Eric Bischoff details recent health scare

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mtkzndiwmju5ndm1mji3mdqz-2.jpg

Eric Bischoff recently suffered a health scare that doctors say almost took his life.

The 66-year-old detailed what happened on an episode of his 83 Weeks podcast, saying his problems started when he added a fiber supplement to his diet.

"I'm hypoglycemic, meaning if I have a candy bar, I'll pass out," he said.
"I'm reading about all this stuff and one of the things I read was using a supplement like Metamucil or, in this case, I used...psyllium husks. So, I'm thinking I'm going to add these psyllium husks to my repertoire."
I'm looking at the directions and it says 'Recommended one to three tablespoons.' And I'm going, 'Well, that's for the average person.' Since I spent 30 years in the wrestling busingess, I know that if one to three is good for the average person that I need a minimum of four to five, because that's how that works. That's where I stopped, I didn't read the rest of the directions, especially the important part that said, 'Don't start out with a maximum dose right away, work your way up to it.'
Bischoff then drank the psyllium husks in a smoothie. Later that day, he went to the bathroom and began passing blood.

I get up, go to the bathroom, and I'm passing buckets of blood, like lots of it," Bischoff continued.
He wasn't feeling any other symptoms other than passing blood, however, so Bischoff decided to just go to bed and hope the problem resolved by morning. He also noted that he did not inform his wife about the situation.

Late that night, he checked his blood pressure and it was very low. He told his wife that he needed to go to the hospital and passed out immediately after. After coming to, he took a shower as he waited for the ambulance and blacked out again.

"The moral of the story is just read the f***ing directions," he continued.
Doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him but sent him home after it appeared the bleeding had stopped. Two days later he passed out and started passing blood again. He went back to the hospital and spent a couple of days in the ICU. Doctors still couldn't figure out where the bleeding was coming from.

"So, now they are having a discussion with me about how much of my intestines they are going to surgically remove, and give me a little bag.
And I'm going, 'Oh no, we're not doing anything' but the doctor was pretty serious."
The doctors told Bischoff they were going to perform surgery and they might need to remove some of his intestines. However, 10 minutes into the procedure, they determined he was bleeding too much for them to continue. They also informed Bischoff's wife that the hospital was out of his blood type.

I had used up all of the blood they had at the hospital or in the county where I live in. So, they put me in a helicopter and life-flighted me up to Billings, Montana because they had better equipment and experienced surgeons up there and all that kind of stuff.
Bischoff then spent another day or two in the ICU and started to feel better. He also stopped passing blood but the doctors were hesitant to let him leave the hospital. They performed more tests to determine the cause of the bleeding but doctors said they couldn't find anything wrong with him.

"It was a complete mystery. And I'm thinking, "It's not a mystery, I know exactly what happened. I took those three big heaping tablespoons of psyllium.'
The lining of your intestines are so vascular that it heals very, very quickly so over the course of 24 hours, whatever I tore up healed and now with all the tests they had, they couldn't tell me what was wrong with me. But I knew, I told the doctor, I said, 'I'm pretty sure' because it was the only thing that I did differently.
The doctor did tell me, he said, 'You almost died twice, you almost died in Cody and you almost died here.'"
Bischoff says he's feeling fine now and even went to a sushi bar not long after being discharged from the hospital.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
"The moral of the story is just read the f***ing directions," he continued.

noted