Eva Marie on Reaching Out to Vince and HHH, Kendrick on Working with Her

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
We’ve noted how Eva Marie has been working on her in-ring skills with former WWE Superstar The Brian Kendrick at his school in California. WWE recently spoke with the two and Eva revealed how the pairing came to be:

“I’ve been out for six months because I had to get surgery. That bummed me out, because I really wanted to perfect my craft. When I come back, I really want to show the WWE Universe how much Eva Marie wants to be here. So, I reached out to Triple H and Mr. McMahon and said I would love the opportunity to just train, so that I could learn the craft. Hunter put me in contact with Brian Kendrick, which is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”

Kendrick revealed he learned about Eva through William Regal and commented on what he expected:

“The thing was, I didn’t know what to expect. When I talked to Mr. Regal, he said, “Best of luck.” I didn’t know if he was being sarcastic. I said, “Is she bad?” He told me, “Honestly, we don’t know. She just hasn’t done enough in wrestling to tell if she’s good, bad or anything. She’s inexperienced.” I knew I was going to have to take her from the ground up. I didn’t know how much effort she’d put into it. I thought she’d put in one or two days a week, based on other people that I’ve trained, but she’s insisting on going at least five days a week. We’re going for our sixth day tomorrow. She’s the most driven person I’ve ever dealt with.”

Kendrick has had Eva watching matches such as Super Crazy and Tajiri in ECW so her style will have some lucha influence when she returns, Eva said. She also commented on if she has something to prove when she comes back:

“I really don’t think it’s something to prove, but I think the WWE Universe might not know that I tried out to be a Diva first. That’s what I wanted to do — wrestle. Everything else that happened – “Total Divas” and the main roster — came along so quickly. When I come back, I want to showcase what I’ve learned. It’s for the people that have believed in me. I do it for them, to make them proud and happy and have their support. Plus, I love wrestling. This is why I joined WWE. I’m so excited to come back.

Think they found the future Trish who is already an established star.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
WE shall see....I hope it works out for her. The diva's division surely would benefit from more technical training.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Good to know she has aspirations of being more than just hot.

Best of luck to her

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Someone actually showing interest is nice. Best of luck to her.

Blujay

Reaction score
Being the next "anyone" won't really do much in this day and age of divas. It's great she has the drive to be a better in-ring performer but does she have a personality? My issue with the majority of the roster of ladies is that they all feel forced on the mic. I'd look past the lack of their work ability if they could talk. AJ and Paige seem the most lax and "real" out of the recent batch on the mic.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Major drawback of the divas is that most if not all of them act like girls instead of women.

We need adults in wrestling tbh.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
A diva wrestling lucha style would be different. I'm on board.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Major drawback of the divas is that most if not all of them act like girls instead of women.

We need adults in wrestling tbh.
Precisely why I don't take Sasha Banks serious at all, damn fine wrestler sure but just looks like a teenager like AJ was.

You don't remember Layla coming back all that time ago after training Lucha? :MJ:

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Precisely why I don't take Sasha Banks serious at all, damn fine wrestler sure but just looks like a teenager like AJ was.

You don't remember Layla coming back all that time ago after training Lucha? :MJ:

Sorry, I heard Lucha and thought Mysterio, Kalisto, Guerrero, etc. Layla didn't do any of that shit.