Edge reportedly removed from internal WWE roster *as active talent

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Never forget Edge did what Orton did and used AEW to get WWE to sweeten their deal years ago

But it wouldn’t surprise me if he was actually done this time.

That 25 year anniversary show in Toronto was the perfect goodbye

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Never forget Edge did what Orton did and used AEW to get WWE to sweeten their deal years ago

But it wouldn’t surprise me if he was actually done this time.

That 25 year anniversary show in Toronto was the perfect goodbye
True but I think ppl are kind of underselling he has 3 best friends in aew n could make a lot of money. I don't disagree wwe could make a late push but according to srs as late as today is that ppl in WWE believe he's going to aew. As always tho in wrestling dont fully believe anything unless it happens. But nah i doubt he retires fully he's still got juice in the tank

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
True but I think ppl are kind of underselling he has 3 best friends in aew n could make a lot of money. I don't disagree wwe could make a late push but according to srs as late as today is that ppl in WWE believe he's going to aew. As always tho in wrestling dont fully believe anything unless it happens. But nah i doubt he retires fully he's still got juice in the tank
I get it.

FTR are there. Christian is there. And Adam(Not Edge) has said “I don’t have a lot of punches left on this bump card”

So you’re probably getting 1 year(maybe less) and it has to end with Christian. Does it do what they did in Toronto, with the match he had with Sheamus and the fact that they dedicated that entire show to him?

Personally, it’s a possibility he jumps. But realistically, I think he either re-ups for one more year or calls it quits. And I’m leaning towards him calling it quits.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
all just a ploy to surprise us of his rumble entrance again

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
The Freddie Prinze first annual rumble.

Tommy Thunder

Reaction score
I'm not sure it's so clear cut that he's done with WWE. when I saw his contract was up I immediately thought that he was AEW-bound but now I'm not so sure. The fact that they've put him back on the 'internal roster' under the miscellaneous seciton tells me they're working on trying to get him to stay. I feel like his WWE return run has been a little wasted. He spent soooo long feuding with Seth Rollins initially, and it's a shame that he was then out of action for a long spell (I wonder if that time was added to his contract? Missed the news if it was).

He would be a much needed boost to AEW if he went there though. there's so much potential, and I'm pretty sure he said in the past that he wanted another Edge and Christian run before he retires. Contract is up at the end of September I believe so we'll see what happens!

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I hope TK doesn't book a ladder match with the Hardy's first off.......since the Dudley's signed a legends deal.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Last thing the Hardy’s need in 2023 is to be anywhere near a ladder

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
How many times are weirdos who screen every website going to leap to shit that should be taken as an actual news?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
While speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted just like with Drew McIntyre and LA Knight, Edge is also far apart on money with WWE for a new deal. This was brought up when discussing Jade Cargill being far apart on money with AEW and her expected arrival in WWE.

“It's the same thing with Edge and McIntyre. Not that those deals are dead in WWE, but they're not close on money. And that's where it stands. It's not like somebody, you know, whatever these people ask for. It's not like it's a rubber stamp even though WWE is loaded with money. Tony's running a business. WWE is running a business. They have an idea of a salary scale. WWE can afford anything and anyone, but they're not. They have a mental salary scale of what people in certain positions get. And some of the guys want more or think that they deserve something commensurate to people that the company thinks are higher level and they think they're at the same level of. So that's kind of the situation. And it goes again on both sides."​

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Idk what the big deal is if he goes to AEW. He already had an incredible four year return to WWE. There’s probably a shit ton of guys he wants to work with in AEW not to mention the Edge and Christian reunion. Do I think it’s gonna happen? Honestly I feel like no, he’s still gonna stay in WWE but idk why everyone is up in arms about the possibility. He’s already done everything there is to do in WWE so if he wants to jump ship and have new matches for the last few years of his career then by all means.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze