• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Estimated TNA Buys for their 2007 PPV

vickymania

Credit : Mr.Sam

36,000 for Destination X (Joe vs. Sting) and Bound For Glory (Sting vs. Angle)
35,000 for Turning Point (Joe vs. Angle) and Lockdown (Team Angle vs. Team Cage)
34,000 for Final Resolution (Joe vs. Angle)
27,000 for Genesis (Sting and Booker T vs. Angle and Nash)
26,000 for Hard Justice (Joe vs. Angle)
23,000 for Against All Odds (Angle vs. Cage)
22,000 for Slammiversary (King of the Mountain)
21,000 for Sacrifice (Angle vs. Sting vs. Cage)
17,000 for No Surrender (Angle vs. Abyss) :schmoll:
15,000 for Victory Road (Joe and Angle vs. Team 3D) :puke:

None of these are good, but notice the best are the ones Samoa Joe main events

Shouldn't TNA be in panic mode over those numbers? Those numbers are horrific.
and i was a touch in doubt cause from what i know is that TNA is a privately owned company and their numbers aren't released publicly. Mr.Sam here claimed He has a lot of connections in and outside the industry, so he got it through that.
pl z note that these r estimated number's..don't think of them as the exact number's..but even in that case,the number's r horrible.

Nancy Di Loreto

Well it's ironic that some of the best busy were before TNA showed the PPVs globally, but they continue to have large attendances for the shows, so I guess they aren't too concerned about their PPV buys...

vickymania

just checked wrestleattitude.com..they have also mentioned these number's ina news report..so i guess,those r the facts as of now..TNA is improving,no doubt about it..they will go through high's and low's,but i expect them to come up with better PPV showing's..

Tsaalyo Phoenix

The buy rates are slowly improving. Attendance to shows isn't dipping, ratings aren't dropping, and they have no financial problems. TNA is here to stay and can only improve from here.

PeepShow

Looks like people wanna see Joe. I'm actually getting one his bandwagon. I have no clue why, but I'm starting to kinda like him.....lol. Just give him the belt TNA.

Wait, did I just say that :shock:

btw, I'm kinda surprised Slammiversary only got 22,000 buys.

The Rated R CMStar

The buy rates are slowly improving. Attendance to shows isn't dipping, ratings aren't dropping, and they have no financial problems. TNA is here to stay and can only improve from here.

Last time I check TNA still weren't turning a profit, and even made a roster cut. Attendance, well, you can say they are doing a great job but they don't have empty arenas so that's something. But to say TNA is here to stay is a bold statement.

Funny, people complain about WWE and their perma-main eventer John Cena. But check who is on every TNA main event

chessarmy

Looks like people wanna see Joe. I'm actually getting one his bandwagon. I have no clue why, but I'm starting to kinda like him.....lol. Just give him the belt TNA.

Wait, did I just say that :shock:

btw, I'm kinda surprised Slammiversary only got 22,000 buys.

I never thought this day would come....

As for the PPV buys, they are decent. But TNA is still a small and growing company, they buys are slowly improving and the ratings arent going down. The product is also pretty hot right now, with the current Christian vs Angle fued and Joe might get a world title shot with the current angle he is in, plus TNA is giving pushes to the right wrestlers finally (Kaz, Petey, Roode to name a few)

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Funny, people complain about WWE and their perma-main eventer John Cena. But check who is on every TNA main event
Know what the difference is? Kurt Angle actually LOSES. He's gotten the royal shit beaten out of him week to week and he's been destroyed in PPVs. How many title defenses has John Cena lost in the past year and a half? NONE. I really wish I was a member here when Cena wasn't injured. You could bet all your credits on Cena and triple them every time. Must have been sweet.

Granted, Angle won more often than he lost in PPVs, but that seems identical to the Triple H pattern, doesn't it? If you want to knock Angle, knock Triple H while you're at it, and outright concede defeat in the face of your invincible John Cena.

chessarmy

^ not only that, but Kurt Angle can actually put on great matches with most of the TNA roster (except maybe Steiner and Rhodes) and is actually a crediblt champion. He doesnt have a spinny toy as his World Title either, so its alot better. Plus, if Angle beats Cage at Final Resolution I'm pretty sure he is going to lose it at Against All Odds, especially since that PPV is gonna be on the road

PS: Roxxi Laveaux is awsome :) It sucks though, I have to look up her name every time I want to type it cuz its so hard to spell lol

monkeystyle

Attendance at the Impact zone is free, and TNA isn't turning a profit. Still.

Granted, it did get better this year for a spell but at least be realistic about these things will you?

chessarmy

^ Not all the PPVs were at the iMPACT! Zone this year...but I get what your saying

PeepShow

Dude, he's the World Champion. Do you expect him to be in the mid-card matches? That was a pretty stupid comment tbh.

Wrestling Station

typical TNA fan posts imo.

"this is Awesome"!! blah blah blah