Eric Bischoff Presents: The International Wrestling Federation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay

Reaction score
2aj2lpc.jpg

Eric Bischoff Presents: The International Wrestling Federation

Former WCW President, and WWE General Manager, Eric Bischoff find him self bored at his home one Sunday night. It was WrestleMania 25 to be exact. He found himself wanting to be apart of something bigger then what you can believe, and not Wrestlemania. He wanted to start something that would be his, not Ted Turner’s, or Vince McMahon, or even Jeff Jarrett/Dixie Carters. On January 5, 2010, Mr. Eric Bischoff would receive a phone call from Shane McMahon, former Executive Vice President of the WWE…this would be a phone call that would change Eric Bischoff’s world.

Shane had recently left the WWE pursuing a career out of his fathers shadow, and creating his own mark in the world of entertainment. But Shane realized that he was missing something…a daily job. Something to get him up in the morning. But he couldn’t go work for just any company; he had to work for the right company…his company. So he looks into buying out a wrestling company…TNA Wrestling.

The phone call Eric Bischoff had received was to become Shane McMahon’s business partner and handle the wrestling side of things, as Shane McMahon handled the business part of thing. Eric Bischoff accepted as long as he had 100% creative control, which Shane gladly gave over to Eric, and now a working partnership has began.

In Febuary, Shane McMahon and Eric Bischoff both purchased Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling. However, three things that Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter would not sell were the name, video library, and TV Timeslot.

Witht hat being said, TNA Wrestling went off the air in June of 2010, and the International Wrestling Federation began it’s live shows with the following roster:

Sting
Brother Ray
Brother Devon
Chris Sabin
Robert Roode
Matt Morgan
James Storm
Dr. Stevie
Jeff Hardy
Kurt Angle
Lance Cade
Petey Williams
Rob Van Damn
Tommy Dreamer
Kevin Nash
Daniels
Samoa Joe
Frankie Kazarian (Kaz)
"Showtime" Eric Young
Nathan Jones
Jay Lethal
Homicide
The Pope

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Interesting BTB and I look forward to reading it. I'm happy you're not doing the usual WWE brand you're accustomed to Ruben.

Jay

Reaction score
Who are you that you know me...? :p

Sole Survivor

Reaction score
Nice looks of it, Ruben. I like the premise. Cant wait for the first show. Good Luck, nice graphic BTW

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Who are you that you know me...? :p
A ghost from forums past to show you the errors of your ways...

In all seriousness, it's Scott Hall from other forums.

Jay

Reaction score
Hi Scott! Get on MSN :p.

Jay

Reaction score
I will officially star this next week when i can officially stop tethering my internet from my phone and this site doesnt take forever to load.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Alright, I look forward to it Ruben.

Jay

Reaction score
EricBischoff.com
Eric’s Blog # 1: We Will Become Number 1

After spending a few years out of the public eye, I know that it Is time for the world to see Eric Bischoff back in the world of professional wrestling. I had been having these urges, a necessity to return to the world in which gave me a living for most my adult life, and look at me know, I am back. I know have yet another business partner in Shane McMahon, and we are building wrestling the way we want to.

Right now, we may not have any TV time, or PPV slots, but what we have is heart. We will eventually become a top notch company, and will be number 1. But until that day comes, we just got to roll with the punches.

Shane and I just signed a one year deal with the Tennessee State Fair Grounds to use their “Asylum” as our home base for one full year. We will be taping all our shows for future TV/DVD specials, and we hope to have some sort of mass media outlet soon. Check back for more details.

Until Next Time,
“Big E” Eric Bischoff

Jay

Reaction score
EricBischoff.com

Eric’s Blog # 2: The Month Of June

As TNA came to an end on June 3, 2010 during it’s live farewell show, myself and Shane McMahon went into the back to talk to the boys about what the future held. I told them all that none of them would lose their jobs right away, but they were uncertain. Shane made sure to tell them that they are all expected to be in Nashville for the first IWF show in the Asylum, which had just sold out.
Aj Styles spoke out on having to start over again. He said that he didn’t feel like having to start from the bottom to the top. He made it clear. He wasn’t excited about starting over, but whatever.

So the next night we were all in Nashville for the first IWF show. In the main event it was Sting v. Lance Cade, with Sting being screwed over at the end. The fans were in the match the entire time, so we knew we had something special here. Kurt Angle came to be backstage to express how he loves the idea of Eric Bischoff over seeing the IWF, and I told him I loved that idea too. Angle then told me about the World Championship Open, having a 10 man battle Royal for the title. So I thought about it.

We had another show at a local Nashville school gym that Monday Night. 500 people could fit in the gym, and we sold out the gym. This time it was Kurt Angle v. Lance Cade in the main event with Angle going over. As the main event was coming to a close, I was told an Disney Executive was at the security line waiting to speak with me. So of course I took him backstage.

His name was Alex Jones, he was the Executive Vice-President of Sport Programming at Disney-ESPN. Alex made it clear that he felt that IWF has a lot of potential, and he wants to sell the idea of having IWF as one of ABCs Primetime shows. I was exstatic.

He also said that there has to be a way for us to messure how popular we might get nation wide. I explained to him that we have no major mass media outlet. Alex told us to start promoting a PPV event for June 27, 2010. And so we did.

June was looking to be a good month. The Asylum was looking to be a great home for us. Every week we would sell out. We would host 3 shows a week, one at a local college/ high school gym on Mondays, on Wednesdays we would host a State Fair Event, and ten on Fridays we would sell out the Asylum.

Shane McMahon and I had a meeting on June 16, 2010. He explained to me that he wanted nothing to do with Disney-ESPN, so he would be pulling out of the deal, and I would be losing 50% of the monthly finances.

The PPV Company agreed to host our “The Asylum” PPV on June 27th. Shanes last day with the company would be on June 25th, 2010. Many of the boys would lose hope, but we could tell that “The Asylum” PPV would be huge. By the 20th of june, we had already sold over 100,000 presale show, plus sold out the live event plus our off site event (which would host some NWA-Tennessee Wrestling Association Matches).

Shane’s departure would also lead to two stars being let go due to financial downfall: Sting & Kevin Nash. Kevin Nash would leave with Shane. Shane left us to join the UFC Promotion as the Executive VP Of Global Marketing.

“The Asylum” PPV would have to matches as its headliners: Jeff Hardy v. AJ Styles, and Kurt Angle v. Sting in a Championship Cage Match. If sting loses he would be forced to leave IWF. “The Asylum” would end up selling 575,000 units and show promise. Alex Jones would then enter my office and offer a huge contract for IWF to be on ESPN until it would show profitable on ABC’s mainstream channel. We would debute on ESPN on July 14, 2010…IWF Takeover would be a 60 Minute ESPN show.

Until Next Time
“Big E” Eric Bischoff

Jay

Reaction score
EricBischoff.com

Eric’s Blog #3: The Asylum PPV & The Next PPV

Sunday June 27, 2010 marked a prominent night for us. The entire card was stacked. We had 5 Matches for the PPV Special, most of them to be about 20 minutes a piece with some promos and interviews. The one problem I had going into this PPV is we had no commentators. So I would step up and play the role of the play by play announcers, but we ended up finding people to fill those spots…Jim Ross and Abraham Washington. Jim Ross would end up becoming my second in command with IWF as Washington would make the Asylum is first and only IWF show (for the time being).

We would do very good for our First PPV, I would end up getting a call from the PPV companies to host another one on July 25th, 2010…”The Grand Slam” PPV. Heck, we even had August 22, 2010 as our “SummerFest” event, which would be a huge State Fair event as well, but that’s a different story.

Over “The Asylum” ended up being a huge night. Jim Ross and I tried our beast to keep it all down, but it was pretty hard. We had stars acting up. People from the NWA-TWA acting up and getting canned from the card that night with no pay, and not many people were happy with that.

Disney would end up showing that they were interested in us by “donating” or “lending” us their top of the line sound, lighting, and pyro equipment. We would end up buying it from them within the year, but it was a nice litte touch knowing the network had some investment in us.

One guy made a huge impression on Jim Ross and myself. His name was Lucky Cannon. We ended up inviting him to our Monday Night Show (Known as Monday Night Live). Lucky would end up joining our roster officially. He would end up traveling between IWF, TWA, and ROH.

Angle would end up being our champion, and we would end the month of June on a high note…. selling out the University of Nashville Stadium.
Untile Next Time
“Big E” Eric Bischoff

Jay

Reaction score
EricBischoff.com

Eric's Blog #4: Sting's Retirement & University of Nashville

The night was at an end, and the crowd was on their feet shouting "One More Match", and it seemed like a perfect farewell to the wrestling world. The fans wanted and thirsted for more, but he was saying goodbye. Sting has just wrestling his last match.The biggest unfortunate part of this was that he wasnt leaving on his own terms. He was leaving because we didnt have the money for him. The good thing? He is leaving with one hell of a match to say he retired to.

I had spoken with Sting, talking about how we can always change it so that Sting walks out as Champions, and have a rematch down the line at The Grand Slam, but he said this is what was best. So we said goodbye. He made it clear, however, that he will be back eventually. We just never know when.

Our last show in June would be in the University of Nashville Stadium, which we sold out. We may have sold it out, but not to actual people. All the tickets were purchased by Scalpers who sold them again for even higher prices. We filled maybe 20% of the seats, which wasnt fun. I mean, we had a blast putting on the show and what not, but we were disappointed not to see a packed house. But it wouldnt be the only bad showing we would have...

Until Next Time
Eric Bischoff

Jay

Reaction score
How you guys likein it so far?