• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

El Generico :sad:

PSachkovsky

The Artiste
Stopspot said:
You are underselling WWE and what the WWE wrestlers do quite a bit there. You say that WWE is not about wrestling, in 2012 alone we have seen an increase in amount of time spent in the ring of a whole 33% on RAW alone. More focus is put on wrestling and talented wrestlers with the rise of guys like Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Antonio Cesaro and Alberto Del Rio. They revamped their developmental system to make it the best one in the business by far and have scoured the independent scene for good talent with wrestling experience instead of mainly focusing on College athletes.

And yet, I still didn't see anything special from Seth Rolling, and Antonio Cesaro (who is a great wrestler) is going to lose his belt to someone like The Miz, just so the WWE can shove Ric Flair down our throats. Alberto Del Rio has a poor run as a champion, and it is all set for him to lose to Jack "Weed The People" Swagger.

Gimmicks are important because every wrestler needs a character that they can work, not every wrestler can work the same gimmick but the only way to find out the correct gimmick is to experiment, which is what they do on NXT. 2012 and 2013 have seen the return of more clear cut gimmicks anyways. Your statement that a gimmick doesn't matter is in my opinion Asinine since it is obvious that it does, prime example being Bray Wyatt, the former Husky Harris didn't really get over as Husky but once he made the switch to Bray he became so much greater. Some guys don't need a character and prefer working with character traits instead (Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, The Miz and Dolph Ziggler etc) whilst others prefer working in a character (Undertaker, Bray Wyatt, Damian Sandow and Kane to name a few).

Husky Harris? That's the example you give me? Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd do NOTHING at all to me. I don't even think there's any appeal in this two guys. Dolph Ziggler soon to turn face, and obviously become stale.

Your statement that WWE doesn't care about wrestling is also one I don't see how you can argue for. WWE puts out 7 and a half hours of wrestling a week. They obviously do care about a business that they helped bring into the mainstream. They don't hype social media more than any other media company. It's the culture of our society and age.

You forgetting the bunch of commercials they shove down our throats. In a 3 hour show, you have 2 hours of commercials and fillers and only 1 hour of wrestling. So your argument is invalid. The fact that the WWE tries not to show the wrestlers own entrance is even more pathetic. The fact that Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler start talking about Tout in the middle of a match, shows very much how the WWE cares about wrestling.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
PSachkovsky said:
And yet, I still didn't see anything special from Seth Rolling, and Antonio Cesaro (who is a great wrestler) is going to lose his belt to someone like The Miz, just so the WWE can shove Ric Flair down our throats. Alberto Del Rio has a poor run as a champion, and it is all set for him to lose to Jack "Weed The People" Swagger.

Shove one of the greatest wrestlers of all time down our throats? He's a manager at best, he won't be main eventing any PPVs champ. Also ADR will go over Swagger brah.

Husky Harris? That's the example you give me? Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd do NOTHING at all to me. I don't even think there's any appeal in this two guys. Dolph Ziggler soon to turn face, and obviously become stale.

Bray Wyatt is great, Gabriel and Kidd are great workers whether they do anything for you or not, I don't see how you can dispute their talent even if you don't like them. Ziggler is turning face, where do you get that from?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD3-dWA-JG4[/yt]

Listen to this guys speak.

You forgetting the bunch of commercials they shove down our throats. In a 3 hour show, you have 2 hours of commercials and fillers and only 1 hour of wrestling. So your argument is invalid. The fact that the WWE tries not to show the wrestlers own entrance is even more pathetic. The fact that Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler start talking about Tout in the middle of a match, shows very much how the WWE cares about wrestling.

This is mad hyperbole, 2 hours of commercials really? The WWE had CM Punk as their champion for 400 + days of course they care about wrestling brah.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
PSachkovsky said:
Not sure how you can consider Del Rio's title run, which a large part of this forum and obviously a very large part of the WWE fans find entertaining considering how over ADR is. The feud with Swagger is in itself a well booked program. You not seeing anything in Rollins or Cesaro I will have to chalk up to your personal taste but if you cannot see that both these guys are stars in the making then I will personally have to question your taste. Rollins is one of the hottest prospects in the last 5 or so years who rose to Indy hero status insanely fast. Cesaro's body of work should speak for itself.

I will have to chalk this up to you not knowing who Bray Wyatt is. Look up Husky Harris if you don't remember him. Then look up Bray Wyatt and witness what can only be described as a fantastic transformation. The reason for using Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel is because they are the perfect example of guys getting over without gimmicks. They get over on their ring style and ability to work exciting matches whilst Bray Wyatt has become insanely over due to his abilities on the stick and conveying and living his character. Your statement about Ziggler seems ludicrous there is no evidence of Dolph turning face.

The amount of commercials and when they are to air is not up to WWE. That is up to the networks that broadcast their programming, they decide when their will be ads, how many times during the show and for how long. WWE has to make good on this or be pulled off the air, WWE is big but not so big that they can demand having no commercials from the USA network. That's the way TV works. As for Tout and other social media. WWE is a publicly traded company, it gets invested in by investors who fund it and who in turn want to turn a profit. WWE has a responsibility to do good by their investors and their other projects like Tout. Plus as I said, we live in the era of social media. You will see people hyping social media in any form of media now adays.

In no way was any of my points invalid.

Stopspot

This is a personal favorite when it comes to Wyatt promos. He is so damn good at conveying emotions.

Stopspot

Uncle Zeb said:
I'm confused, apparently you quoted me Stop.

Since you posted your replies to Pasch within his quote your text did not show up since it was a quote within a quote. Anyways watch that promo. Wyatt is pure magic there.

Cloud

Champion
WWE have calmed down with social media its no where near as annoying as it first was. Hey they give us WWE Active so u can watch the wrestling during the ads on RAW so thats definite support for wrestling right there. Plus the amount if wrestling we see on RAW has increased dramatically. Dig out an episode from two years ago and watch its mind numbing at times filled with pointless crap. Least now its mainly segments to push stories and the recap level has cut down.

As for not rating Cesaro well ur choice but he is imo hugely talented and his matches are where my phone or music go off and I watch intently.

Stopspot

Cloud said:
WWE have calmed down with social media its no where near as annoying as it first was. Hey they give us WWE Active so u can watch the wrestling during the ads on RAW so thats definite support for wrestling right there. Plus the amount if wrestling we see on RAW has increased dramatically. Dig out an episode from two years ago and watch its mind numbing at times filled with pointless crap. Least now its mainly segments to push stories and the recap level has cut down.

As for not rating Cesaro well ur choice but he is imo hugely talented and his matches are where my phone or music go off and I watch intently.
I.....think you got the wrong thread Cloud.