Escaping From The Shadows - A Hitman's Vendetta

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

EZ3

it isn't easy being smart
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces
Bret Hart and World Wrestling Entertainment Part Ways - Vince Refuses Apology!

- April 10, 2006 - It was always going to be a relationship that was living on the edge of breaking down. The return of Bret Hart was due to the WWE’s attempt at creating a DVD in the same style as that of the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior directed at the Hitman. When people within the WWE found out about this, and there were many who are still friends with Bret Hart, they quickly worked to change the direction. Bret Hart threatened legal action based on defamation and the DVD was changed to a more positive outlook on the Hitman’s career. The Hall of Fame induction took place earlier this month and things looked good for a while. It appeared that Bret Hart and Vince McMahon had come to an agreement and Bret would act as an ambassador in Canada for the company.

A contract was drawn up and all the terms were agreed to - except one. It is reported that Bret Hart wanted an apology. He wanted Vince McMahon to go out on national television and say he was wrong and that he was sorry for his actions not only towards Bret but the entire Hart family. He pointed to the way Davey Boy Smith was treated in his hometown by Shawn Michaels back in 1997, humiliated and mocked when Michaels refused to do the job. Hart had his own troubles at the Survivor Series in 1997 as well. He wanted an apology, and not one behind closed doors but one for the world to see. As Bret saw it, the disrespect had been public so the apology had to be just as public for it to mean anything. Vince didn’t buy into that. He flat-out refused and the discussions stalled. The WWE had hoped to have Bret Hart promoting the Unforgiven pay-per-view which is in Toronto, Ontario this year but they had to scrap all the ideas they had for that.

After a week of silence between the two, Bret Hart called Vince McMahon and politely declined the offer. He said he was thankful for the Hall of Fame induction but it was clear that Vince McMahon hadn’t changed, and he was still unable to admit his mistakes. For his part in the phone call, McMahon voiced his feelings that Bret was just as stubborn as he ever was and that he was missing out on a great deal. Hart said he didn’t need the WWE, and he would be fine without them. McMahon apparently laughed and asked Bret what he was going to spend his time doing. “Whatever I want to,” is all Bret said in reply, and that was the last time they spoke. Bret Hart officially parted ways with World Wrestling Entertainment on April 9, 2006.

Paul Heyman is Fired! ECW Stars Walk Out of WWE in Protest!

- December 6, 2006 - Let it never be said that the wrestling business was one for a dull moment. As of 48 hours ago, Big Show was the ECW Heavyweight Champion and he had spent months as the biggest star on a struggling third brand for Vince McMahon’s World Wrestling Entertainment. The show was never anything amazing but you could tell that Big Show was trying his very best to get the most heat and be the big bad heel that was required. He has been suffering from back problems as of late due to gaining some weight, and the plan was for him to drop the belt and take time off for a return around WrestleMania 23. That plan is out the window now. It’s all up in the air as to what is going to happen now with ECW as a whole. As of 48 hours ago, Big Show was employed by WWE and was one of three World Heavyweight Champions in the company. It’s December 6, 2006 as I type this report, and Paul Wight and I both have something in common - neither of us is employed by the WWE.

It all started with the finish of the Extreme Elimination Chamber for the ECW Heavyweight Championship. Bobby Lashley is the next big star for Vince McMahon and everyone knows it. McMahon wanted it to be clear so he told the head of creative for ECW, Paul Heyman, that Lashley was to beat every person in the match. Heyman disagreed and wanted to create a second star, he wanted to make CM Punk a star that night. Heyman wanted to have Punk beat the Big Show within 5 minutes and then have Punk and Lashley share eliminations until it was down to them. Then they would wrestle for 20 minutes and Lashley would be crowned champion. In Heyman’s mind, it was thought that making two stars was better than making one and crushing the other. Vince McMahon disagreed and he made it clear.

Heyman continued to argue and as of an hour before the show started the main event finish was still being debated. McMahon and Heyman yelled back and forth, and Big Show got involved stating he agreed with Heyman. CM Punk agreed with Heyman, Rob Van Dam stated he agreed with Heyman as well. It simply didn’t matter to Vince McMahon - he was right and the rest were wrong. As the situation got worse, Heyman got more foul-mouthed and so did Vince McMahon. By the end of the night, Lashley was crowned champion and he did so the way Vince McMahon wanted. That same night, Heyman was fired… and CM Punk, Joey Styles, Elijah Burke, Rob Van Dam, and Sabu all walked out in protest. They were all given 24 hours to return to work otherwise they’d be fired - none of them returned.

Paul Wight has been released but the word from WWE is that he didn’t walk out. They could be trying to save face as Paul Wight had been the face of the brand for nearly the whole year. He was as important as anyone to WWE ECW in 2006. To have him just leave isn’t a good look. Yet, here we are with seven men all tied to the extreme brand all gone. There isn’t much chance of the likes of CM Punk or Sabu being let back into the fold from what I’m told. RVD and Wight are expected to just need some time to cool off before they’ll be back. TNA can’t afford them at the moment with the ongoing hunt for Kurt Angle going on. If they snagged either of them it would make Angle’s asking price unreachable for the Orlando-based promotion.

More is likely to come from this situation in the following days. If this were the late 90’s they’d never have let them all go like this because WCW could’ve snapped them right up. With the lack of any major sharks in the water, McMahon feels comfortable cutting people at will and knows that he can just sign them back up a few months later for a discounted price because nobody in North America can compete with him.

Author's Note: First post for my new thread. I've got a few of these banked up at the moment, a traditional opening post, a timeline for some of the smaller things as well and the opening show is all completed. Going to be a created fed in the 2007/08 period to begin; the next round of updates will be about financial investors.

Last edited:

EZ3

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces
Bret Hart Announces New Professional Wrestling Company ~ Name Unknown!

- January 1, 2007 - If you had “Bret Hart starts new wrestling company” on your bingo card for the new year then you’ve hit a winner already. Earlier this morning, at a press conference held in Toronto, Ontario, the WWE Hall of Famer, Bret Hart, announced his plans to establish a brand-new professional wrestling company. While details on the organisation are scarce as of this update, Hart did outline that he had been in discussions with several major investors but had yet to sign anything official. He was seeking to establish a major investor in the coming months and felt confident in the discussions that had taken place already. Hart said that his return to the wrestling world had little to do with his famous exit from WWE in 2006, and he’d rather not give Vince McMahon any further credit than he already gets.

The organisation's name is set to be decided at a later date and plans are in place for the company to launch later this year. Hart explained that he wanted to make sure that the word wrestling was in the name as that’s what this company is focused on - producing the very best wrestling that they can. The goal is for the company to be presented closer to that of a professional sport than a typical soap opera with sports elements. Hart had filed for certain trademarks regarding the organisation late last year but as many companies fail to get off the ground nothing was thought of it at the time.

When pressed about who he may seek to employ, Hart revealed that he had two men already alongside him who had signed letters of intent. While these contracts were non-binding, Hart explained that he had first right of refusal to any offer that was presented to them by another company. The first man to be revealed was Chris Jericho - the former WWE Superstar has been a highly sought-after free agent since his contract expired with the WWE at the end of 2005. Jericho expressed his excitement about the venture and said that he had always sought the next challenge in his career and should the company find a financial backer he would see this as the next big mountain to claim.

The final reveal was to be the biggest of them all - Paul Heyman. The man who had been terminated by World Wrestling Entertainment at the beginning of December for his actions at December to Dismember had made the jump to side with Bret Hart. Heyman enjoyed his time in the sun with the live microphone, citing his displeasure with Vince McMahon as the reason he sided with Bret Hart. He made sure to mention his long list of contacts within the business and said that his role as the official talent scout for the company would see them develop the best roster that the industry had seen in nearly a decade.

Stojy

Reaction score
Firstly, it's just great to see you booking again. Everything I've ever read from you has been quality stuff, so I'm looking forward to this. I love Bret as a wrestler but he is mightily stubborn so the fall out with Vince works well here. Again, like the use of the abysmal December to Dismember to free up some talent to stack your roster with. Can we just take a second to appreciate how awesome Big Show was in his WWE ECW run also?

Jericho and Heyman being the first two employees announced works well also, with Jericho on one of his hiatuses and proving with Japan and AEW that he isn't afraid to other stuff. And Heyman being vindictive and wanting to get back at Vince will make him get along with Bret fine. Minor details at this point in terms of roster and what not obviously, but I'm enjoying the company coming together and am looking forward to more.

Best of luck with this mate.

EZ3

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces
Major Investor Joins Bret Hart and Company Officially Named ~ DREAM!

- March 30, 2007 - A new beginning has arrived in the world of professional wrestling with Bret Hart’s newfound company, Dream Wrestling Association LLC (also known as DWA or DREAM), revealing its first major investor and key financial backer. In a press conference delivered earlier this morning, Bret Hart along with Nobuyuki Sakakibara, the former executive of PRIDE Fighting Championships based in Japan, announced that Dream Stage Entertainment had purchased 49% of the company and would act as the leading investor for the professional wrestling group moving forward. Nobuyuki Sakakibara is a key figure within the world of Mixed Martial Arts and helped secure the sale of Pride Fighting Championships earlier this week to Zuffa LLC for a reported $65 million USD.

During the press conference, both parties expressed excitement about the new venture with Bret Hart calling the addition of Dream Stage Entertainment a major point of difference for DWA compared to other organizations operating within North America. Hart said, “If you look at what the other guys in the business are doing it’s very small-scale stuff. I’m not looking to just come in and run a show or two and then go home. I’ve got my own money and I don’t need to do this for my own ego. I’m doing this because there’s a real chance to create something different for the wrestlers that can’t get a chance with Vince and the WWE.” When asked about what the investment of Dream Stage Entertainment meant for the scale of DWA, he said, “It puts us on a different level. These guys have $65 million dollars sitting in their account as of yesterday and they just sold their biggest property [PRIDE Fighting Championships]. This is their focus as much as it is my own focus. We’ve got the funds to play with and I know they are committed to spending money so that we can make money.”

Not since the days of Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling has a company had the financial backing that Bret Hart has secured. The press conference concluded with the announcement that a brand new website would be launched on April 15, 2007, with the hope of talent announcements to begin shortly thereafter. The investment of Dream Stage Entertainment firmly moves DREAM from a startup independent promotion to a major player within the space. Talks within WWE, TNA, and ROH have seen people express concerns about the impending talk raid that is no doubt on its way.

EZ3

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces
DWA Secures Lease Agreement in New York! Bret Hart Finds Base in Old Stomping Ground!

- August 20, 2007 - In shocking news around the wrestling world, Bret Hart has announced today that he has secured a twelve-month lease agreement with one of the sport’s most famous locations. The Manhattan Center located in New York, New York has been confirmed as the official home of the Bret Hart led wrestling organization known as the Dream Wrestling Association (DREAM for short). The company was founded earlier this year when Bret Hart formally announced his intentions to act as the owner of a company and offer what he called “a much-needed alternative” to the current landscape of professional wrestling. Many wrestling companies operate within North America and often travel around to venues across the country. Hart confirmed early on that his organization would seek a stable home for the first twelve months before he would entertain the idea of a touring promotion outside of large-scale events if the endeavour was successful enough.

Historically the Manhattan Center has had a significant role within the professional wrestling community. It was the site for the very first Monday Night RAW show produced by Vince McMahon’s World Wrestling Federation (now World Wrestling Entertainment) back in 1993. Fourteen years later the Manhattan Center will once again be the home of a professional wrestling company. The lease agreement is set for a period of twelve months with an option in the favour of the Manhattan Center if they wish to renew the lease. An official statement was released earlier today by the Manhattan Center, “We are delighted to be the home for DREAM and look forward to fans from across the globe traveling to New York to experience the high action and exciting thrills that this form of entertainment has to offer. Wrestling has had a place at the Manhattan Center since 1993 and we have seen incredible moments throughout the years, and with the agreement reached with Bret Hart, we hope to see many more over the next twelve months and beyond.”

Reports from across the wrestling landscape are filled with surprise after Bret Hart decided to seek a location within what is famously a WWE stronghold. The Mecca of professional wrestling is New York City which has been the home of WWE and Vince McMahon since his father was running the territory. There is talk internally from WWE that this may end up triggering further tensions between Bret Hart and Vince McMahon. When asked for comment about the potential block attempt Bret Hart would say, “I don’t know if Vince McMahon did make a phone call to the Manhattan Center. I can’t say for sure, I’m not going to pretend to know what the man did. If you were to ask me, would Vince McMahon call them and try to screw me? Well, that’s a different answer. Yes, he would do that. Did he? I don’t know. Didn’t work even if he did!” Rumours abound that WWE had attempted to block the lease from happening but was unsuccessful due to the company failing to visit the Manhattan Center in nearly a decade since their global expansion in the mid-to-late 90’s. All eyes now turn to the television deal that has been a hot topic for the last few months. Discussions are underway with several companies including ESPN, FOX, FX, MTV and even Disney as potential broadcast partners for DREAM.

Author's Note: I've got one more news article left to deliver which will confirm the television network agreement. After that, I've got a timeline written up specifically for the talent portion of the backstory which will come with everything you've seen here, and all the signings along the way. Then we move into weekly shows as the company will be established by that point.

EZ3

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces
DREAM Reaches TV Deal with TSN and ESPN!

- September 15, 2007 - Dream Wrestling Association announced this morning at a press conference in Toronto, Ontario, that they have come to an agreement with The Sports Network (commonly referred to as TSN) and their sister organisation ESPN. The acquisition of professional wrestling content aligns with the recent focus from TSN to add to their catalogue of products through licensing agreements over creating standalone content. Discussions had been ongoing for several months and closed earlier this week following what was described as tough negotiations from the network side. The agreement is rumoured to see TSN not only become the broadcaster but also a financial backer of the company with an undisclosed investment of funds. This would be the company's second known investor after the August announcement where Dream Stage Entertainment from Japan announced their backing of the company.

Dream Wrestling Association, also known as DREAM and DWA, is a new professional wrestling company led by former WWE Champion and Hall of Fame inductee, Bret Hart, have been in the market for a television deal since the company's inception back in January. The realm of professional wrestling, also known as sport’s entertainment under the well-known banner of World Wrestling Entertainment, has been without a main rival to the Vince McMahon-led organisation since the closure of Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling back in 2001. In a recent interview, Bret Hart explained that he has no interest in rattling the cage of WWE but rather hopes that fans within that cage take the opportunity to view a new and exciting product with some familiar names and some names they are yet to discover.

The terms of the broadcast deal are as followed, DREAM will air a two-hour weekly television show live from the Manhattan Center in New York, New York every Wednesday starting on October 3, 2007. The current time slot for the show is 8PM-10PM EST, but will be subject to change as the NHL season progresses for TSN. The show will also air on ESPN360.com as part of their ongoing shift towards live event experiences. Viewers will be able to watch the show on-demand following the original broadcast on TSN. With a television deal now in place as well as an ongoing lease agent for the Manhattan Center to host their weekly shows, DREAM is set to become one of the biggest players in the professional wrestling space.

EZ3

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces
~ The full timeline of events - including talent acquisitions.

--------

July 2005
The WWE begins production on a Bret “Hitman” Hart DVD similar to the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior designed to paint Bret Hart in a poor light. Several within the company expose the plot and Bret Hart threatens legal action - WWE comes to terms with Bret to produce a best of DVD and a Hall of Fame induction the following year.

December 2005
The WWE and Chris Jericho cannot come to terms on a contract extension and for the first time since 1999, Jericho is a free agent but decides to sit for the entire year of 2006.

April 2006
Bret Hart is inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame and enters negotiations for a role as a brand ambassador but it quickly falls through when Vince McMahon refuses to publicly apologise for his treatment of the Hart family as per Bret’s request.

June 2006
Following a string of injuries and citing burnout, Kurt Angle is removed from all WWE house show loops and live television appearances. He goes home to be with his family for the rest of the year and does not sign a new contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

Kurt Angle is pursued by TNA throughout the course of the year however he fails to sign with them. Angle instead gets a much needed surgery on his left knee which had been injured during a match on WWE pay-per-view sometime during the beginning of the year. Those close to Angle believe he is waiting for a big money offer from the WWE towards April 2007 for a possible return at WrestleMania 23.

November 2006
Bret Hart removes all references to WWE from his official website.

December 2006
Paul “Big Show” Wight
exits WWE following complications at the December to Dismember pay-per-view event. At the same event, Paul Heyman is fired from his role within the company and in protest of the firing a group of talent walk out including; CM Punk, Joey Styles, Elijah Burke, Rob Van Dam and Sabu.

January 01, 2007
On the first day of the new year, Bret Hart announces during a press conference that he is creating a new professional wrestling organisation where he will act as the owner and majority shareholder. Hart would outline his vision for the company, highlighting the need for competitive in-ring competition without the need of the smut and filth that Vince McMahon had come to depend on.

At the introductory press conference, Hart would announce the first two individuals that had signed letters of intent for his new company. The first was the free agent, Chris Jericho, who had not been seen in a wrestling ring since 2005 when he lost to John Cena. Jericho would cite the respect he had for not only Bret Hart but also the entire Hart family as the reason he had signed a letter of intent. It was well noted that these letters only gave Bret’s organisation the first right of negotiation with these competitors, and did not lock them into anything since at this time he was still without a major financial backer.

The final name to appear at the press conference, and looking back in it perhaps the most important in terms of a scout, was Paul Heyman. Having been fired the month earlier from WWE, Heyman joined Bret Hart with nothing more on offer than a handshake and the potential to change the wrestling business forever. Heyman was never one to shy away from taking a risk and in joining the company he vowed to use his considerable catalogue of “Paul Heyman guys” to create a roster that was above anything that had ever been put together. Heyman confirmed that everyone involved in the incident from December with WWE had been terminated on the spot and therefore had no clauses of non-compete and were available for negotiations.

This announcement sent shockwaves through the wrestling world. An upstart company with Bret Hart at the head, Paul Heyman acting as a talent scout and Chris Jericho as the face of the promotion for the fans. What started as a slight by Vince McMahon back in April 2006 had become what many fans called the third wrestling war.

March 30, 2007
In a press conference conducted with Bret Hart and Nobuyuki Sakakibara it is announced that Dream Stage Entertainment have purchased 49% of the company and will act as the main investor for the company moving forward. They officially reveal the organisation will be called the Dream Wrestling Association, also known as DWA and DREAM. Just days earlier, Dream Stage Entertainment sold their largest asset Pride Fighting Championships to Zuffa LLC for a reported $65 million USD. The influx in cash, along with the sale of Pride, makes DREAM the largest asset now under the umbrella of Dream Stage Entertainment.

… Paul Heyman comes out the following day with a press release stating that DREAM is now going to be pursuing talents from all over the world. Those interested may reach out to him personally for further details.

April 2007
DREAM begins the raid of several North American organisations as well as the independent wrestling scene with Paul Heyman leading from the front. It is announced midway through the month that the following names had signed contracts with the company; CM Punk, Elijah Burke, Paul Wight and Rob Van Dam. The group famously known on the internet wrestling community for walking out of the WWE pay-per-view in December 2006 are the first group signed - outside of Chris Jericho who signs the first official contract offered by DREAM the day after Dream Stage Entertainment joined as the financial backer for the company.

Around this time WWE attempts to sign Kurt Angle for a series of matches with John Cena having now been left without Big Show and Rob Van Dam. To their dismay, Kurt Angle does sign a contract with a major promotion but he does so with the upstart DREAM. Citing the proposed schedule that Bret Hart plans to run for the company once he secures a television deal, Angle believed that this would be far better for his body than what WWE was offering. Rumours fly that Vince McMahon was furious with losing out to Bret Hart’s company, and proceeds to lock up John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista and Jeff Hardy - along with a few others - to multi year contracts.

The signings continue for the Dream Wrestling Association during late April when it is announced by Ring of Honour that Bryan Danielson would be leaving the promotion. Danielson would conduct an interview online with Dave Meltzer and cite the chance to wrestle on a bigger stage as the reason for his signing an exclusive deal with DREAM. The man known as the American Dragon would be joined by the following names as well; Kevin Steen, El Generico and Matt Sydal all sign the doted line.

May 2007
Rumours would run rampant across every company with many promoters fearing the dreaded “Heyman call” toward their top talent. Where Bret Hart had honour and respected time honoured traditions in wrestling, Paul Heyman simply didn’t give a damn. His raid on Ring of Honour made him no friends and next in his sights was Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Heyman would find his way into the ear of AJ Styles come March 2007 but for the first time, well at least the first time made public, DREAM (and by extension Heyman) had failed to get their man. AJ Styles would publicly turn down the company and vow to be loyal to TNA.

When one door closes another opens is the old tale, and perhaps it is true. With the dismissal of AJ Styles in the rearview, Heyman would pinch someone he viewed as just as valuable. Perhaps it was a genius move as TNA had upgraded AJ Styles’ contract to keep him as a sign of loyalty but in doing so they priced themselves out of doing the same for someone else - Samoa Joe. It would be after the AJ Styles incident that Samoa Joe would announce that he had signed with DREAM and be the first big TNA star to jump ship.

… one down and a few more to come. Samoa Joe would be the first domino of TNA to fall and following his agreement to sign with the company, DREAM would secure the following names to the roster; the Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelly & Chris Sabin), Triple X (Christopher Daniels and Low-Ki), Christian Cage, Rhyno, Robert Roode and Ron Killings. All of them signing exclusive contracts as their TNA deals had been per appearance and therefore they were allowed to discuss deals elsewhere.

June 2007
In a less publicised signing for the company, Lance Storm signs with DREAM to act as both a performer and also as an agent/trainer for the rest of the roster. It is reported that he is set to be aligned with Robert Roode as a new form of Team Canada once the organisation begins to run shows.

In other backstage news, Terry Taylor is signed as an agent along with Dean Malenko who comes over from WWE. A few more men are hired for backstage roles but the reports about who is signed and who is just a rumour isn’t able to be confirmed at this stage outside of Taylor and Malenko.

July 2007
The backstage drama would continue in WWE when Bobby Lashley competed against John Cena for the WWE in what many fans thought could be a main event of WrestleMania. Lashley would suffer a bicep injury, though classed as minor he would refuse to continue wrestling on the road as WWE requested. This would lead to a fiery meeting between Lashley and Vince McMahon where McMahon demanded Lashley get himself down to, and I quote, “the fucking ring” or else he should take his stuff and get out of the building.

Bobby Lashley would take the latter option and would be released latter that week. His bicep injury would recover after four weeks on the sideline, and Lashley would sign with DWA at the end of July once his injury had healed. The signing of Bobby Lashley would cover for the loss that DREAM felt when they were unable to secure the services of Sting from TNA. The Icon would decide to stay loyal to Jeff Jarrett and resign with the Orlando based promotion.

Further signings would take place for roles outside of the ring including Joey Styles as the lead announcer for the company, David Penzer as the ring announcer and Jim Cornette as the on-screen commissioner of the company. Cornette was quoted as saying that his return to wrestling was because he had been promised an easy schedule much like Kurt Angle. When no colour commentator had been signed during these rounds it was rumoured, and pretty much confirmed by Bret Hart in an interview with ESPN, that Paul Heyman would be the colour commentator for the organisation once they secure a television deal.

Towards the end of July, a round of cuts would occur for the WWE developmental system and main roster due to the upgrades in contracts for the group back in April. Cost cutting was common in WWE and they wouldn’t be changing now, even if it was a real possibility that these men would be snapped up by Paul Heyman. Ten names were released in July 2007, six of them were signed by DREAM - Cody Rhodes, Jake Hager, Matt Hardy, Kofi Kingston, Monty Brown and Nick Dinsmore.

August 2007
Following the pay-per-view SummerSlam, Booker T was removed from WWE television and his contract was allowed to expire. Booker T had expressed a desire to move back to Houston, Texas to run his wrestling school along with his bother, Stevie Ray. Once his contract had expired it was soon confirmed that Booker T had instead signed a short term deal with DREAM. This was the second deal, along with Lance Storm’s, that was not at least a twelve month in-ring contract or longer.

August 14, 2007
What had been planned as the final three signings occurred midway through August with Charlie Haas, Gregory Helms and Sabu joining the company. The latter being a favour by Paul Heyman due to Sabu being the only member of the protestors from December 2006 to not be signed to a deal. It is not believed that Sabu will not be a long term member of the roster but will instead be used in a quick program and phased out as to appease Heyman and the obligation that was owed to Sabu.

DREAM later announces that Dusty Rhodes, father of the Cody Rhodes signed back in July, has joined the company to act as a producer and talent agent. He is not given the book even though he is, as Dusty described, a super genius.

August 20, 2007
In a move that stuns the wrestling world, Bret Hart is able to secure a twelve month lease agreement with the famous Manhattan Center in the heartland of New York City. Rumours circulate following the announcement that Vince McMahon put in a failed bid to block the contract from being signed but was unsuccessful at convincing the owners of the Manhattan Center. Hart confirms that the agreement will last twelve months and has an option in the favour of the Manhattan Center to renew or match any competing offer at the end of the twelve month period.

This news is quickly outshined within the landscape of the internet wrestling community when it is confirmed by World Wrestling Entertainment that Randy Orton has failed his third wellness test within the company, and as per their three strike policy is released immediately from his contract. No time is wasted by the various companies throughout the world in trying to secure the services of the Legend Killer.

… After multiple phone calls, sit down meetings and a large sum of funds being added by Dream Stage Entertainment it is announced at the end of August that Randy Orton has signed with the Dream Wrestling Association. Orton unlike every other competitor in the company is signed directly with DSE and is not subject to any performance wellness policy within the umbrella of the wrestling company. This creates some resentment within the company and a meeting is led by Chris Jericho to explain to the younger talent that the benefit of Randy Orton far outweighs any negative connotation they may feel.

September 1, 2007
A few backstage notes are made for the Dream Wrestling Association; Torrie Wilson is signed as a backstage interviewer, Arn Anderson joins the company to be the lead agent backstage and oversee the team of agents that had been assembled to that point. That same week, Tony Schiavone joins the company as a backstage interviewer as well.

Bret Hart conducts a talent meeting in New York and does a getting to know you session with the whole crew. It is said that moral was high at the meeting and it was hinted at by Hart that a television deal had been secured. Hart explained his vision for the first show to the group and said that he wanted to kick off things with a bang, and that a World Champion would be crowned on the very first show. When it was asked who would be getting the opportunity to be the first ever champion, Hart responded that he hadn’t locked in a name yet but he had some thoughts about it.

Speaking of championships… later that same week it would be announced online that the Dream Wrestling Association would be home to three different titles. All three titles were revealed with pictures and videos posted on the official company website. The three titles were as followed; DWA World Tag Team Championships, DWA Pride Openweight Championship, and the DWA World Heavyweight Championship. It was a standard set of names for two out of the three titles; the outlier being the DWA Pride Openweight Championship. The title named in honour of the previous holding of the financial backer of the company, Dream Stage Entertainment.

September 15, 2007
The long awaited announcement of a television broadcast deal is revealed to the world when the Dream Wrestling Association enters into an ongoing agreement with The Sports Network (commonly referred to as TSN) and their sister organisation ESPN. Hart would confirm that the deal provided his company with a two hour time slot every Wednesday night at 8PM-10PM EST. This would be the final piece of the puzzle in the story of DREAM’s birth and creation - it was time for the very first show, the beginning of a new company and a chance for the wrestling world to have a new shot of energy not seen since 2001.

The final piece of the puzzle was the name - what was the name of the show? Bret Hart would send a final press release out on September 20, 2007. It had a logo and the name of the show along with the broadcast times that were already known. The name was simple - every Wednesday fans could tune in and watch the new home of wrestling - it was what this had also been for Bret Hart. This was his… Vendetta.

EZ3

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces
“The best chance you have if you wanna rise to the top is to give yourself loneliness, fear nothing and work hard.”
- Bret “Hitman” Hart (Hitman, 2007)

----------

Author’s Note

I’ve finally reached the posting of the roster page and the typical opening post-style thing now. At this point, you’ll find a lot of backstory for how this fantasy fed has come to be. I wanted to have some roots in realism as to how this could happen but other than that it’s pretty much free rein for me now. I haven’t done a fantasy fed in ages and I wanted to do some creative writing again just on the side after being away for a few years. This is a single show per week in story time so I’m thinking it should be easy to manage.

A lot of the focus is on the storylines themselves with most matches being a short recap but I will be doing promos and that sort of thing in full, as I enjoy that element the most. I hope you enjoy the ride and fingers crossed I reach the full twelve months for the Manhattan Center lease to expire! Credit to 619IDH for the opening post format - as always.

----------

-DREAM-
DREAM WRESTLING ASSOCIATION
Escape. The. Shadows.

~The Administration~

Executive Producer/Majority Shareholder
Bret Hart
On-Screen Commissioner - Jim Cornette
Play-by-Play – Joey Styles
Co-Vice Executive Producer/Colour Commentator – Paul Heyman
Ring Announcer – David Penzer
Backstage Interviewer(s) – Torrie Wilson & Tony Schiavone

~Roster~
Alex Shelly
Bobby Lashley
Booker T
Bryan Danielson
CM Punk
Charlie Haas
Chris Jericho
Chris Sabin
Christian Cage
Christopher Daniels
Cody Rhodes
El Generico
Elijah Burke
Gregory Helms
Jake Hager
Kevin Nash
Kevin Steen
Kofi Kingston
Kurt Angle
Lance Storm
Low-Ki
Matt Hardy
Matt Sydal
Monty Brown
Mr. Anderson
Nick Dinsmore
Paul Wight
Randy Orton
Rhyno
Rob Van Dam
Robert Roode
Ron Killings
Sabu
Samoa Joe

~The Tandems and Alliances~
All American Athletes - Jake Hager & Charlie Haas
Dream Chasers - Cody Rhodes & Kofi Kingston
Motor City Machine Guns - Chris Sabin & Alex Shelly
Team Canada - Robert Roode & Lance Storm
Triple X - Christopher Daniels and Low-Ki
Kevin Steen and El Generico

~Reigning DWA Champions~
DWA World Heavyweight Champion – N/A
DWA Pride Openweight Champion – N/A
DWA World Tag Team Champions – N/A

~ The Hall of Champions Archive ~

DWA World Heavyweight Championship

Name:
N/A
Reign: N/A
Event: N/A
Match Type: N/A
Other Competitor(s): N/A

----------

DWA Pride Openweight Championship

Name:
N/A

----------

DWA World Tag Team Championships

Name:
N/A

~Television Schedule~
Wednesday Night Vendetta | 8-10 PM EST on TSN

Official Theme: “Ladies and Gentlemen” by Saliva

~PPV & Supercards Schedule~
Pilot Episode | October 3, 2007 | York City, New York – Manhattan Center
Uprising | November 24, 2007 | New York City, New York – Manhattan Center
New Year's Revenge | January 6, 2008 | New York City, New York –Manhattan Center

Last edited:

White Rhyno

Reaction score
These are my favorite type BTBs

The amount of detail and originality required to make them really good is a very delicate balancing act. I think you've done a great job navigating that.

Really looking forward to seeing you grow and create unique feuds and angles with a really varied roster.

EZ3

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces
These are my favorite type BTBs

The amount of detail and originality required to make them really good is a very delicate balancing act. I think you've done a great job navigating that.

Really looking forward to seeing you grow and create unique feuds and angles with a really varied roster.
I've definitely tried to create a good foundation for the company from the opening news post. I originally sat down to just see if I could come up with anything, as I hadn't booked in years, and ended up writing basically everything that became the first few posts of the thread. I appreciate the comments and the likes/reactions that so many have given during the building of the company thus far. I hope that the build hasn't been boring as a lot of it was more funding/television contract stuff which isn't exactly as sexy as roster updates.

My goal for the roster was definitely to have a bit of variety and not just grab the top WWE guys. The big exception I made was for Randy Orton who I thought would fit perfectly in a start-up company around this time. Right before they let him truly be a top guy as he was floating around the upper mid-card before getting the strap towards the back half of '07 in real life. My plans have a good mix of former WWE/TNA guys interacting and I'm hoping to use the ROH guys with some of the bigger names to help establish themselves at this time since many wouldn't have had TV experience previously.

We have reached the point of weekly shows now for the company. Currently, I've got two completed shows banked on my laptop with the third about halfway done. I hope to have that all wrapped up by mid-week.

Looking at posting the preview for the pilot episode on Sunday (two days time for me) and then having the pilot a few days after that, most likely aligning with the completion of the third show for my backlog.

EZ3

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces

The Manhattan Center – Manhattan, New York City, New York
“A Crowning Moment”

Dream Wrestling Association is live! DWA, also referred to as DREAM, looks to hit the ground running on October 3, 2007, with their highly anticipated debut on TSN and ESPN360! Not since the early months of 2001 have wrestling fans had the chance to experience a highly competitive alternative and DREAM aims to provide the very best in sports and entertainment for fans across the globe. Airing live from the world-famous Manhattan Center in New York City, Wednesday Night’s are the new home of professional wrestling with the debut of Vendetta!

This is sure to be a night to remember with a star-studded roster of competitors signed to contracts with Bret Hart at the helm leading the way forward. Confirmed earlier this week by the Owner of DREAM, Bret “the Hitman” Hart, the very first episode of Vendetta will see the company crown their first ever World Champion - an honour that each member of the packed roster would be clamouring to achieve. It has not been announced how the first World Champion would be decided - with names expected for the first show including Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle, and Bobby Lashley to name just a few - DREAM is not short of a suitable option. Fans will have to tune in to see how the fresh face of professional wrestling crowns their first-ever champion!

Also, CM Punk goes one-on-one with Matt Sydal in a singles match with a standard twenty-minute time limit - a function of all non-title matches in Dream Wrestling Association. This will be the first time in nearly a year that CM Punk enters the squared circle after his infamous exit from his last job. Matt Sydal will be making his national television debut against CM Punk and looks to seize the moment with the eyes of the world watching closely.

The tag team division will also be on display when mainstays of the independent scene, Christopher Daniels and Low-Ki, collectively known as Triple X, go up against the youngsters Cody Rhodes and his partner Kofi Kingston. Fresh out of developmental, Rhodes and Kingston bring a fast-paced in-ring style and they are sure to be fan favourites in no time with their “can do” attitude and bright outlook on life!

Wednesday Night Vendetta is the hottest place to be for your professional wrestling needs! The first show is only hours away and you don’t want to miss out on any action. Join us at 8PM EST, live on TSN, with your commentary team of Joey Styles as the lead announcer and his partner Paul Heyman as they guide you through all things DREAM and beyond!

Confirmed Matches:

CM Punk vs. Matt Sydal
Dream Chasers (Cody Rhodes & Kofi Kingston) vs. Triple X (Christopher Daniels and Low-Ki)

Last edited:

EZ3

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces
The Manhattan Center – Manhattan, New York City, New York
“A Crowning Moment”

It’s a cold open for the very first show of the new era in professional wrestling. The sound of a soft clap echoing across the broadcast while the camera fades from a black screen into a shot of the ring. The crowd can be heard, but they are out of focus from the camera, and the sole image is that of the squared circle. A freshly laid canvas, black ring ropes, steel steps at two corners, and a large banner hanging on all four sides. Two of the banners show the logo of the major investor - Dream Stage Entertainment. The other two, one of them on the side that faces the hard camera, displays the Dream Wrestling Association logo.

The sounds of the crowd grow louder - stomps, claps, shouts, and celebrations! The screen cuts to black… we reappear inside the ring and slowly the cameraman pans around the Manhattan Center in a 360 rotation. We are sold out for the first time ever, fans packed into the iconic location and they couldn’t be any more excited if they tried.

The camera takes the time to highlight all aspects of the newly minted set and ringside area. The announce desk hosting both Joey Styles and Paul Heyman is located at ringside, the timekeeper and ring announcer sat just across from them in a makeshift spot with two basic folding chairs and a small table. The entrance area has two DWA banners hanging from either side of the walkway in the Manhattan Center, two larger silver pillars erected with a black curtain to signify the backstage area and that of the arena, and blue mats surrounding the floor of the ring itself for the protection of the competitors. The crowd is a mix of classic wrestling fans wearing t-shirts from eras and superstars past and present.

After surveying ringside for the first time, the camera cuts to the ring where David Penzer is awaiting his signal from the back.

David Penzer:
Ladies and gentlemen, would you all please welcome to the ring at this time… the founder of the Dream Wrestling Association - BRET… THE HITMAN… HART!!!

A standing ovation erupts from the fans at the Manhattan Center for the creator of this enterprise - the man behind the madness. Bret Hart emerges from behind the curtain, he takes just a few steps before he has to stop and gather himself. He’s overcome with emotion as the crowd cheers for what he has created. This is a dream come true, to feel this much love, for a man who thought he had been forgotten by the sport he gave so much to. Hart eventually enters the ring, holding a microphone in his hand, and makes his first public address as the owner of DREAM.

Bret Hart:
I’m not going to lie… that felt pretty damn good to hear, folks! They said it couldn’t be done but look at us now. Over 18 months of planning, arguing with lawyers, pitching television networks, all the sleepless nights - and it was all worth it to see each and every single one of you fans here packed into the Manhattan Center.

A big cheer from the audience goes up.

Bret Hart:
Before I go on with anything else I want to start by making one thing perfectly clear. None of this would be possible with you. All of you. Each person sitting, or should I say standing, in this building right now and the people watching at home. You all are just as important to this dream as much as I am for being the one who had it. So, I want to say, thank you for helping my dream become a reality.

The crowd has slightly simmered down after a lot of cheering and energy to start. You can hear a “Thank You, Bret” chant begin to build.

Bret Hart:
No, you are the ones who deserve the thank you. Thank you for selling out this building tonight, and I know we’ve got some great in-ring action for you this evening. That’s what we all came to see, right? The wrestling - yes, I said it… WRESTLING! We all love professional wrestling and here in this company, we’ve got the best wrestlers on the planet!

Taking a moment to let the crowd get their response out, Hart begins to circle around the ring and address the various sides of the arena.

Bret Hart:
It took over a year of hard work but we’ve put together an amazing roster of talent. I’m sure some of you may know all the names we’ve signed, and I expect others may not know everyone. That’s okay, you’ll get to know them. You learn their names and their backgrounds and you’ll discover why they chose to sign with us. Why they decided to make the jump and prove themselves in this ring just as I did… many… many… many years ago.

It’s a light chuckle from Bret as he continues to pace.

Bret Hart:
Now, I know the next question for those who have been keeping up with the news would be; who is on the roster? Hmm, well we’ve got names like the Olympic Gold Medalist - Kurt Angle!

Big pop Olympian and a huge shout-out for being the first man named dropped on the debut episode of Vendetta.

Bret Hart:
Oh, you like him? How about a fellow Canadian in Chris Jericho?

It’s another large pop, especially as Jericho has not been on television for wrestling fans in over two years now since his loss back in 2005. Hart nods his head in approval before continuing.

Bret Hart:

I love both Kurt and Chris but they’ve got some miles on them, guys. We’ve got some young talent as well. People you should keep tabs on because their time is approaching. I’ve got a guy in that locker-room named - BRYAN DANIELSON.

While not a pop on the same level as the previous names, the American Dragon is a known name to the base of fans that have shown up to the first episode of Vendetta.

Bret Hart:

If you’re watching at home or live in the Manhattan Center, and you’ve never seen Bryan Danielson compete - you are going to be in for a treat tonight. Oh, can’t let that out of the bag just yet.

A potential slip of the tongue by the Owner? Hart chuckles and reaches a standstill in the ring.

Bret Hart:
In all honesty, I could stand out here all night and read off a list of names to you all. I’m very proud of the roster we’ve put together and I know that between Jim Cornette, the commissioner of DREAM, and myself we are going to maintain the most competitive roster this business has ever seen.

A round of applause from the crowd once more.

Bret Hart:
I do want to take a moment to thank our sponsors and our major investor - Dream Stage Entertainment. Without them this wouldn’t be possible and I know they see the same vision as I do - and I hope that’s a vision you fans share as well. I’d be remiss if I didn’t thank our television broadcast partners - TSN and ESPN. Thank you for letting us share the homes of millions around the globe.

With a standard cheer from the crowd, Hart nods in approval to them again.

Bret Hart:
And now, let's get this show on the road! You’ve been waiting long enough - I promised you all we’d crown our World Champion on this debut episode of Vendetta, right? Well, after a lot of talking, back and forth, Jim Cornette and I came up with an idea… we call it the Elite Eight!

“Wait just a second… a lot of back and forth?”… a voice is heard over the speakers which means they must have a microphone. Bret Hart stops in his tracks, scanning the arena for the voice… and from behind the curtain emerges Randy Orton, shaking his head in disapproval. Orton is dressed in a black t-shirt with a pair of jeans, the crowd for the first time has something to boo at and the heat is loud.

Randy Orton:
What is there to discuss, Bret? If you need a World Champion… then look no further. You’ve got the youngest World Heavyweight Champion of all time standing right here, and I will gladly take my place at the top of this company, right now!

More heat. Orton enters the ring, displaying a cocky smirk on his face Orton appears to be going to shake Bret’s hand but instead, he marches straight passed him and climbs the turnbuckle to pose! Oh, the crowd hates that and the boos rain down upon the Manhattan Center.

Bret Hart:
Did you really come out here to pose for these people, Randy?

Orton steps down from the turnbuckle, twirling the mic in his hand, he walks back towards the centre of the ring and stands across from Bret.

Randy Orton:
I came out here to get what is rightfully mine. The World Championship isn’t something that should be up for grabs tonight. You vowed to crown a World Champion, the first EVER - and right now you can fulfill that promise. You need to crown me right now - I deserve it, Bret!

Bret looks like he can’t believe what he is hearing.

Bret Hart:
Do you want me to just hand you the World Championship? Just go back into the office, grab the belt, walk back down to this ring, and hand it to you. That’s not going to happen, Randy. Not in my company - we don’t hand people World Championships.

With a big cheer from the crowd, Orton looks less than thrilled at being denied. He scrunches his face up before lifting the mic to his lips.

Randy Orton:

You know, I heard you thank these people. I heard you thank the sponsors, and the investors… and you even shouted out some of the wrestlers. Yet, I didn’t hear my name. Which is odd because without me this company wouldn’t have gotten off the ground!

That strikes a nerve with Bret, he steps forward and gets closer to Orton.

Bret Hart:
A lot of people worked too damn hard for you to take credit for this company, Randy. You were the last person who signed after you got fired! So, don’t come into this ring and tell me that you created any of this!

Orton takes a step back, shakes his head and moves forward, and raises his voice.

Randy Orton:
It’s no coincidence that when I signed with this company you secured a television deal immediately after. The rest of this roster is second-rate compared to me.

Bret Hart:

I’m sure that the boys in the back would disagree with that.

Randy Orton:

Oh, I dare them to try and disagree with me. Not only do I outmatch them in this ring but I am the ratings draw and you know it! Without me there wouldn’t be a television deal in place - I’m on the poster, I’m on the magazines, I’m everywhere for this company and that’s because I’m the biggest superstar you’ve got!

A fancy buzzword - superstar! Orton is getting heat, he takes a moment to relax, glaring across at his boss, and begins to speak again.

Randy Orton:
You can keep your thank you, I don’t want it. All I want is what I deserve, and that’s the World Championship. We can do this the easy way… or we can do things the hard way, Bret. Believe me, when I kick people in the head - they don’t just get a concussion.

Tensions have risen to a boiling point now, Orton drops his mic and it hits the canvas with a loud ‘thud’ that echoes over the speakers. Bret Hart begins to back up towards the edge of the ring as Orton stalks the owner of the company, members of the crowd scream for help as Orton inches closer…

From behind the curtain, Chris Jericho comes sprinting toward the ring and dives underneath the bottom rope. Orton sensing that someone was coming slithers to the outside and makes his way around the ring and back toward the entrance area. After checking on his long-time friend, Jericho grabs the microphone that Orton dropped, he marches to the edge of the ring closest to Orton and sticks a big fat finger at him.

Chris Jericho:
Listen here you self-entitled prick! That’s not going to fly. You might’ve gotten away with that before but not now, Randy. Learn to love it, kid. You’re not in Kansas anymore!

Jericho and Orton have a shouting match off mic for a moment - the crowd chanting ‘Y2J’ at the top of their lungs.

Chris Jericho:
You want to fight, Randy? I say how about you prove to everyone just how good you are? I haven’t competed in two years - this should be easy for you.

Jericho turns to face Bret Hart - the owner watching with keen eyes.

Chris Jericho:
Hey boss, I know you had another match planned to open the show but it seems like that leach on society needs to be taught some manners. So, how about I propose a little on-the-fly managerial adjustments?

Looking back over his shoulder, Jericho smirks at the sight of Orton shaking his head and cursing toward the ring.

Bret Hart:
What did you have in mind, Chris? I’m all ears seeing as this is my first day on the job.

Chris Jericho:

Well, how about we take a commercial break, thank you sponsors, and come back live to Vendetta with Chris Jericho versus Randy Orton - in the first match ever!

Bret Hart:
You know what, Chris? I actually LOVE the sound of that. I do have plans for both of you later in the main event but I’m sure both of you wouldn’t mind a bit of double duty on the first-ever show. What do you guys think? Would you like to see Chris Jericho going up against Randy Orton - right now?

Huge pop from the crowd, meanwhile Randy Orton is throwing a fit in the entranceway about all of this. He can’t believe he’s just stepped into a match that he didn’t even need to compete in. Orton storms to the back to get changed as he only has until the commercial break ends to get his gear on!

Bret Hart:
Well, get me a referee out here because when we come back from the commercial break this match will be underway, folks! As for my original announcement… in the main event of tonight’s show, we will have ourselves a good old fashion Battle Royal! The Elite Eight - comprised of eight competitors that Jim Cornette and I deemed worthy of potentially being the first-ever DWA World Heavyweight Champion. Once the battle royal is down to two men remaining - it becomes a standard singles match with one fall to the finish, and the winner of that will become our World Champion.

Jericho exits the ring and hurries to the back to get changed, Bret goes waits for the cheers to settle and picks back up.

Bret Hart:

The competitors in the main event tonight are as followed; Kurt Angle… Booker T… Paul Wight… Rob Van Dam… Bobby Lashley… Bryan Danielson… Chris Jericho… and yes, Randy Orton!

It’s double duty for both Jericho and Orton - how will this impact their shot at the gold later in the main event?

Bret Hart:

One of these eight men will be our first-ever World Champion but before we get there it’s time for the commercial break - and when we come back we will see Chris Jericho and Randy Orton go one on one! What a first night on the job!

The anticipation in the building is at an all-time high after a jammed packed opening segment. Left in the ring by himself, Bret Hart takes a few moments to watch the crowd as the camera begins to fade into the first commercial break in the show’s history. The main event has been set, eight men will compete for the honour of calling themselves the first-ever World Champion. Who will it be? The crowd is beyond excited, and fans discussing the possibilities for later in the evening. We officially fade to black for the first time tonight, a commercial greeting us on the other side.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return to Vendetta, the camera aimed at the announce desk with the team of Joey Styles and Paul Heyman situated, a collection of notes on the side of Styles’ with nothing of the sort near his partner.

Joey Styles:

Hello ladies and gentlemen, it is my honour to welcome you all to the debut edition of DWA Vendetta live on TSN and airing on demand across the globe on ESPN360 dot com. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be part of your week and allowing us into your homes this Wednesday. It is a historic night with history already being made in the first thirty minutes of the show. We’ve got a main event set for the World Championship and an impromptu match to kick off the show - with two men who will have to do double duty for the main event! My name is Joey Styles, and I am, well, some would say fortunate, others might say other things, but nonetheless, I am here tonight with my broadcast partner…

Paul Heyman:
Let me cut in on this one, Joey. The people know me already, they know my voice, they know my face, they know that my name is Paul Heyman… and tonight you are part of history so let me be the voice that guides you through it all.

Joey Styles:
Thanks for joining in, Paul. What a start to the show as I said, ladies and gents. Bret Hart comes out to the ring to setup the main event to crown our first-ever champion but Randy Orton comes out before he can finish, and causes absolute mayhem. If Orton had just kept his mouth shut he wouldn’t be required to wrestle twice tonight.

Paul Heyman:
You cannot seriously be blaming Randy Orton for what just happened, Joey? It’s clearly Chris Jericho who is at fault - I never liked him. That’s why I kept him out of ECW as long as I did. If he had just minded his own business then neither of them would be in this position. Jericho has cut off his nose to spite his face! He’s an idiot for picking this fight.

Joey Styles:

I have to disagree, Paul. If sticking up for what is right is stupid then I don’t want to be smart. Jericho saw that Orton was thinking about doing some heinous to our owner, and he came out to defend Bret Hart. I respect that! I think that Jericho did the right thing, and I hope after he wrestles Randy, that he can go back to the locker-room and come out even stronger in the main event.

Heyman scoffs loudly, rolling his eyes at the camera.

Paul Heyman:

Oh please, spare me the sob story. Jericho goes and screws himself by playing matchmaker tonight. If he didn’t come out to the ring he’d only be wrestling in the main event. Both Jericho and Orton are now at a serious disadvantage in the World Title match, and it’s unfair to Randy! He never asked for this match. If you had polled the audience with the names of the Elite Eight before the show started, they’d all have said Orton would win! Now, he may not even make it to the match because Jericho thinks he’s the great defender of Canada. Give me a break!

Joey Styles:
The only way to find out is to see what happens in the ring now. We have both competitors back in the ring, and it is time for the opening contest!

Paul Heyman:
Let’s hope that justice prevails here, and Randy Orton gets a quick victory and he escapes this nonsense unharmed. This is why Jim Cornette should’ve started this week, Joey. Bret Hart can’t run the show, he’s the owner but this is a poor decision.

Joey Styles:
You best be careful, Paul. You might find yourself without a job… again.

Paul Heyman:

Didn’t take you long to make that joke did it, Joey? Real classy.

The camera moves away from the announce desk, it focuses back on the squared circle where both Randy Orton and Chris Jericho have made their way back to the ring. Both men are now in wrestling attire, Jericho clearly the fan favourite stands in one corner while Orton stares at him from the other. Neither man making a move; Orton looks absolutely furious about having to be in this match. A stark contrast to Jericho, he has a smile from ear to ear, loving the response from the live crowd as he waves to them.

Orton doesn’t want to be here - he wants to focus on the main event but like a rat, he is trapped in this cage. The referee for the evening moves to the middle, he looks to the left, then to the right, gives a nod to the timekeeper, and signals for the bell. The roar of the crowd is loud, a moment in time has just occurred. For the first time ever DWA has a match that is underway. It’s a historic moment and one that will be remembered in the history books of professional wrestling.

~OPENING CONTEST~

Chris Jericho
vs.

Randy Orton

Both men remain in their opposite corners for a few moments after the sound of the bell. The crowd is clearly on the side of Jericho; they chanting his name from the beginning of the contest which only further raises the ire of Randy Orton. To start the contest, Orton and Jericho lock-up in the centre of the ring, each man struggling against the other before breaking away. Orton slaps his arms a few times, warming himself up after not getting the chance to do so because of the nature of how this contest came to be. Once again they lock-up, Jericho slips underneath this team and wrenches the arm of Orton, turning it into a wrist lock from behind. He attempts to bring Orton down to the mat and into an arm-bar, Orton however is able to scramble out of it and escape to the outside of the ring in the nick of time.

Orton slaps the canvas and is visibly frustrated at the opening moments of this match-up. While Orton is throwing his hissy fit, Jericho slides to the outside of the ring on a different side and begins to charge toward his opponent. At the last second, Orton sees the Canadian running towards him and quickly turns it around. Orton catches Jericho and uses his momentum against himself, tossing Jericho into the steel steps on the outside of the ring. Randy Orton jumps on the attack now, hammering down with fists to the head of Jericho on the outside. They eventually end up back in the ring, and Orton remains in control for the next several minutes as he works over Jericho. The contest continues to evolve with Jericho grabbing control after Orton fails to score with a vertical suplex. It would see Jericho counter by slipping free of the grip, kick Orton in the stomach, and then hit a running bulldog for a two count.

The finish to the contest would come at around the nine-minute mark of the match. A fair contest for the fans to open the show, both men were given equal opportunity to display what they can offer to the company, and both men were able to perform some of their famous moves. Orton would be in the driver’s seat, stalking Jericho after hitting the suspended DDT from the apron of the ring. Orton slithers into position, pounding the mat with his fists like a madman - the man once known as a killer - eyeing his next victim. Slowly across the ring, Jericho grabs the ropes to pull himself up, looking as if he is on wobbly legs while doing so. Jericho turns around… and Orton strikes with the RKO! No, Jericho holds onto the top rope and doesn’t go down! Orton crashes down to the canvas, leaving his legs exposed and Jericho hooks them… WALLS OF JERICHO!! Orton is scrambling off his back to stop the submission from being applied while Jericho is twisting his limbs all over the shop, trying to force Orton onto his stomach. The struggle is intense, it could go either way and that’ll be the end for Orton if he allows Jericho to turn him! As Jericho leans forward to gain some more leverage, he leans just a little bit too far, and allows Orton to hook his head - Orton ends up in a pinfall position… and Orton is able to place his hand on the bottom rope for extra leverage - 1… 2… 3!

Winner: Randy Orton at 9:25

As “BURN IN MY LIGHT” hits, Randy Orton escapes to the outside of the ring after refusing to have his hand raised by the referee, the crowd booing the result with a heated fury. Orton begins to head up the entrance way, he turns back to look at Jericho in the ring, laughing that this is what he gets for sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong. Jericho gets to his knees on the inside of the ring, realising that he got caught in the wrong position but he keeps his head up - knowing that there is still another chance later tonight for some retribution.

Joey Styles:

By hook or by crook we’ve just seen Randy Orton get the first-ever win on Wednesday Night Vendetta. I know I wear glasses but I’m pretty confident I saw a hand on that bottom rope during the pin by Orton. He didn’t wait around for the referee to get any feedback from the truck or from Jericho.

Paul Heyman:
Now that’s just badmouthing a competitor for no good reason, Joey. Randy Orton wrestled his match and he now needs to go back to his locker-room to prepare for what matters most tonight - the main event for the DWA World Heavyweight Championship. Orton’s just really eager to prepare himself for that.

Joey Styles:
Oh, I bet. The same man who was furious that the belt wasn’t just handed over to him. Orton is clearly so pumped to be in the main event with seven of the best wrestlers we’ve got.

Paul Heyman:

It might be a match with eight of the best but I think it’s fair to say that Randy Orton is just that bit better. You saw it against Jericho tonight! He was caught in the position for the Walls of Jericho, and Orton found a way to not only escape but to get the victory. That’s championship material and I think we’ll see it on show again later tonight.

The final image of ringside is that of Chris Jericho exiting the ring, he begins to make his way up the entranceway and is embraced by the fans on either side of the guardrail. He appears slightly disappointed but can be heard telling the fans that he’ll get that one back later tonight.

**VIDEO PACKAGE**

We’re transported to a deserted road, with not a car or person in sight. The camera pans from left to right, then slowly moves upright where a sign is shown but it’s out of focus. We begin to hear the sound of a car that’s fast approaching.

The black car pulls up on the side of the road near the sign… two men exit the car and the camera begins to pan up to their faces. They are identified immediately as Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley.

Chris Sabin:

If you don’t know who we are you’re about to get the shock of your life. You don’t even realise it yet but you’ve just met the greatest tag team in the entire world. My name is Chris Sabin.

Alex Shelley:

And I’m Alex Shelley. Together we’re the Motor City Machine Guns, and our journey has taken us all over the world facing the very best that tag team wrestling has to offer.

The camera pulls back as Sabin and Shelley lean back against their black car, the sign in the background now revealed to read “Welcome to Detroit” in the background.

Chris Sabin:

Now I know for those of you who have never seen us before, you’re probably thinking like, who are these two guys? What makes them so special to call themselves the best tag team in the world? For someone who doesn’t know us that’s fair.

Alex Shelley chuckles, and points back and forth between himself and Sabin.

Alex Shelley:

We’re about to show the world that we are the best so that sooner rather than later nobody in this business will ever doubt what we say. There won’t be a fan in the world who doesn’t know the names, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin. By the time we are done everyone is going to recognise us as the best - that’s a promise.

Chris Sabin:
See, we’re faster, we’re stronger, we’re smarter and we work harder than everyone else in this business. There isn’t a tag team alive today that blends together like us! It doesn’t matter where we have been, we are always at the very top of the tag division because this… this is what we have dreamed of all our lives.

Alex Shelley:

We’ll take risks that other teams aren’t willing to. Climb that fifteen-foot high ladder and jump off - sure thing. Put yourself and your opponent through a stack of tables? Name the time and place! This is what we do! There isn’t a team that we fear, and there isn’t an obstacle that we can’t overcome.

Sabin and Shelley turn from the focus of the camera, they face the sign and place a hand on it.

Chris Sabin:

If you’ve ever been to Detroit you know that it ain’t easy surviving. We didn’t just survive, we thrived and we wouldn’t have it any other way. This has been and will always be our home.

Alex Shelley:
So we take our home with us - we bring with us the drive, the passion, and the ability to dream of a better life for all the people of Detroit. That hunger for success lives inside the very heart of Detroit. My name is Alex Shelley…

Chris Sabin:

And my name is Chris Sabin… together we are the Motor City Machine Guns. If you didn’t know our names before, you do now.

The Motor City Machine Guns turn back to the camera, both men smiling, they give each other a fist bump as the screen cuts to black.

Backstage, Torrie Wilson is in the interview area which is set up deep within the Manhattan Center and will be the home of all the organised interviews. The set has a basic black backdrop with the DWA logo and sponsors scattered throughout the backdrop.

Torrie Wilson:
Hey guys, it’s Torrie Wilson here for the first time in the hottest interview area in DWA. This is where you’ll get to hear from some of the biggest names in DWA and from little ‘ole me as well. Tonight, I’m lucky to be joined by a man who will compete in the main event later this evening, please welcome, Bryan Danielson!

Bryan Danielson steps into the frame of the shot, giving Wilson an awkward smile and wave.

Bryan Danielson:

Um, hi. Thanks for that.

Torrie Wilson:

Hey Bryan, thanks for stopping by. I know that a lot of your fans from Ring of Honour are going to be excited to see you on such a big stage tonight. How does it feel to be in a position to become the first-ever DWA World Heavyweight Champion in the Elite Eight battle royal later tonight?

Slightly awkwardly, Danielson appears to look anywhere in the area except directly at Torrie herself as he answers.

Bryan Danielson:

I found out at the same time as everyone else - I was told to be here today in my gear and that’s what I did. I guess I’m still trying to process what’s happening, it’s been a bit of a madhouse back here this evening, first show and all. I didn’t expect any special treatment but I’m proud and honoured that Bret Hart has given me this opportunity.

Torrie pulls the mic back to herself so she can ask a follow-up question.

Torrie Wilson:
You are the only person in the match that has wrestled only on the independent scene. Do you think this puts you at a disadvantage against the likes of Kurt Angle who has plenty of big-match experience?

A small laugh from Danielson escapes his lips, he quickly controls himself and responds.

Bryan Danielson:
I might not have wrestled on national television but I’ve got plenty of big match experience. You can ask a few of the guys in that locker-room what it’s like to match up against me, and there won’t be a long list of them rushing to do it again. Tonight, I’m prepared to show the world who I am and that’s…

“Ah, shut up!”

From the right of the interview area, a voice can be heard shouting. The camera pulls back to reveal Elijah Burke approaching the set, he’s dressed in his street clothes, no match for him tonight.

Elijah Burke:
Who the hell are you? Wait a second, don’t answer that! I don’t care and neither do any of the people out there or the ones watching at home. Hey, Torrie doesn’t even care who the hell you are - she’s just doing this cause she has to.

Burke grabs the mic from Torrie and signals for her to get lost - she exits to the left as Burke squares up to Danielson.

Elijah Burke:
I’m a star, man. I’ve wrestled on the biggest stage of ‘em all. What have you done? Wrestled in front of five people at some high school gym? It’s a joke.

Danielson mouths, “might’ve been seven people actually” which only further irritates Burke.

Elijah Burke:
Oh, you a funny man? Well, I think you don’t deserve all this recognition you’re getting. Big spot in the main event, an interview with Torrie Wilson - ain’t nobody knows who Bryan Danielson even is! I’m Elijah Burke, the trendsetter, the face of the new breed, and I’m not waiting for my turn.

Out of nowhere, Danielson snatches the mic from the hand of Burke.

Bryan Danielson:
If you’ve got a problem with me we can settle it in the ring anytime you want. I didn’t ask for the interview, I didn’t ask to be in the main event. That’s not my style, I earn everything I get and tonight, I’ll earn the DWA World Championship, while you’re sitting back here watching me!

Elijah Burke:

You ain’t want to step to me, man. I’ll knock your ass out real quick. Who even are you? WHO ARE YOU, REALLY?

Bryan Danielson:

How about this, Elijah? Next week, regardless of if I win or lose tonight, you and I, one on one in that ring. You can show the world just how big of a star you truly are, and how you match up against ‘the undeserving nobody’ that’s standing right here calling you out!

Elijah Burke steps forward and both men are only an inch away from colliding. The tension is high, and Danielson brings the mic up one final time.

Bryan Danielson:
By the way, in case you didn’t know, some people like to call me Bryan but others simply call me… the BEST IN THE WORLD!

The mic is dropped, and Danielson turns his back and walks away from Burke. The set is silent, a pin could be heard dropping as Elijah Burke glares at his opponent (potentially) for next week leaving the set. The scene fades to black, and to a commercial break, with Burke huffing and puffing in anger.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

Upon our return, we are shown footage that has a lower third of “earlier today”, as Kurt Angle exits a car in the parking lot of the Manhattan Center. Described by many as the biggest talent signing for the company, Angle is dressed in a well-fitting suit, and black sunglasses, and rolls his suitcase along the ground as he begins to make his way into the arena. As Kurt Angle heads towards the door, fans line the street cheering his name and the Olympian makes sure to stop a sign a few autographs, before entering the arena for the first time and closing it behind him.

Joey Styles:

What a night it could end up being for Kurt Angle as he competes later this evening in the main event Battle Royal for the DWA World Championship! He wouldn’t have known coming into the show tonight that there was a chance he’d be crowned as our first ever World Champion tonight! You’ve got to wonder what’s going through his head right now, along with everyone else in that match.

Paul Heyman:
I can tell you this for sure, Styles! Kurt Angle is as prepared as any man on the planet when it comes to winning in the biggest moments. That man didn’t just win an Olympic gold medal, he won it with a broken neck. If you’re looking for a man who could claim the World Title tonight; Kurt Angle might be the best bet going into the match.

Joey Styles:
That’s going to be a little tonight, we’ve still got some big time action coming up now though as we get to our first scheduled match of the evening. This was in fact supposed to be the first ever match for DWA until Randy Orton opened his big mouth!

Paul Heyman:
Oh please! Will you let it go, Joey? I don’t want to argue with you all night. Randy Orton did nothing wrong. I’ll even go this far if I had a Randy Orton in ECW - I’d have given him the ECW World Heavyweight Title, the Television Title, I’d have made him the solo Tag Champion - anything and everything for a talent like that. He’s my pick for the Battle Royal later tonight! You and Bret Hart will have to eat your words.

Joey Styles:
Paul, you just said that Kurt Angle would be your pick…

Paul Heyman:
Hey, I know what I said! The people listening know what I said and they don’t need your false narratives, Joey. Let’s get on with the show.

Moving away from the announcers, “MISERE CANTARE - THE BEGINNING” hits for the first time under the new company banner, bringing forth the arrival of CM Punk to the Manhattan Center. The music rings out throughout the building, the sound of drums echoing, then CM Punk steps through the curtain at the entrance way - dressed in his classic wrestling attire. Punk doesn’t acknowledge any of the fans at the guardrail as he makes his way down to the ring, almost appearing to purposely avoid the outstretched hands of the young faithful who have made their way down to high five the former WWE Superstar. Punk climbs the ring steps, with little to no fanfare on his behalf, barely raising his eyes to the crowd as he steps through the ropes. Punk turns his back to the crowd, placing himself in a corner of the ring, arms crossed on the top turnbuckle with his head resting upon them.

In stark contrast to the entrance, we have just seen, “AXEMAN” kicks in over the arena and Matt Sydal sprints out into the entrance way with the biggest smile on his face. Sydal pumps his fist in excitement, slaps hands with the fans at ringside, and makes sure to travel the entire way around the ring to interact with as many fans as possible. On commentary, Joey Styles points out how different the arrivals of the two opponents were and that Sydal is clearly embracing the fans in the arena tonight whilst Punk seems to have other ideas on his mind. Heyman jumps to the defense of Punk, arguing that this is a big time match and Punk is just focused on getting the victory - something that Sydal should focus on rather than the crowd.

~MATCH 2~

CM Punk
vs.

Matt Sydal

The bell for this match sounds unexpectedly, as CM Punk tackles Matt Sydal when the latter attempts to step through the ring ropes. The crowd begins to boo, Punk using a sneak attack to gain the advantage in the opening moments, hammering away with right hands to the back of Sydal’s head with him half twisted up in the ropes. The groans from the crowd continue to grow, Punk steps back as the referee gets in-between them, until he rushes forward again and boots Sydal in the face with his boot! Punk turns around as the referee checks on Sydal, laughing at his handy work, and sneering at the crowd’s response to his actions. CM Punk has arrived - he’s no fan favourite.- he’s going to do whatever it takes to get to the very top of this company. While Punk is salivating at the heat, Sydal fights back to his feet on the opposite side of the ring and lets the referee know he is good to go.

Matt Sydal leans against the ring ropes, shakes his head in defiance, and launches himself toward his opponent! The fight is back on with Sydal hammering away at Punk, and both men begin to trade shots back and forth. Sydal ducks a shot, kicks Punk in the stomach, and bounces back off the ropes - jumping high knee to the face! Punk clutches at his nose, and is sent to the outside of the ring following a dropkick! Sydal yells for the crowd to give him their support - they cheer in response. The Ariel mastermind aims at his opponent, raising a single hand in the air… and dives over through the middle rope - NO! Punk strikes with a forearm to the head, he then scrambles onto the ring apron and grabs Sydal by the head with both his hands holding firm. Punk drops down onto the floor and brings Sydal’s throat down across the top rope ring in the process - sending Matt flying backward to the canvas, coughing in the aftermath. Punk slides back into the ring and gets a quick two count, immediately firing off a few punches to the face before applying a choke to work the throat.

The match would continue to go back and forth throughout its span of just over eight minutes in total. The story of the contest was to establish CM Punk as a villain coming off his fan favourite character the last time he was on television. The finish would arrive with CM Punk perching Sydal on the top rope, looking for a super-plex but Sydal fights out of it - shoving Punk to the canvas. He does not fall to the ground, rather Punk lands on his feet and is able to dive out of the way as Matt Sydal comes tumbling through the air! Sydal is able to tuck and roll, catching himself as Punk moves, and is able to recover. Sydal turns back around and fires off a kick, CM Punk is able to duck the shot and shoves Sydal into the turnbuckle. In a flash, KNEE TO THE FACE - BULLDOG by CM Punk, and now he calls for the finish as Sydal is on shaking the ground. Punk grabs Sydal’s arm, and lifts him up onto his shoulders, he sneers at the crowd and hard camera… before delivering the GO TO SLEEP! Punk hooks the leg and gets the impressive three count to start his DWA career.

Winner: CM Punk at 8:02

But the action isn’t done, CM Punk wants to send a message to not only the fans but to every member of the locker-room. CM Punk refuses to have his hand raised by the referee, instead, he reaches down to Matt Sydal and pulls him back up against the ring ropes. The boos reign down upon the ring, CM Punk paying no attention as he yells in Sydal’s face - “You want to get in the ring with me? I’m sick of playing second fiddle. Not anymore - this is my time, Matt. I’m CM Punk, and they will all know my name!”

Punk steps back and fires off a stiff kick to the side of the head, Sydal crumbles to the canvas… and CM PUNK APPLIES THE ANACONDA VICE! The painful submission move is applied and Punk screams that this is his time - he’s the one and he will play second best no more. The referee attempts to pull the two men apart… and is successful only when Punk allows him to be. Punk releases the hold, a smirk on his face from ear to ear, before exiting the ring and heading up the entrance way feeling very good about his actions.

Joey Styles:

I don’t know what to say about the way CM Punk just acted. Frankly, I’m disgusted and ashamed to say that I’ve known the man for years, and I didn’t know he had those types of actions in him.

Paul Heyman:
One of the biggest things in this business is to make a statement and stand out from the rest. CM Punk just stood out and made himself the biggest target in this company. He’s calling the world out and saying come and get me if you think that you can match what I’ve got. He did it in a dastardly way but I can’t blame the kid.

Joey Styles:
How about earning your place here through wins and competition? Why did he have to attack Matt Sydal before the bell rang or the attack after the match was already decided? There’s no need for that and CM Punk just showed the world his true colours, and thank goodness he’s not in a position to become our World Champion tonight.

Paul Heyman:

I’d be careful if I was you, Joey. CM Punk is likely to hear about those comments and not take them lightly.

With that said, the show cuts to a video package as Heyman and Styles continue to go back and forth.

**VIDEO PACKAGE**

They say that all men are created equal…

We see a shot of what looks like a football field, the lights turned off except for a single spotlight down the opposite end - a figure is hidden there.

They say that you can trace each man back to the same bloodline…

The figure steps into the spotlight, his shadow grows as the lights around the top of the stadium switch on.

However, some are made differently…

Clips of the man, who is unable to be identified, tackling football players in full gear.

This man hits harder…

It transitions to clips of the man doing a speed training drill, running between cones, and doing so in lightning-quick fashion. It then moves to a shot of him running the 40-yard dash.

He is faster…

The man is now on the defensive, clips are shown of the individual fighting off multiple men charging toward him. The figure either tosses them away immediately or throws a punch, and then eliminates them from the scene.

They have made him smarter…

The figure is now at the bottom of a set of stairs in the arena, and we see a montage of him running up and down - over and over again.

Normal limits do not apply to this man…

The shot now shows the man hunched down on his knee, sweat dripping from his nose, his breathing heavy but still he begins to rise.

There is only ONE…

The camera is behind the man, showing off his impressive back as he flexes his muscles.

ALPHA MALE!!

For the first time, Monty Brown is shown on screen as the camera travels from his boots all the way to his body, and stops at his face. His eyes intense, he lets out a primal scream and flexes his arms, as we cut to black.

~ “Alpha Male” Monty Brown ~

COMING SOON TO DWA

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

On the return from the break, we have a shot of an empty ring until “ONE OF A KIND” blasts over the speakers inside the Manhattan Center, announcing the arrival of Rob Van Dam. The fans inside the building offer nothing but cheers, Van Dam thriving in this environment as he makes his way down to the squared circle for a chat. He’s dressed in his gear with his official DWA t-shirt on, and he makes sure to grab a microphone from the steel steps as he climbs onto the ring apron.

Rob Van Dam:
Well, obviously you can’t have the first ever show without the ‘Whole Damn Show’ himself making an appearance, right? I know I’m in the main event later on, I wasn’t expecting that to be honest, lucky that I carry my boots with me.

RVD gives a little bit of a smile and a shrug.

Rob Van Dam:
The reason I came out here is that it’s been a long time since I’ve had the chance to stand in a wrestling ring and listen to you, guys! I haven’t had the chance to walk down the ramp and hear you lot chant - R-V-D in nearly a year. A lot of people do this job for the money or for the fame, I never cared about any of that. I’ve always done this for the thrill of entertaining each and every one of you fans.

Big pop, and the crowd chants “R-V-D” as per Rob’s earlier request.

Rob Van Dam:

Thank you, it means a lot. I want to thank you all for being here tonight and giving this place a chance. Bret Hart built this place but you fans are the ones who keep it alive, and I know that guys like me will put it all on the line if you people keep turning up, and supporting us here. Thank you!

Another big pop from the live crowd.

Rob Van Dam:

Now, let's talk some business… tonight I’ve got a one-in-eight chance at becoming the first ever DWA World Champion. I like those odds for R-V-D!

Yet again, the crowd does a quick “R-V-D” chant in the arena.

Rob Van Dam:

I can’t come out here and guarantee anything, that’s not my style. I’m not going to parade around for forty minutes and talk, and talk, and talk. However, I will promise each of you here tonight and anyone watching at home, that I will give you a show that you will never forget. If you buy a ticket to come here, I’ll leave everything I’ve got out in this ring, and that includes tonight!

Van Dam nods in his as he takes a quick survey of the arena before turning back to face the hard camera.

Rob Van Dam:

I want everyone in the Battle Royal tonight to listen up! It doesn’t matter where you’ve been, what you’ve done, or who you think you are. Tonight, all that matters is what happens between these ropes when the eight of us square up. There isn’t a silver platter, there isn’t a brass ring - there is only the DWA World Championship and if you want it, you better bring the best you’ve got tonight! You see, I don’t quit and I don’t give up - I’m willing to risk it all for one chance at glory. Are you?

The crowd roars with cheers, as Rob Van Dam signals to his waist that he wants the gold.

Rob Van Dam:
Let ‘em hear it all the way in the back. Tonight, we crown a World Champion and if you want it you’ll need to go through - ROB… VAN… DAM!!

A final mic drop for RVD as he ends his chat with the live crowd. Some strong words and a clear message sent from one of the competitors in our main event tonight. Van Dam exits the ring, interacts with the fans on his way out, and makes his way up the entrance way as we cut to the backstage area.

We find ourselves now in the office of Bret Hart, he has a monitor set up for the show and has a bunch of papers on his desk, along with a laptop in front of him. Hart seems to be multi-tasking from his position when he hears a knock at the door. A slight look of annoyance appears on the face of the founder, yet he shouts for them to enter regardless.

Bret Hart:
Come in I said, I’ve got a lot to do at the moment so if we could make this quick.

Into the frame of the shot walks both Lance Storm and Robert Roode - collectively known as Team Canada - dressed in red and white pro-Canada merchandise. Storm stands at the front of the pair, clearly acting as the leader of the duo, and is the one to address Bret.

Lance Storm:

Bret, long time, no see. From one Canadian hero to another I just want to say how proud we all are of what you have created here. A place that we can all call home. Created by a Canadian for us Canadians.

Bret Hart:
I appreciate the kind words but in case you haven’t looked around there’s more than just Canadians here, Lance. I don’t plan on restricting anything or anyone that comes here. I want to give everyone the best chance to be themselves; good or bad. This is a platform of opportunity, and how they use it will be up to the individual.

Lance Storm:

Yes, well… as that may be.

Robert Roode gives Lance Storm a nudge, the latter looks back and tells him to relax.

Lance Storm:

Look, the reason why we’re here is that seemingly in the shuffle of getting everything together you’ve forgotten to book Team Canada on the show tonight. I can see that there’s a tag match coming up, and yet you’ve picked two rookies and Triple X as the showcase for this company’s tag division.

Robert Roode:
It should’ve been us!

Lance Storm:

Silence, Robert! I’m handling this as we spoke about.

Roode shakes his head and looks annoyed; Lance Storm turns back to Bret Hart and places a hand on the desk.

Lance Storm:

It should’ve been us! I don’t understand how a true Canadian hero like yourself can allow so many Americans to populate this show. You’ve got two elite Canadian wrestlers standing before you now, and we both know that the ignorant fans in the arena need to be shown a thing or two about world-class professionalism. You need us on the show, Bret. I just don’t understand how this mishap happened.

Bret Hart:
You want to be on the show, Lance? Look, a lot of guys have come to me today wanting to be on the show. It was hard organising everything and getting the Battle Royal decided. From here on out we should be able to get more of the roster in the ring each week - however you and Robert are a new pairing. You guys haven’t teamed together before, how do I know that you two are the real deal?

Lance Storm:

Oh, we’re the real deal, Bret. There isn’t a team on this roster that can match the skills possessed by Team Canada. We are the best in-ring competitors the tag division has to offer. You put us out there, I’ll show you just how legit Team Canada is, Bret.

For a moment, Bret ponders the request and then looks at his laptop and scattered notes. He flips through a page or two, grabs a pen and crosses something out… and replaces it with a new line of scribble.

Bret Hart:
Alright, let’s see how you go next week. I know how you work, Lance. I’ve seen it many times before but I’m not as familiar with Robert’s work so I’d like to see that before I schedule you two in our tag team division.

Storm doesn’t approve and shakes his head with his trademark stoic look.

Lance Storm:

Let’s be serious here for a moment, Bret. Robert is still in training under my academy to repair and rebuild his in-ring skills. I don’t know if throwing him out in the ring by himself is the best way to go about things.

Bret Hart:

Take it or leave it… next week it’ll be Robert Roode against Chris Sabin of the Motor City Machine Guns in a singles match. Now, you’re welcome to be at ringside for it the same way Alex Shelley will be allowed to support his tag team partner. For now, that’s the offer and I expect to see him in the ring next week.

Team Canada exit the room, Storm looking irritated his request for a tag team match was denied. Robert Roode seems eager at the chance to wrestle on the biggest stage of his career, and Bret Hart returns to his work at the desk.

Back to ringside…

Joey Styles:

Like any good manager, Bret Hart is already looking toward the future and we aren’t done for tonight. Next week, Chris Sabin of the Motor City Machine Guns goes one on one with Robert Roode of Team Canada. We’re about to see two of the other teams in our stacked tag team division but my word, what a chance for those two men to showcase their abilities next week!

Paul Heyman:
We saw a video package earlier tonight for Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley, I hope they’re ready for what is coming next week. I know Lance Storm personally and he’ll have Robert Roode very well prepared.

Joey Styles:
No doubt about that, Lance Storm leading Team Canada to what he hopes is the promised land of tag team gold here in DWA.

Paul Heyman:

What about the two young guns we have in the ring right now, Joey?

The camera moves away from the announce desk, and in doing so it reveals that one team for our next match has already made their way out to the ring. Inside the squared circle, Cody Rhodes and Kofi Kingston are playing to the crowd, hyping them up, playing the role of the fresh young tag team - WHITE MEAT BABYFACE! Both men are in a pair of basic boots and trunks, very much looking like they are fresh out of wrestling school as per their limited experience! On commentary, Joey Styles highlights that the pair have come into the business together through Ohio Valley Wrestling, and have been roommates for years - sharing a strong bond. Together, they are known as the Dream Chasers, a nod to their shared ambition of chasing this wild dream of professional wrestling regardless of their vastly different upbringing.

Across the arena, “XXX GONNA GIVE IT” hits as Triple X - Christopher Daniels and Low-Ki emerge from behind the curtain. It doesn’t take long for the crowd to realise that this duo is playing the bad guys role, Low-Ki grabbing a sign from a fan and ripping it in half. Daniels talks trash to the camera, saying that this is their division and they are the standard for excellence here just as they have been everywhere else. On commentary, Joey Styles highlights that the experience levels between the two teams are vast, Rhodes and Kingston being rookies and both Daniels and Low-Ki being veterans who have wrestled around the world several times. Heyman says that this is a great test for the rookies and that nobody has it easy here in DWA.

~ Match 3 ~

Dream Chasers (Cody Rhodes & Kofi Kingston)
vs.

Triple X (Christopher Daniels & Low-Ki)

The story of this contest is established early on with the commentary and that’s the experience difference. Christopher Daniels starts the match alongside Cody Rhodes, and uses his in-ring knowledge to sneak in a few underhanded tactics behind the referee’s back. Cody Rhodes has to rely on his youth and speed to get the better of the veteran and is able to hit a suplex and a neckbreaker combination in the early moments. This would only get the veterans to sink the hooks in against the youngsters, at one point Triple X isolate Rhodes and trap him in the corner. Daniels and Low-Ki proceed to use quick tags in the out to assault Cody, just rotating who the legal man is over and over, before Low-Ki flies off the top rope with a splash - and scores a two count.

There would be a few moments of trouble for the veterans however, make no mistake about that. Rhodes would eventually get a tag to Kofi and the high flyer wastes no time in sending the crowd into a frenzy. Kingston hit a flurry of chops to the chest of Daniels, whips him into the ropes and leaps over him - then turns it into a back kick to the face. Daniels, ever the smart veteran, rolls to the outside of the ring and regroups with his partner. Inside the ring, Rhodes would tag back in and stand near the edge of the ring… as Kofi Kingston sprints towards his partner, who flips him over the top rope and down onto Triple X! Rhodes ducks to the outside, grabs Daniels, and tosses him underneath the bottom rope for a two count.

A few near falls would continue over the next several minutes for both teams, until we arrived at the finish of a fairly even contest. It was for sure, weighed in the favour of Triple X who was able to maintain control and isolate a member of the Dream Chasers several times while the rookies were in a chaotic frenzy throughout the encounter. The finish occurred following a blind tag made by Daniels to Low-Ki when Kofi Kingston was performing a suplex. The rookie never saw the tag, allowing Daniels to perform a schoolboy pinfall attempt and get the three count. A simple mistake, something that would only come with experience and a lesson that the rookies will be sure to learn from next time.

Winners: Triple X at 6:43

Triple X’s music hits and they clear the ring of the rookies with a few unwarranted boots and punches. That only draws more heat from the crowd, Daniels and Low-Ki simply don’t care and demand their hands are raised by the official in the ring. On commentary, Heyman highlights that it was the veteran knowledge and the blind tag that allowed Triple X to get the win tonight over a very game rookie team. A shot of the Dream Chasers is shown on camera, Rhodes and Kingston looking frustrated as they let their debut match slip through their fingers.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return from the break, greeted with an image of CM Punk clutching the shirt of a cameraman in the backstage area. He’s mid-conversation when the sound kicks in and we are able to hear them. CM Punk has showered and is dressed in his street clothes, his eyes fixated on the cameraman.

CM Punk:
I told you to turn this camera on! You got that? I want the damn thing on, idiot! I’ll smash your face right now, go on! Try me, I’m not messing around.

A stutter and fearful voice emanates from behind the camera.

Cameraman:

It’s on… I got it on now. They can all hear you.

CM Punk:

Good. Now see, that wasn’t so hard.

CM Punk lets go of the cameraman and turns his attention to the camera itself. He smirks, patting the cameraman on the area where his grip was.

CM Punk:

I know that some of you are confused. You thought that when CM Punk signed with DWA that your memories of me… over there… were a preview of what you were going to get when I arrived here. You were wrong - dead wrong.

Heat from the crowd in the arena is picked up by the mics.

CM Punk:
Everyone has to make decisions in their life where they can stay true to themselves or you can prostitute your values for something you want. I did that. I sold myself to the devil for a stack of greenbacks and a dream of a brass ring that never came. I betrayed myself and everything I stand for, and in the end, it wasn’t enough for me to be at the top.

Punk runs his hand through his hair, clenching it into a fist towards the end and raises his voice.

CM Punk:

I still wasn’t good enough for you people! You still chanted his name - supported someone else that was bigger, stronger, and faster. But they can’t tie my freaking boots on my worst day… but that didn’t matter to you! You had the best damn wrestler on the planet - dead or alive - begging for your support and you turned your backs on me.

CM Punk takes a few deep breaths in and out before continuing.

CM Punk:
I did the “right” things over and over because I was told that’s what you had to do to get to the top. No matter how many times I did what they said I never was given the chance until the very day I was fired. I was fired and you all couldn’t have cared less. You moved right on to the next thing, to the next star… to the next CM Punk.

He chuckles, glaring at the camera with venom.

CM Punk:
There is only one - CM PUNK! And I am CM Punk through and through. Every ounce of vile and venom that is inside of me is because of you people. I hate every one of you and if you thought I was going to be the same old whore that I was last year, who danced when you said dance. You are sadly mistaken. Never again, I will never ever bow to you.

CM Punk shoves the cameraman to the ground, the shot falling with him and cutting to black once the camera hits the concrete floor. A stern warning was sent from CM Punk to the competitors and the fans - the one time fan favourite shedding the cloak and embracing his true vile self.

We remain backstage in the interview area this time, Tony Schiavone standing by with his guest Bobby Lashley. The latter is dressed to compete, the Elite Eight Battle Royal to determine the first ever DWA World Champion set to begin after the commercial break, and Lashley looks ready as ever. Lashley gets a decent pop from the live crowd back in the arena, he gives Tony a nod that he is ready and the interview begins.

Tony Schiavone:
Hello, ladies and gentlemen, my name is Tony Schiavone, and it’s good to be back in your lives with professional wrestling once again. Tonight, I’m glad to be here with one of the men who will compete in our main event shortly - his name is Bobby Lashley! Bobby, thank you for joining me. Before we get into the main event, I want to ask what made you make the switch to DWA. You were a highly valued free agent, why DWA?

Lashley smiles, clearly humbled by the idea of his status as a highly valued free agent during his contract discussions.

Bobby Lashley:
Tony, the contract stuff was a long drawn out process that I’m happy is in my rearview mirror. I’ve got a great deal with DWA and Bret Hart has made the entire process very easy for me. I couldn’t be happier than I am with my place here and I hope to repay the contact I’m on ten times over to the company, and Bret especially for believing in me.

A good opening for Lashley, he gets a pop from the crowd.

Bobby Lashley:
As to why I came to DWA? I saw it as a great opportunity to challenge myself. Sometimes you can stay in the same position that you’re comfortable in and just keep repeating it over and over. A lot of people do that at work and slowly but surely, you start to feel drained and struggle to get yourself excited for each day. I didn’t want to go through that. I’ve been there, done that. This was a new opportunity with some of the best talent guys like Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle, Matt Hardy, Paul Wight and so many others. I just couldn’t resist.

Tony Schiavone:
You mentioned a few of the names like Chris Jericho and Paul Wight; both men you’ve had experience with previously and two men who will be involved in the Elite Eight Battle Royal with you in a few minutes' time. How are you feeling going into that match?

Lashley takes a moment to think of his answer.

Bobby Lashley:
This is what I came here to do. It’s a big time match and this is right where I want to be, front and centre. It’s the biggest names in the company colliding for the honour of being the first ever champion, you’ve heard it being talked about all night. We all want it; and whoever wins is going to be a target immediately.

Tony Schiavone:

You mentioned being a target if you win; what do you mean by that? Does that provide some level of trepidation to winning the match?

Bobby Lashley:
Not at all. If anything it makes me want to win more. I mean, look at me, Tony. I can’t exactly hide in the back with everyone else. I stand out, and if I’m going to stand out I might as well stand out as the DWA World Heavyweight Champion!

Tony Schiavone:
Is there anyone in the match that you’ve got your eye on specifically, Bobby?

Bobby Lashley:

Well I think…

From the side of the interview area, Booker T steps into the frame clapping sarcastically towards Bobby Lashley. He shoos Schiavone away, and gets an arms length away from Lashley - commentary making sure to mention that both these men will be involved in the main event. And for those wondering, yes, Booker T will be using his African accent in this company - the best version of Booker T ever.

Booker T:
Look at ‘dis bum. All ‘dis special attention for ‘ju.

Bobby Lashley:
What sort of special attention would that be, Booker?

Booker T:
Huh, I don’t seem to see Booker T gettin’ any sort of interview before ‘dee main event. In fact, I don’t see any spot for Booker T on ‘dee show whole but they’ve got time for… ‘ju.

Lashley goes to speak but Booker raises his hand up to cut him off.

Booker T:

It seems ‘dat we’ve forgotten how ‘dee business works. You earn your spot and as ‘dee former six time World Champion, ‘ju need to step aside.

Bobby Lashley:
If you want an interview, I’m sure you can go ask Bret to organise some time for you, Booker.

Booker T:
Oh, I don’t want an interview - I want ‘dis interview. Now, ‘ju best get to steppin’ on out of here before ‘tings get messy for ‘ju. At ‘dis rate, ‘ju might not make it to ‘dee main event.

All of a sudden, Booker T and Bobby Lashley get into a scuffle and officials from the backstage area are on the scene. They pull the two men apart from each other, Booker T yelling for them to let him go. Lashley shouts that Booker started the entire thing as they are both dragged away in opposite directions. It’s a big of madness before the main event begins with two men who are sure to clash!

**VIDEO PACKAGE**

We’re brought to the scene of a backyard, a makeshift wrestling ring stands to the right, along with an entrance ramp and various bits of wrestling attire. The backyard has a shed with a door that swings back and forth, making a creaking sound as we begin to hear the sounds of footsteps. Under the weight of the footsteps, we hear twigs breaking, gravel underfoot, and at certain times the sound of mud squishing underneath. The camera slowly turns to show a barrel, a used barrel with ash and rust covering the bottom of it. Inside is a collection of firewood; some of them moist with lighter fluid.

The barrel is about half full as the footsteps continue to echo in the background of the scene. Our eyes shift to being over the shoulder of a figure - a man - as he walks towards the barrel, in his arms a collection of firewood freshly cut. He reaches the barrel and dumps the timber in, and then pulls out a bottle of lighter fluid from his back jeans pocket.

The man pours the fluid throughout the barrel, and a few moments later it is emitting flames. The sound of firewood cracking under the heat of the flames, it’s dead silent other than the sounds of nature and the fire. The man steps towards the barrel… the light hitting his face to reveal Gregory Helms. The fire continues to burn… Helms looks down into the flames and he reaches down into a bag at his feet.

From within, Helms pulls out what looks to be a superhero costume (yep, that one). He grips it in his hands and delivers a soft kiss to it… before dropping the item into the flaming barrel. The camera moves over the barrel and catches a ‘H’ being destroyed within the flames. Helms remains next to the fire, slowly turning to face the camera as his face is half lit by the fire. Five words appearing in alongside him to end the package.

THE EYE OF THE STORM

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

Upon returning from the break, all the attention turns to the entrance way and the curtain separating the fans and the competitors backstage. The crowd is ready for the concluding contest, something that has been built up all night, and they explode into a round of cheers when “BREAK DOWN THE WALLS” hits across the speakers. For the second time tonight, Chris Jericho emerges from the curtain, showing a few war wounds from his clash with Randy Orton in the forms of some cuts and bruises. Jericho marches towards the ring, wounded but ever focused on his goal of becoming the first ever DWA World Heavweight Champion.

“UNSTOPPABLE” plays for the first time in the Manhattan Center and signals the arrival of one of the toughest, meanest, and most dangerous men in all of professional wrestling. From behind the curtain, Bobby Lashley stomps his way down the entrance ramp and towards the steel steps. The crowd response is positive, with many fans chanting “LASHLEY” as he climbs the steel steps and enters the ring. Slowly, Lashley turns and glares in the direction of Jericho, who does not back down and meets the stare with one of his own.

While Jericho and Bobby Lashley are locking eyes, much to the excitement of the fans, “BIG” hits to a solid reaction from the crowd. The arrival of Paul Wight draws the attention of both men already in the ring. Wight gives off an intimidating presence at seven feet tall and will be a major problem for anyone to throw over the top rope, and then pin for a count of three should he make it to the final two. Paul Wight steps over the top rope and raises a hand in the air; the crowd pops for this and he gives them a nod of approval.

“FINAL COUNTDOWN” is heard across the Manhattan Center, it brings forth the next man to enter the contest and perhaps the least known to the mass audience - Bryan Danielson. The man who had a confrontation with Elijah Burke early tonight plays to the crowd, slapping hands with the fans, posing for a quick picture, and looking absolutely thrilled to be involved in the main event. Danielson enters the ring and is immediately approached by Paul Wight who stares down at him from above. The American Dragon doesn’t back down, he looks right up at Paul Wight and holds his ground.

“RAP SHEET” blasts over the Manhattan Center, and for the second time tonight we get a glimpse of Booker T! The former six time World Champion hurries down the entrance way as if he’s going to dive right into the ring, but he puts on the breaks at the edge of the ring and shakes his head. Pointing toward Bobby Lashley, a shout or two exchange, Booker T says he’ll get in the ring when he’s ready.

“ONE OF A KIND”, making his way down to the ring for the second venture tonight, Rob Van Dam enters the Manhattan Center with thunderous applause from the crowd. He makes his way down to the steel steps, climbs them, and invites the crowd to join him in his trademark - “Rob! Van! Dam!” taunt.

“GOLD MEDAL” hits the airwaves, as Kurt Angle emerges from behind the curtain for the first time to the live audience. Angle has his famous Olympic gold medal around his neck, his mouth guard already in place between gritted teeth, as he makes the walk down to the ringside area. Every man in the ring has their eyes fixated on Kurt Angle, perhaps the biggest name on the roster, the man who sent shockwaves through the free agent market when he made the decision to join this company. Angle enters the ring, with no hesitation and he marches up to every man in the ring, letting them know he’s the one to beat and all roads go through the Wrestling Machine!

“BURN IN MY LIGHT” plays for the final entrant in our main event, highlighting the arrival of the most controversial signing in the company. The arena is filled with boos, as Randy Orton saunters out into the arena, enjoying the long slow walk that he is making. Orton soaks up all the heat from the crowd, he’s by far the biggest heel in the contest, drawing the ire of every fan in the Manhattan Center. About halfway down the ramp, Randy Orton stops, he unexpectedly smiles before raising his arms in his trademark pose… trigger pyro as a stream of gold pyro falls from the ceiling right behind Orton, forming some sort of golden wall. That sets the crowd off even further, Orton the only person to have any pyro this evening, and that explains the rare smile on the face of Orton.

~ MAIN EVENT ~

ELITE EIGHT BATTLE ROYAL
*WINNER IS CROWNED THE FIRST-EVER DWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION*

Booker T vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle vs. Paul Wight vs. Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Bobby Lashley

The match starts with some controlled chaos, as best described by Paul Heyman on commentary with all the all just battling with anything that moves. We have some pairs for a moment but the next time you look it has changed up completely. It’s hard to keep up with the early moments of the match, everyone standing and holding their ground as fists, kicks and limbs fly wildly in the Manhattan Center. The crowd is going wild for the opening minute as it’s just a ridiculous mess of flesh. The sea parts, so to speak, after a chaotic first sixty seconds and we have a few individual fights going on around the ring. Lashley and Booker T, Jericho and Orton, Wight and Danielson, and finally Rob Van Dam and Randy Orton. They mix and match throughout the early sections of this contest, but for the most part, those are your matches for the big moments and the ones that have the nearest eliminations.

After about two minutes into the match, Orton breaks free of Van Dam and joins Booker T in assaulting Bobby Lashley. The two bad guys in the match have formed an alliance from the looks of things, the crowd booing loudly at the sight of Randy Orton and Booker T laying in the boots to the defenseless Bobby Lashley who is stuck at the bottom of a turnbuckle. When all hope looks lost, Lashley is given aid by an unlikely source in Kurt Angle! Angle rushes over, not to save Lashley, but because he wants a fight, and he throws Orton across the ring with a hard German suplex! He bounces back up to his feet, rushes over to Booker T, and connects with a belly to belly suplex on him, the crowd going wild with cheers as Angle grits his teeth against the mouth guard.

The mayhem continues on the opposite side of the ring as Jericho hangs on the verge of elimination at the hands of Bryan Danielson. The American Dragon has Jericho over the top rope, about halfway, and he struggles for the final bit of energy that’ll give him the elimination. Jericho, a veteran of this kind of match, fights back, escapes, elbowing free, and then turns the tables! Jericho battles against Danielson and has him up against the top rope, trying to earn the first elimination of the contest. They have a few near eliminations, also being joined in a few moments by Paul Wight who nearly tosses them both, but ultimately neither Jericho nor Danielson is destined to be the first eliminated.

Back across the other side of the ring, Kurt Angle and Booker T are going at it with hard punches to the face for each man. Booker T loads up a thrust kick, it gets blocked and Angle turns it into the Ankle Lock! No submissions in this match but Booker T is tapping like a madman, slapping the canvas with his hand, as Angle tugs at the ankle, looking ready to snap it in half. From behind, Randy Orton clubs Angle in the back of the head with a forearm, and turns him around into a vicious RKO! Angle collides with the mat, his eyes shut as he lies face down on the canvas, while Orton checks on his unlikely ally. Orton helps Booker T to his feet, telling him that he just saved Booker T from disaster. Booker T nods his head, trying to shake off the ankle injury as he leans up against the ropes. Suddenly, Orton dives out of the way… as BOBBY LASHLEY STEAMROLLS TOWARD THEM AND ELIMINATES BOOKER T WITH A CLOTHESLINE!

ELIMINATION #1: BOOKER T at 4:01

A huge pop from the live crowd almost immediately, as Lashley celebrates his handy work with a shake of the top rope and a “how’d you like that” to Booker T. Lashley turns back around and Randy Orton is right there to strike, hitting Lashley with an uppercut in the middle of the ring, sending him stumbling backward. Orton rushes forward and tries to lift Lashley over the top rope, but Lashley fights him off and shoves Orton away. It looks as if Lashley is going to be free of trouble until Booker T jumps back up onto the ring apron, snatches Lashley by the head and drags him down to the floor - along with an assist from Randy Orton who dumps Lashley’s legs over the top.

ELIMINATION #2: BOBBY LASHLEY at 4:27

The fight continues on the outside of the ring, Lashley furious that he’s just been eliminated by someone who wasn’t even legal. They tussle all over ringside, even spilling into the crowd, Booker T decides now that he’s had enough and he makes his exit. Lashley chases after his eliminator, heading through the fans and disappearing into the corners of the Manhattan Center. We turn our attention back to the competitors in the ring, Orton is in the middle of the ring and does a quick survey of what is left in the ring, only four eliminations are required before this becomes a singles match. Paul Wight and Rob Van Dam are struggling against the ropes, Chris Jericho is trying to eliminate a stunned Kurt Angle, and that leaves Bryan Danielson left alone. The two free men eye off, Orton laughs at Danielson and dares him to bring it, the American Dragon complies, and rushes forward with a combination of forearms and kicks.

Danielson kicks Orton in the stomach, whips him into the ropes, and hits a dropkick targeted to the knee. Orton clutches at the knee now, stumbling backward, as Danielson hits a running dropkick which bounces him back into the turnbuckle. Danielson hurries back against the opposing turnbuckle, and charges forward, throwing himself into Orton stuck against the turnbuckle. Orton is hurt, he falls forward and Danielson catches him with a butterfly suplex to put him down. Danielson is approached by an incoming RVD, and he rejects him with a European uppercut, knocking him down to the ground, where Danielson fires off the stiffest-sounding kick to the back that you’ve ever heard. The crowd is rising with support for the American Dragon as he engages with anyone that dares come into his specter. It is as if time stands still when Bryan Danielson turns and discovers that his next challenge is seven feet tall… yes, Paul Wight has his eyes set on the American Dragon.

The crowd rises with cheers as Bryan Danielson and Paul Wight square off in the middle of the ring. The size difference is indeed large, yet that isn’t enough to put any fear in the heart of the American Dragon. It’s Giant versus Dragon, something out of a storybook… and the fight is on. Kicks from Danielson land on the side of the tree trunk like legs of Paul Wight. He doesn’t move an inch, taking it all in his stride, Paul Wight reaches out and grabs Danielson by the throat and drives him back towards the ropes. Danielson struggles but Paul Wight is just too strong, he shoves him over the ring ropes… but Danielson lands on the ring apron. Paul Wight releases his grip on the throat and swings wildly trying to knock Danielson down, but the American Dragon ducks and evades - and he applies a front face lock! Danielson tightens his grip and begins to pull Paul Wight over the top, he’s been here before in a Battle Royal, and it seems that Wight remembers as he powers out of his and throws Danielson down to the floor! Raw power is on display with that elimination.

ELIMINATION #3: BRYAN DANIELSON at 7:36

We are through with our third elimination, Paul Wight has sent Bryan Danielson packing from the match and now turns his attention to the remaining group in the ring. As Paul Wight steps forward he is rushed at one time by both Rob Van Dam and Chris Jericho, both men seeking to clear the ring of their biggest threat to becoming the first World Champion. Wight is getting checked by both men and ends up against the ropes, RVD and Jericho each grab a leg and they begin to eliminate the biggest man in the contest. Wight has both feet off the ground, trying to keep himself in the ring with his arms wrapped around the ropes, Jericho and RVD communicating in their attempt as best they can. In another display of raw power, Wight shakes one of his legs and is able to free it from the group of Jericho. With one boot on the ground, Wight has leverage and slams his forearm into the head of RVD. He stands up, grabs Jericho, and tosses him over the top rope… Jericho just hangs on. Meanwhile, Paul Wight delivers a headbutt to RVD, sending him down to one knee before Wight lifts RVD up into the air and drops him down with a gorilla press!

Meanwhile, Kurt Angle and Randy Orton are battling each other in a corner of the ring together. Angle looking to get some payback for the RKO he suffered earlier, and Orton trying to make good on his vow to become the first ever World Champion. Orton and Angle trade a few moments of near eliminations from both men, Orton going over the top rope at one point and hanging down with both feet mere inches away from the floor. Angle trying to get his grip to break, even going so far as to bite the hands of Orton that are wrapped around the top rope. Orton refuses to let go, he swings both his feet back up onto the ring apron, fires off a punch to Angle, and hurries back into the ring. He ducks behind Angle, and tosses him over, but Angle grapevines the top and middle rope, avoiding elimination and drawing more frustration from the face of Orton.

We suddenly have to cut across the ring, Paul Wight has been knocked down to the canvas and Rob Van Dam comes flying through the air - FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH! The crowd goes wild as Van Dam hits the first frog splash in DWA history, sticking it to Paul Wight but as Heyman says on commentary, “You’ve got to get his big ass over the top rope, Rob!” Van Dam grabs Paul Wight by the head and tries to pull him towards the rope, it’s a slow process but the giant begins to make his way over. Rob thinks he’s got this going well… when Paul Wight begins to lift Rob Van Dam up into the air - CHOKESLAM TO THE RINGSIDE FLOOR!

ELIMINATION #4: ROB VAN DAM at 9:56

Paul Wight knees over against the middle rope, crying out in pain and clutching at his ribs while Rob Van Dam is being attended to by some ringside officials. A last-ditch act of power saved Paul Wight and has seen Rob Van Dam eliminated. We are now down to a group of four men - Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho and Paul Wight. One of these four men will be the first ever World Heavyweight Champion, and the man in control seems to be Randy Orton at the moment. He is hammering away on Chris Jericho, his opponent from earlier tonight, and he kicks Jericho in the mid-section, before planting him with a DDT. Orton rolls away from Jericho, and gets to his feet… when Kurt Angle turns up behind him and whips him into the corner. Angle hits a clothesline in the corner, grabs Orton by the head, and repeatedly slams Orton head first into the turnbuckle. Angle hooks Orton from behind and tries to toss him, but Orton elbows free and executes a snap backbreaker! Angle hits the canvas and ropes towards a bottom rope, wrapping his legs around it.

Across the ring, Jericho and Wight are going at it now. Jericho hits a step up enziguri on the giant, stunning him, and Jericho charges forward with a forearm smash. It rocks the big man, Jericho hits a dropkick, it sends Wight back a few steps again. The crowd is standing as Jericho unloads a few right hands on the chest of Paul Wight, he’s on the verge of a huge elimination now. Wight is struggling, Jericho hits another enziguri and now Wight is against the ropes. From out of nowhere, Orton comes into the scene and he tries a clothesline on Paul Wight… he wobbles against the ropes. Now, Jericho runs forward and hits a clothesline of his own. Neither man can do it on their own… and now Orton and Jericho charge at Paul Wight together… only for Jericho to switch into a bulldog on Orton! Orton slams face first into the canvas, he pops up clutching his face and Jericho throws him over the top rope and to the floor below!

ELIMINATION #5: RANDY ORTON at 12:05

He cannot believe it! The roar from the crowd is as loud as anything we have heard tonight as everyone realises that Randy Orton is gone from this match. He will not be the first ever World Champion for this organisation, and it comes at the hands of Chris Jericho.The man who stepped up to defend our founder, Bret Hart. Jericho takes a moment to celebrate in the ring, loving the fact that he’s the one to get rid of Orton. On the outside, Orton is going mental as referees from the back rush out to ringside and order him to move along. After what happened earlier with Booker T it seems that the referees have been given orders to watch out for any more funny business. Orton shouts that this isn’t over towards Jericho, he kicks the guardrail and takes his leave from ringside, and disappears behind the curtain.

Inside the ring, Chris Jericho looks around the ring and realises he has a one third chance at becoming the champion now. Paul Wight is back to a vertical base and he hasn’t forgotten what Jericho did earlier, and he slaps him across the chest. Jericho is then grabbed by his long hair, thrown into the ropes and gets a big boot across the face. Wight then drops his leg across the chest of Jericho, causing major breathing issues for Jericho as he rolls around the canvas. From the side, Kurt Angle enters the fray and he tries to rock the giant now. He kicks Wight in the stomach, grabs his head, and his an uppercut, before trying to execute a German suplex. Wight is just too heavy at the moment, he stomps down on the feet of Paul Wight, elbows him in the head and then tosses Angle through the air leaving him to crash into the bottom of a turnbuckle on the other side of the ring.

As Paul Wight stands alone at the centre of the ring, Jericho returns with a group of punches toward the biggest man in the ring. Jericho won’t stop moving forward, throwing everything he has at Paul Wight. It’s all for naught seemingly as Paul Wight grabs Jericho by the throat and lifts him up into the air - CHOKESLAM? No! Jericho has to go for the eyes… he blinds the giant in a moment of desperation he rakes the eyes. Not the most honourable move but Jericho had to do something, he lands on his feet and watches as Paul Wight stumbles around blinded. He reaches the ropes, leaning up against them and Jericho rushes forward for the elimination… but he gets nailed with a big boot! Paul Wight opens his eyes, they’re read, bloodshot now, and he’s pissed. Wight grips Jericho by the throat and slams him down with a CHOKESLAM… before tossing him over the top rope - we are down to two.

ELIMINATION #6: CHRIS JERICHO at 13:32

Joey Styles:
We are down to the final two men, ladies and gentlemen! It’ll either be Kurt Angle or Paul Wight who is crowned the very first DWA World Champion.

Paul Heyman:
I can’t believe that Paul Wight survived that last-ditch effort by Jericho. He had to sense that Jericho was rushing towards him.

Joey Styles:

Stay tuned everyone because we are going to take our final commercial break of the evening, and when we return it’ll be a singles match between Kurt Angle and Paul Wight for all the gold! We’ll be right back!

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

~ MAIN EVENT ~

FINAL TWO - ONE FALL TO A FINISH
*WINNER IS CROWNED THE FIRST-EVER DWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION*

Paul Wight vs. Kurt Angle
Upon returning from the final commercial break, Kurt Angle and Paul Wight have both taken up a position on opposite sides of the ring from the other. A short breather having taken place during the break, both men are set to collide in what will be the final deciding fall of this huge main event. The crowd split about 70/30 in the favour of Kurt Angle, who is knelt down against the middle ropes on his side of the ring. Across from him, Paul Wight stands on his feet, looking down at his opponent, and slaps his chest which echoes over the Manhattan Center. Paul Wight steps forward towards Angle, his massive strides covering half the ring quickly, and in response Angle rushes forward and tries to score a takedown on the giant.

Wight is having none of it, he delivers a clubbing shot across the upper back of Angle which brings the Olympian down to his knees again. With ease now, Wight picks Angle up and whips him across the ring with a great deal of force. On the rebound, Wight connects with a sidewalk slam in the centre of the ring, Angle begins to cough violently after the near five hundred pound giant squashes him. The referee dives into position and quickly counts to two, but Angle forces his shoulder off the mat at the last moment to keep the contest alive.

Back on his feet, Wight grips Angle around the chin and pulls him back to a vertical base. Wight shoves Angle towards the turnbuckle, drives his entire body against Angle, and connects with a hard back elbow to the face of his trapped target. Readjusting his opponent, Wight leans Angle back up against the turnbuckle and raises a single hand in the air. He tells the crowd to be silent for a moment… and then brings it down with a huge chop across the chest of Kurt Angle. Like a gunshot it echoes throughout the Manhattan Center, and Angle stumbles forward clutching at his pecs with pain etched on his face. He can barely stand and is soon knocked to the ground with a big body slam which also gets a two count!

Paul Wight looks up at the referee now, asking if he’s sure that was a two count and the official confirms his decision. It appears that a slight bit of frustration may be creeping in now for the giant as he cannot put Kurt Angle away. They’ve been battling for well over fifteen minutes, and both men have put it all on the line. He gets to his feet, grabbing Angle by the arm and hooking him for a suplex. While in the air, Angle begins to struggle, he knees Paul Wight in the head while upside down, and slips behind him. Angle pushes Wight towards the ropes and on the rebound tries to pull him down to the canvas, but Wight gets his large hands around the top rope.

Angle trips over himself and rolls across the ring while Wight turns back around, and quickly Angle rushes forward with a combination of punches to the head of the giant. Angle unloads, he tries to whip Wight into the turnbuckle but he’s blocked by the pure mass of the man. Thinking on his feet, Angle switches still with control of the arm and delivers a European uppercut to the larger man. It stuns the giant, Angle twists the arm, and ends up behind him - GERMAN SUPLEX! Oh my god, Angle throws Paul Wight onto his head and the giant is down - he scurries into a pinning combination! ONE! TWO! KICK OUT!

Angle looks to the crowd in despair that the counter was only good enough for a two count. He knows that this is his chance and he has to take it now. Pulling himself up, Angle stomps all over the giant, waking him up and causing Wight to begin to rise to his feet. When Wight gets to his knees, Angle fires off a few punches to the head before planting him with a DDT. Angle hurries towards the turnbuckle, climbs up to the top rope and dives… MOONSAULT! It connects, Angle hits his target and the referee is right there for the count… ONE! TWO! KICK OUT! Pounding the mat in frustration now, Kurt Angle staggers to his feet, the crowd cheering him on, and pulls the straps down! The roar from the crowd is loud as Angle stomps the canvas, demanding that Wight get up and come get some more. Slowly, feeling the impact of the assault, Paul Wight climbs back to a vertical base, and Angle goes for his best shot! Angle Slam by Kurt… is countered by Paul Wight, who punches free!

Angle stumbles away and Wight strikes with a big time thrust kick to the head of his opponent. Angle falls towards the ropes and leans against them, as Wight shakes his head and gathers his thoughts for a moment. Wight looks around the area, feeling the emotion of the fans that are cheering him on, and he pulls down the single strap on his attire and raises a hand in the air. Wight is waiting as Angle rises, gripping him around the throat and crushing him against the canvas with a CHOKESLAM! Wight takes a few seconds to make the cover, believing he has it all done… ONE! TWO! KICK OUT! Paul Wight is in shock right now, and so is the crowd as Angle gets his shoulder off the mat. The referee has to defend the decision, arguing back and forth with Paul Wight. The giant can’t believe it was a two count, and his disbelief now turns to anger as he turns back around to look down at the canvas where Angle is crawling towards a rope.

Paul Wight steps towards Angle, reaching down and pulling him off the canvas. Wight stares into his eyes and releases his grip… which causes Angle to crumble to the mat below. In anger, Wight yells at the referee that this match should be over but the zebra states again that all he got was a two count. Wight huffs and puffs, but gets on with it as he grabs Angle again and drags his body over to the corner of the ring. He places a hand under the armpits of Angle and lifts him up placing his body in a seated position on the top turnbuckle. Wight shouts to everyone that this is over as he places his hand around the throat of Kurt Angle… he’s going for a SUPER CHOKESLAM! Angle awakens, and he begins to struggle but the giant is too strong, and he pulls Angle from the top rope… Angle slips behind him, and applies a REAR-NAKED CHOKE!

Kurt Angle is screaming out for the crowd to hear as he applies the hooks with his legs, and squeezes around the throat of Paul Wight. On commentary, Paul Heyman yells… “EVEN A GIANT HAS TO BREATHE!” The crowd is on their feet, Angle is choking the air right out of the lungs of the biggest man in professional wrestling. Paul Wight stumbles, fading as he tries to fight out of it. He punches, twists, and turns… but Angle shakes his head, sweat dripping from his face, emotion pouring out of him right now.

This is everything both men have ever wanted on the line right now. Angle tightens his grip, screaming in a roar of passion, the gold is on the line - he has to finish it! Paul Wight is going a shade of red, a shade of blue as he collapses to both knees… and eventually, he falls flat on the canvas as Angle still has the choke. The referee is there, he checks on the giant… and even giants do need to breathe! THIS MATCH IS OVER - PAUL WIGHT HAS PASSED OUT!

Winner and FIRST-EVER DWA World Heavyweight Champion: Kurt Angle at 10:20 (23:52 total match time)

Joey Styles:
History has been made here tonight in the Manhattan Center! Kurt Angle is the first-ever DWA World Heavyweight Champion!

Paul Heyman:
Not only is he the first champion, but he also did it the hard way, Joey. Kurt Angle went through seven of the very best wrestlers on the planet to earn the honour of being our first World Champion. I can’t think of a better way for the first edition of Vendetta to end than with Kurt Angle at the top of the mountain.

Joey Styles:
He survived the battle royal, and then Kurt Angle took down a literal giant of a man. He found a way to win, he choked out Paul Wight until the man couldn’t breathe any longer. A massive round of applause for him too, a major effort and one that we will be talking about for a long time to come.

Paul Heyman:
I wouldn’t want to be there when they wake that sleeping giant up and tell him he fell short of his goal. I’ve dealt with both men in my career, Joey. I can say that Kurt deserves this but I can also say that Paul Wight is not one to take this and forget about it. He’ll be back!

A truly historic night tonight, and the celebrations begin as confetti falls from the ceiling of the Manhattan Center. The referee raises the hand of Kurt Angle to thunderous applause, as Bret Hart makes his way down to the ring with a velvet bag containing what we can only assume is tonight’s prize. Angle spots Bret from the corner of his eye, and gets the referee to hold the ropes for the founder.

Inside the ring, Bret Hart embraces Kurt with a big hug in the middle of the squared circle, before opening the bag and revealing the DWA World Heavyweight Championship to the world. A beautiful golden belt, covered in diamonds, the words “WORLD CHAMPION” clearly carved into the front plate. Bret hands the title to Kurt Angle, who sheds a tear before raising it up into the air to a big pop from the crowd.

Kurt Angle and Bret Hart embrace once more, before Kurt marches towards the turnbuckle, climbs onto the second rope, and hoists the title belt high into the air as the show fades to black.

END OF SHOW

White Rhyno

Reaction score
Really impressed with the depth and detail you've put into this. It gives it an authenticity that I enjoy.

The first show was very good and really kicked things off with a shot without feeling rushed. Thats a huge thing in projects like these. I've read a lot where the author is in such a rush to get to their stories they speed through the backstory and do not put too much effort into establishing why their readers should care whats happening. You do a good job of using your announcers to explain that.

Starting off with Orton and Jericho is a very bold for your first ever match in company history.... In theory, the show has no place to go but down. I think it would have made for hot tv, but can also see sites like ours lighting it up as "hotshotting"

That being said... The battel royal had a lot of drama and made Kurt look like a legit bad ass.

The show has a lot of names with easy recognition factor. I think that can be tough to write through sometimes as it creates readers expectations. I think it can be tough to play into them and turn them into your own at the same time. It will be interesting to see how you use that balancing act.

All in all...I liked the show. The Danielson and Burke interaction seems like a strong upper midcard feud. Good luck with this.