Eric Young Out with Torn ACL

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
erictornacl.jpeg

Image: Impact Wrestling
Impact Wrestling's Eric Young will be out of action for several months due to a torn ACL.

During an appearance on the Wrestling Perspective Podcast, Young revealed that he suffered a torn ACL at Impact's most recent set of television tapings. Young said he'll be out of action for 6-9 months and is aiming to make it back in six months.

"At the last tapings I tore my ACL," Young said. "It's the first time I've ever been injured. I missed my first wrestling show this Friday that I was booked on in 24 years of doing it. So, it's frustrating, man. I've never been injured. I've been hurt lots, but I've never been injured. I have to have surgery in like a week and a half. And it's going to be a long, long road. So, we'll see, man. It's going to get real interesting for me."

Young said that he suffered the injury during a match against James Storm. Young finished the match and then wrestled two more times during the tapings.

"My ACL is completely torn, which I didn't know," Young said. "That happened on Monday during the match with Storm. I finished it like nothing happened. I wrestled a hardcore war eight-man tag the following day, then I wrestled Eddie Edwards on Tuesday in a singles match. It was like 20 minutes -- on one leg. And I would put that match against anything that airs anytime, for any wrestling company, anywhere in the world, and I did it on one leg. And I'm very proud of it."

While he doesn't know if he'll remain on television while recovering from injury, Young said he imagines that he will. Young is the leader of Impact's Violent By Design stable, with the group also including Joe Doering, Cody Deaner, and Rhino.

After being released by WWE during last April's roster cuts, Young returned to Impact Wrestling at Slammiversary in July. On an episode of Impact that aired in September, Young defeated Eddie Edwards to win the Impact World Championship. Young then lost the title to Rich Swann at Bound for Glory in October.

source: f4wonline.com

Fucking sucks man, VBD was doing some good shit but he thinks he'll still be on TV with them so that'll be perfect.

• Sad
Reactions: Doom

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah so much momentum with VBD, but it will be good for him to be the Mouth piece for his buddies that could lead to a Tag Title run who knows.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Oh, fuck me. Not Eric Young. He was gaining momentum and actually doing big things for almost a year. Now he gets tailed with a Torn ACL injury. Get better and heal safely Young. :(

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Well that sucks big time. Wishing Eric to recover as soon as he can.

I can't imagine what it's like to not only have the injury but also keep going for the tapings.