El Generico Signs With WWE!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
PWPonderings.com reports that several sources, including two promoters and a top independent talent, have confirmed to them that El Generico has signed with WWE. Generico has has been working in PWG, EVOLVE, CHIKARA and ROH recently.

- ewrestlingnews.com

Not sure if this is a reliable source or not but it's being reported all over, please let it be true. Many are saying this is why he was taken out of PWG's DDT4, horrible timing! A Steen reunion would've been the perfect way to end his indy run.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
If he is used correctly this could be entertaining for us fans.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
On one hand, I'm absolutely gutted. Whether ROH, PWG, CHIKARA or DG:USA, Generico is usually a highlight of any show he's on.

On the other, I'm delighted for him. Another one of those Indy guys who had the "WWE will never sign him" tag, he's finally being awarded for his years of great work and finally has the chance to earn good money and make those years of wrecking his body worth it.

One of, if not THE best Indy wrestlers today. Biggest loss to the Independent scene since Danielson signed with the 'E.

Many are saying this is why he was taken out of PWG's DDT4, horrible timing! A Steen reunion would've been the perfect way to end his indy run.

Looking around, I don't see him booked for any upcoming Indy shows. DDT4 is this weekend, so I wouldn't rule out one last appearance by Generico to close the book on his rivalry with Steen. What a emotional moment that could be.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
On one hand, I'm absolutely gutted. Whether ROH, PWG, CHIKARA or DG:USA, Generico is usually a highlight of any show he's on.

On the other, I'm delighted for him. Another one of those Indy guys who had the "WWE will never sign him" tag, he's finally being awarded for his years of great work and finally has the chance to earn good money and make those years of wrecking his body worth it.

One of, if not THE best Indy wrestlers today. Biggest loss to the Independent scene since Danielson signed with the 'E.

Looking around, I don't see him booked for any upcoming Indy shows. DDT4 is this weekend, so I wouldn't rule out one last appearance by Generico to close the book on his rivalry with Steen. What a emotional moment that could be.

Very emotional but still a good move for him and for us fans provided WWE doesn't goof this up.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
- ewrestlingnews.com

Not sure if this is a reliable source or not but it's being reported all over, please let it be true. Many are saying this is why he was taken out of PWG's DDT4, horrible timing! A Steen reunion would've been the perfect way to end his indy run.

ASK AND YE SHALL FUCKING RECIEVE!

PWG ‏@OfficialPWG
Even though he's injured, El Generico insists on being at PWG for DDT4! He's back in the tournament with Kevin Steen!

Holy crap this show just got epic!

Castiel

Reaction score
I would love that, he should get a chance to say goodbye. It is indeed bittersweet though. Generico always guarantees an amazing show on any card but it's hard not to be happy for him and hopefully we'll get to see him on a weekly basis soon enough.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Since I highly doubt they'll make him drop the mask, it's going to be weird when they change his name, which I have no doubt they will. It also kind of sucks for me, since I don't watch WWE anymore, which means I've lost another big piece of why I'm still watching wrestling at all. However, I wish him all the best, he's easily a top 5 guy right now, and the sky's the limit for him in the 'E if they aren't too stupid to figure that out.

-CM-

Reaction score
Is they allow him to keep "OLE OLE OLE" he'll get over rapidly.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I don't watch WWE anymore, which means I've lost another big piece of why I'm still watching wrestling at all.

My friend why do you not watch it anymore?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
My friend why do you not watch it anymore?
I don't have the time to devote to it, I don't particularly like anything about the product and I'd rather watch indy wrestling. Every once in awhile I'll watch a match if I think I'll like it, but there's more than enough indy stuff to keep me busy.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I don't have the time to devote to it, I don't particularly like anything about the product and I'd rather watch indy wrestling. Every once in awhile I'll watch a match if I think I'll like it, but there's more than enough indy stuff to keep me busy.

I can understand that.

Castiel

Reaction score
At least you'll have Youtube clips to watch! The name will definitely be changed but always remember because it's the best name ever, it would be so weird seeing him without the mask and a totally serious actually generic superstar. Hopefully that doesn't happen, either way Generico will find a way to entertain!

Reaction score
I'm happy for Generico, but I can't stop looking at the bad in this. PWG is losing their top guy in the history of their company and the WWE is gaining someone I just can't see will utilize properly. Glad Generico's finally going to make some big money, but PWG had just recovered from the loss of Kings of Wrestling. Now they have to start all over with an even bigger loss.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm sure he'll be used right and if he's not cant he just ask for his release?

Reaction score
I'm sure he'll be used right and if he's not cant he just ask for his release?

That doesn't even cover my biggest disappointment about this signing...

And really, asking for your release (Or being fired) means you just lost a year or longer during your prime.