Elimination Chamber Elimination Chamber 2009: Can It Be Repeated Again This Year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
First, let me throwback to my favourite Elimination Chamber PPV of all time, No Way Out 2009. Here's the final match:

And now I ask this: if the WWE were to repeat this spot (a wrestler attacking a confirmed entrant to take their place in the EC match), a) What match do you think would be more likely to have it? (i.e Men's match or Women's match), b) Who do you think will attack whom and replace them?, and c) How do you think it would play out? (Will the "Edge" person win the match like he did back in 2009, will doing what they did set up a new feud for WrestleMania? etc.)

I think if it is going to happen it is going to happen in the Men's match (since the men had to qualify facing other Superstars whereas the women were just picked), and it will be Finn (with The Club) attacking Miz, setting up a double-turn and a Balor Club vs. Miz + Miztourage match at WM for the IC title (If Finn's team wins Finn becomes IC whereas if Miz's team wins Miz retains). Balor won't win the match in that case obviously.

Tell us what you think about this fun hypothetical

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
There was no Elimination Chamber that year. It was called No Way Out. Just gonna point that out.

As for the men...I could see someone like Jason Jordan attacking someone to "prove his worth"

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think Jordan will still be injured by the time the PPV comes around? And yeah I know it was called No Way Out back then, but it essentially still the same PPV

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I would have it be in the woman's match. After Nia Jax loses her match against Asuka earlier in the night. She attacks Bayley during her entrance and takes her spot in the chamber. I would have Nia be eliminated by Sasha, after she eliminates most of the competition.

...sorry Bayley

Reactions: bullyballmm

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
^That sounds like a good idea. Although I would have her attack Sasha. They have history and also it just gives Sasha another reason to snap and turn heel

Reactions: Redboy123@

Redboy123@

Reaction score
^That sounds like a good idea. Although I would have her attack Sasha. They have history and also it just gives Sasha another reason to snap and turn heel
Yeah I agree of a Sasha heel turn. But I feel taking out without a doubt the best wrestler in the match would be a bad idea, especially in the chamber. That match could stink without Sasha.

I think (Just like the rumble) Sasha will eliminate Bayley. To tease her more bossy heel character

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
^That's debatable. She has messed up in the past (see: Hell in a Cell match). But when she does well she is amazing. I just want her to be a more consistent worker

Redboy123@

Reaction score
^ Is it debatable that Sasha is the best wrestler in the match? Sure Bayley and Mickie are good. But i don't think that they will be able to carry Sonya Alexa and Mandy. I don't even think Sasha can tbh. If we are going by consistency and form, then sasha has been on fire at the moment

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Oh I agree at the moment she has been on fire. Hopefully Bayley and Mickie will be able to carry the others too.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Balor Club vs. Miz + Miztourage match at WM for the IC title (If Finn's team wins Finn becomes IC whereas if Miz's team wins Miz retains). Balor won't win the match in that case obviously.
Miz vs. Balor one on one is a MUCH better idea. Just let the two teams brawl at ringside, get taken out by a Balor suicide dive, then have Miz pin Balor as he rushes back into the ring. No reason to add the other four guys into the match whenever they don't draw whatsoever compared to Miz and Balor. Nobody buys a ticket to WrestleMania to see Curtis Axel wrestle.

As for this spot being done, I'd say have Jericho attack either Miz or Balor during their entrance. I'm assuming Balor wins the fatal four-way on RAW to enter the match since he's the biggest star in that match. Jericho vs. Miz would focus on Jericho taking issue with Miz proclaiming himself the greatest IC champ or whatever and with Miz coming close to Jericho's record. Jericho vs. Balor would be more of a dream match and what I'd probably go for if I was gonna put Jericho on the card.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
What about Jericho attacking Elias? Setting up a match at Mania? They had a run in backstage on RAW 25

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
What about Jericho attacking Elias? Setting up a match at Mania? They had a run in backstage on RAW 25
A Solomonster fan proposed the idea of Elias interrupting a Kid Rock concert to shit on the Hall of Fame inductees or the Rock's "Rock Concert" at 'Mania, and I like both of those ideas, so I'd rather go with those. That being said, both would end with him getting laid out (either a Rock Bottom or a Goldberg spear), so I'd just have him take a finisher in that segment instead of having an eight second match like the Rock/Wyatt segment.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
First, let me throwback to my favourite Elimination Chamber PPV of all time, No Way Out 2009. Here's the final match:

And now I ask this: if the WWE were to repeat this spot (a wrestler attacking a confirmed entrant to take their place in the EC match), a) What match do you think would be more likely to have it? (i.e Men's match or Women's match), b) Who do you think will attack whom and replace them?, and c) How do you think it would play out? (Will the "Edge" person win the match like he did back in 2009, will doing what they did set up a new feud for WrestleMania? etc.)

I think if it is going to happen it is going to happen in the Men's match (since the men had to qualify facing other Superstars whereas the women were just picked), and it will be Finn (with The Club) attacking Miz, setting up a double-turn and a Balor Club vs. Miz + Miztourage match at WM for the IC title (If Finn's team wins Finn becomes IC whereas if Miz's team wins Miz retains). Balor won't win the match in that case obviously.

Tell us what you think about this fun hypothetical

I think your taste in PPV's is hiarious. MIKE KNOX, BEST CHAMBER EVER!

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I think your taste in PPV's is hiarious. MIKE KNOX, BEST CHAMBER EVER!
Hey, that chamber's better than the most recent ones. When was the last good elimination chamber match?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Hey, that chamber's better than the most recent ones. When was the last good elimination chamber match?
Bray Wyatt winning and finally being on top. Last good one in recent memory. Other than that, yeah, like all of them sucked.