• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evan Bourne Suspended!

OMR

Reaction score
wonder if they will let air boom keep the tag titles or are they gonna strip them of it.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Evan Bourne suspended

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/evan-bourne-suspended said:
Evan Bourne suspended
November 1, 2011
Tags: Evan Bourne

In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Matthew Korklan (Evan Bourne) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company’s policy.

LOL. Have to laugh at this I really do. Whilst WWE are unsure whether to give Mason Ryan a push because everyone thinks he's on steds, a guy who no one thought would ever be on steds has been suspended. It's clear he took something though because he recovered from that neck injury pretty damn quick. Ryder to replace Evan as one half of the tag champs?

Killz

Reaction score
Disappointing, Air Boom were doing a tremendous job of being a high energy team making people excited for tag-team bouts and to see the titles.

I'm going to pose a question. In a profession where the biggest succeed, do you think WWE creates an unworkable atmosphere for the likes of Evan Bourne who, through no fault of his own, doesn't fit the image of top tier champ? That even though he has no chance of being that stature, might he still feel pressured into seeking out something that's going to speed up recovery and reduce pain simply in order the keep the spot on the card he has even though that spot isn't likely as high up the card as he deserves?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Ryder & Kofi or Mason & Kofi to carry on the team please.

Aniking

Reaction score
Holy shit, who would've expected this? I'm surprised to see this as I would never have expected in a million years that Evan fucking Bourne would get suspended for violating the wellness policy.

I wonder how this will affect the Tag Team Championships. Hopefully this doesn't bring Kingston down at all and instead they hand Bourne's title to somebody. Ryder would make the most sense imo.

TheZig

Reaction score
I'm going to pose a question. In a profession where the biggest succeed, do you think WWE creates an unworkable atmosphere for the likes of Evan Bourne who, through no fault of his own, doesn't fit the image of top tier champ? That even though he has no chance of being that stature, might he still feel pressured into seeking out something that's going to speed up recovery and reduce pain simply in order the keep the spot on the card he has even though that spot isn't likely as high up the card as he deserves?

Unworkable, Not so much anymore. Sure you still have all the huge statured guys who get instant credit because of their height and build but the smaller guy has been getting noticed more and more as time as gone on. Regarding the pressure of him having to use some substance to help recover, Maybe there was something or a voice in his ear telling him to do so. We know Vince gets pissed at stars who are seemingly injured alot and Bourne fits that mold, He maybe thought i'll take this violation instead of running the risk of getting future endeavored on a injury. Its a confusing solution but in WWE you have just as much risk of being released due to injury or from violation of the wellness policy.

Killz

Reaction score
Regarding the pressure of him having to use some substance to help recover, Maybe there was something or a voice in his ear telling him to do so. We know Vince gets pissed at stars who are seemingly injured alot and Bourne fits that mold, He maybe thought i'll take this violation instead of running the risk of getting future endeavored on a injury.

Exactly my thoughts when Prod mentioned his quick recovery from his neck injury. You get the feeling that a small guy from the indys who has maintained his weight and look to try and make it in WWE wouldn't be the sort of guy to be slack with prescriptions or just start roids for no reason. Still, the trouble with these scenarios is that we'll likely never know.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Kofi will probably be kept of TV for 30 days. Unless they somehow make something up as to why Bourne can't appear in person to help his partner.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think they'll hold it off until they drop the belts on Monday and have a injury angle with Bourne. Unless they can last minute it on Smackdown and do that. Or just give Kofi a replacement partner to hold it down.

OMR

Reaction score
I could see them saying that bourne was injured after air boom was attacked by barrett, rhodes and christian after the tag match on raw. I don't see him appearing again since it says his suspension is effective immediately.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Wow, interesting. Wonder what will happen to tag title

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think it's amazing how many of you assume it's roids. Upon first reading I thought it was pot. and for him to say Air Boom will not be derailed after this is silly what this means for the tag titles could be interesting for the tag division.