El Generico :sad:

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Uncle Zeb said:
Or is he Mexican? Canexican? Mexicanada? Those people coming over and steal our jobs.

Mexico North :steiner:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
There will be no hollering here sir :willis:

You get no sympi from me :steiner:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
I'll wait until he is on TV until forming an opinion on his gimmick. He's a talented and charismatic guy so I think he could make most gimmicks work. And since he is wrestling in what appears to be an old pair of Del Rio trunks I still think they are just trying something out. Maybe he wanted to try working without the mask.

I was responding to your idea of debut him as a guy who people say has no charisma, and then he goes and puts on the mask etc. I think it's a bad idea. People would lose interest quickly and then makes his fun mask gimmick look like just that -- a gimmick. In wrestling you want it to seem real and not that they're ACTING like that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I can't believe there are still some blind optimists when it comes to WWE.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
I'll wait until he is on TV until forming an opinion on his gimmick. He's a talented and charismatic guy so I think he could make most gimmicks work. And since he is wrestling in what appears to be an old pair of Del Rio trunks I still think they are just trying something out. Maybe he wanted to try working without the mask.

Completely agree with the first part. Generico is an outstanding entertainer, so I do think he'll do well regardless, and he'll likely make any gimmick work and be able to adapt to it.

As far as the other things you've posted, I appreciate you sharing the optimism. I hadn't thought about / didn't know how WWE was as far as having them try different things while in developmental before deciding their final gimmick, etc. So that's good to know.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The fact that WWE is dumb enough to have to try other shit, even if they eventually settle on his traditional gimmick, is extremely off putting. They just don't get it, it seems.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
This is a bit concerning but yeah, they seem to be just trying something out, no harm there I suppose.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I can't believe there are still some blind optimists when it comes to WWE.

I don't think many people are being WWE optimists, it seems to be more Generico optimists if anything.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Suppose they could just be working on a new mask design and keeping him match fit. Thats the WWE optimist in me sorry Dolphs.