• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Elimination Chamber announced for Perth, Australia!

Crocker

Pretty cool that they are spreading the PLE’s around the world, Berlin are also getting on in August and SRS is saying that Paris is inline for Backlash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Pretty cool that they are spreading the PLE’s around the world, Berlin are also getting on in August and SRS is saying that Paris is inline for Backlash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling they're only doing this because the international crowds give a better reaction than most US crowds. THats kinda sad if you think about it.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Could be both tbh. I mean they definitely are getting paid. But those crowds also are hungry for shows, so they are hot and the WWE knows that

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I have a feeling they're only doing this because the international crowds give a better reaction than most US crowds. THats kinda sad if you think about it.
What's sad about it? American live entertainment is so commercialized to the point where a lot of the people who attend events do not represent the most hardcore sections of the fanbase, and they're obviously not gonna be traveling to make every stop across the nation. WWE rarely appears in these international markets so of course the real diehards who live there are going to make a point to attend, thus you have a crowd filled with huge fans who are grateful to be there versus a crowd that is generallu a mixture of people who actually care and people who are just there because they had money and a night off, but probably no real investment in the product.

Dale

Super Moderator
They might do one UK event a year if they weren't getting paid but I highly doubt they would be going anywhere else other than Saudi just for crowd reactions.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
I mean yeah you’re probably right. I guess it depends who reached out to who and how it was all set up. I’m happy either way as it’s nice to see shows with crowds are into it and really loud.

The Gipper

The Gipper
I don't remember where i saw this but I could have sworn Nick Khan was reportedly the one that pushed them to do more international events so with that in mind, it's probably more the money option than Nick suddenly caring about crowd reaction.

Dale

Super Moderator
Like, what was the last international PLE they did before they started getting paid to them places? First one that springs to mind for me is Beast in the East when they ran Japan but even then I think that was a glorified house show just broadcast on the Network?

Crocker

If you count Puerto Rico then it will be New Years Revolution 2005 before that it would be the UK only PPV’s what ended in 2003.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Like, what was the last international PLE they did before they started getting paid to them places? First one that springs to mind for me is Beast in the East when they ran Japan but even then I think that was a glorified house show just broadcast on the Network?

Super Showdown in Australia, it was so much like a Saudi show we always forget