. I do think that before he becomes a credible midcarder in either Smackdown or Raw, he needs one more big time feud. Maybe against a veteran that can put him over.

noumenon

Definately feud with Swagger. It would be great for both of them...and for ECW. Later down the line they can move him to another brand with little or no explaination needed.
A guy like Swagger who they built up so quickly is desperate for a face with some real fan support to face. Sure Finlay has his fans, but he's really not tapping into an audience above 6 years old with his current gimmick.

straight_edge76

ECW would be his best option, he would make it IMO watchable again. Ever since Mizorrison and Punk left I have not watched ECW. Honestly I am suprised It has lasted this long. A releativly enertaining (this is just my opinion) feud for the ECW title would be cool to watch. Swagger is kinda gay if you ask me but maybe if you throw Evan Bourne in the mix it could be good. Swagger was given somewhat of teh Bobby Lashley treatment, given a championship with next to no time to build up and get over. Maybe a good feud with someone other then Finley would help. Swagger hasn't really impressed me.

Airfixx

Considering how they struggle to utilise Mysterio a lot of the time given his size and his relying so heavily on 'underdog' booking, it seems to me there's only room for one Mysterio-type and, well, they already have Rey.

I say take as much time with him as necessary and push him gradually...

ECW's not big enough for them to convincingly push more than one person at a time, so depending on their plans for Swagger (i.e if they ARE serious about him for the future), have Swagger go over him 'dirty' for the sake of building him some heat. Then maybe draft Swagger to SD or Raw in the summer and then really go to town on Bourne in an effort to make him the main face on the ECW. (Notably, Dreamer may be gone by that time.)

...Or just have Bourne suffer a dirty loss agains Swagger only for Bourne to make a 'heroic' fight back into contendership and actually beat Swagger in the last qtr of the year.

Shame he's not fit for MITB tho' should there be one...

Do whatever you want with him just make sure he doesn't get put on Smackdown. On Smackdown the midcard is clustered enough as it is, those guys in the midcard have stayed in pretty much the same place and throwing Bourne over there would just add to that. ECW Main Eventing or even midcarding on RAW would be better.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I like Bourne. He's an exciting wrestler. Obviously the E seems to like him and can, I guess, see him as a suitable replacement for Mysterio down the road.

Too bad for Bourne though. He'll never really make it anywhere in the WWE beyond the mid-card. You see he doesn't have a best friend's coat tails to ride after his death.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I'm also an Evan Bourne fan, and I can't wait for his push when he gets back... now where is he going? I'll say SD... he is to good for ECW, but not good enough for the ECW title YET... So let him go on a premiere show in a mid card feud, have him go over. Than you can return him to ECW to have a feud with Swagger

Wordlife

feuding with Jack Swagger at first is the best thing they could do for him, then maybe give him a run on SD or Raw... depends on where the WWE Execs think he belongs and would fit

Great One

Too bad for Bourne though. He'll never really make it anywhere in the WWE beyond the mid-card. You see he doesn't have a best friend's coat tails to ride after his death.
There's still time for that. =p

Yeah, Evan Bourne is an exciting and good wrestler, but he had practically no character, so at times he came off somewhat boring to me.

The Clash

Reaction score
I hope Bourne gets drafted to Raw and gets pushed tbh, after ofcourse he feuds with Swagger.

A Bourne/Swagger feud will be good for the business, because tbh, ECW sucks feud wise these days.

I'd like to see them both drafted but where will that leave ECW? they will have to root for some talent from the developmental programme & some indy promotions, which I hink is what ECW needs to do, they need to be the brand which brings youngsters through.

MC Rae

Reaction score
I 100% think he should head back to ECW and feud with Jack Swagger. Bourne was getting an increasingly good reaction every week from the fans, he was fascinating to watch and it was generally good to see such a high-flyer get some recognition in the WWE.

I'd also make his return a surprise because seemingly no one seems to know when he's coming back. In the weeks up until then, Swagger can fend off all the ECW faces and can claim he's beaten all there is to beat on the brand and BAM, there's Evan. Shooting Star Press ahoy and such forth.