Eric Bischoff Shoots on TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Eric said on the World Wrestling Insanity radio show that he gets many questions on his website about TNA. Many fans want to know if they're the next WCW or if he'll ever go to work for them. Here is what he had to say:

"They have not done anything yet and I don’t even know any of those people except maybe Jeff Jarrett and a handful of talent working there. I don't know anyone behind the (scenes). I don't know Dixie Carter. If she showed up in my driveway, I wouldn't recognize her. I don't know anyone over there. I don't know who's doing what. I really don't care. So it's nothing personal here. I'd like to see them succeed…But the truth is, from what I've seen of their product, no one there really gets it. They're a small independent company that's been getting a 1.0 rating for the last five years. ..They keep trying to pull rabbits out of their hat with talent. 'Oh we're gonna bring in Sting and that's gonna turn the business around! ' Well, they brought in Sting, who's obviously a great talent, and guess what? Nothing happened. And then 'We're gonna bring in Christian Cage. It's a big surprise. He's hot in WWE and we got him and it's gonna turn things around.' Guess what? Nothing happened. Then 'We're gonna bring in Kurt Angle and he's the real deal. Things are gonna turn around!' Guess what? Nothing happened. Nothing's ever gonna happen until they get it."

I love Bischoff and what he did for WCW. Its just a shame that they had to fire him and bring in Russo....:(

I think pretty soon a TV deal will get done, and hopefully the ratings and fan attention will go up......what do you guys think???

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Bischoff is 100% right. And I don't believe a 2 hour TV deal will help them. If they had an exciting program it would be pulling in decent ratings already.

Xanner

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with the both of you, Bischoff is 100% Right on all of this

Oasis

Reaction score
^^^^^
You need a smaller sig

And I totally agree with Bischoff

King_Ash

Reaction score
I agree with Bischoff 101% TNA is nothing.

Rell

Reaction score
I agree with Eric to a certain extent...I'm not sure what would help TNA at the moment. If they got an additional hour of television, the product may improve but I'm pretty sure they will get the same 1.0 ratings. I think a move to non-cable television would help them a bit, It would expose them to more casual fans (kids...believe it or not, there is people without cable lol) but whats the possibility of that happening? TNA has shown signs of life, they are now putting on house shows, as well as shows outside of the iNCRAP zone. I'm sure TNA will improve, hell they have made a huge improvement since opening....Just dont expect TNA to be a threat to WWE anytime soon....If ever

I agree with Bischoff 101% TNA is nothing.

I'm pretty sure that is not what Bischoff was saying lol, I think someone needs to read that one more time. I believe Eric was basically saying TNA are not accomplishing anything with the way they are conducting business right now.

Mr. Mat

Tna Needs To Stop Worrieing About What Wwe Is Doing & Do There Own Thing Focus On There Tna Talent Not Ex-Wwe Stars

3lions

Reaction score
Bischoff is completely correct. TNA have done nothing so far and their business plan obviously isn't working, because they haven't grown in the past few years, even with all the 'high-profile' names they have signed. A constant 1.0 rating is a good foundation, but when that number doesn't increase, even with all the stars the company signs, something is wrong.

The main part of Bischoff's comments that I agree with, is the part about TNA 'not getting it.' The product is just 'thrown together' and doesn't make sence. they have loads of guys, but don't know how to use them.

I want TNA to succeed, so that WWE has competition, but I wouldn't care if they folded.

Markz

Reaction score
False. TNA are doing 1.0 ratings because of people like this bashing TNA, (all of who used to work for WWE.) TNA brought in Cage, but he wasn't hot in WWE he was being misused and I was sure he was going to hang up his hat the same goes for Kurt and they brought in Sting who hadn't been major wrestling for years, they knew it would take time for him to take effect on the bussiness. And I wonder how long ago it was when he last saw a TNA show.

P.S. He says he doesn't know the TNA stars barr a hand full, but in TNA a hand full is a quite a bit seeing how small the TNA roster is. He knows:

. Kurt Angle
. Christian Cage
. Sting
. Kevin Nash
. Rhino
. Hector Guerrero
. Team 3D
. Spike Dudley
. Scot Steiner
. Raven
. Jeff Jarret
. Jim Cornette
. Tomko
. Christy hemme
. VKM

That's alot really!

Kaedon

Reaction score
Dude if you multiply that number by at least 2 or 3 you'll get the number of random x-division guys they throw at you. Thats not including the no name tag teams and other "characters" as well.

the dark knight

i agree with bischoff they need somethink big to happen

like dixie carter blowing up her limo

imo, if bischoff had the same supertstars back in wcw, he would still put gr8 shows. tna writers are fucking stupid. i only watched maybe 3 or 4 shows for them and i dont think ill watch it ever again. ty bischoff