Edge or HHH Changing Brands?, Who’s Owning WWE, Tonight’s RAW, More

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

- IGN.com has released a trailer promoting the “Create a Legend†feature in the upcoming Legends of WrestleMania video game. The mode appears to be similar to the “Create a Wrestler†feature in the SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 video game, but with a number of added attires to create past WWE stars such as “Macho Man†Randy Savage, Mick Foley and Giant Gonzalez.

- Craig sent the following: I thought you guys might find this one here interesting… In filing Schedule 13G’s this past week WWE’s major stock holders were revealed. Vince and Linda McMahon obviously control the majority of stock but the other major players are: Shane McMahon (7.40%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (6.95%), Stephanie McMahon (6.92%), ClearBridge Advisors, LLC ( 4.91%), Blackrock Inc. (4.28%), Artisan Partners Limited Partnership (3.5%), and Neuberger Berman Inc. (2.4%).

- WWE will tape this week’s ECW and tonight’s RAW from the Spokane Arena from Spokane, WA. Christian Cage is advertised for ECW as he is expected to further the challenge to Jack Swagger for the ECW Championship. The only match as of this writing confirmed for RAW is the Melina vs. Beth Phoenix match for the Women’s Title. Advertised locally is a big six-man match with DX reuniting to team with John Cena against Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes and Randy Orton.

It will be interesting to see if the new WWE Champion Triple H comes over to the RAW brand or Edge keeps the World Title on RAW. Right now on the WWE roster pages, both Edge and Triple H are still listed as Champions on the SmackDown brand. The WWE website says this: Tracing the evening’s progression, from opening match to final moments, the first man pinned was ultimately the last man standing – a testament to the unpredictability of WWE. The most intriguing fact behind the mayhem, however, is that the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania is a mere six weeks away and the two top titles in WWE now belong to the Friday night brand. With newly crowned World Heavyweight Champion Edge and WWE Champion Triple H sharing the SmackDown stage, just how erratic will the Road to WrestleMania get?

Source - WNZ

Evil Austin

I say Triple H is going to go to Raw? you just said in your post that there is a DX renunion on Raw so...that pretty much covers my point. And plus it will probably be H vs. Orton at Mania because that is much more plausable then Edge vs. Orton - Heel vs. Heel on the 25th anaversary of Mania wouldn't go well with the crowd.

The Rated R CMStar

I say Triple H is going to go to Raw?

You're asking us whatyou said?

? you just said in your post that there is a DX renunion on Raw so...that pretty much covers my point

Not necessarily. Rey Mysterio wrestles in all California shows, even if they are from SD, and that doesnt mean he is jumping to that brand

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Wow, HHH couldn't even take one year on "the B show," and of course had to pin Undertaker clean before he left. :disgust1:

Though with HHH back on RAW, we could see something of a Legacy/Evolution feud...

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Advertised locally is a big six-man match with DX reuniting to team with John Cena against Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes and Randy Orton.

I think more than likely, this will be a dark match main event. A match like this seems like something they would advertise.

This Guy

I think Triple H & Edge will make appearences on both shows, but will remain with Smackdown. Triple H will defend to Randy Orton who will cash in his Rumble Title shot, resulting in Orton going to Smackdown. John Cena will then in turn execute his rematch clause for Wrestlemania facing Edge for the World Title. Both belts will change hands at WM (which kinda devalues the belts because they have changed so much recently well the WWE Title anyways). Post WM the week later at the draft the big moves will include Edge being drafted officially to Raw. Rhodes & Dibiase to Smackdown to join with Orton again to set up the Colons vs. Legacy for the Tag Titles.

MikeRaw

Wow, HHH couldn't even take one year on "the B show," and of course had to pin Undertaker clean before he left. :disgust1:
Damn, I mssed the part where it said that :shifty:.

Though with HHH back on RAW, we could see something of a Legacy/Evolution feud...

Ya, too bad Batista is injured though. I mean, I'm kinda glad he is (he's stale), but if there's ever a Ledacy vs Evolution feud, Batista would probably have to be in it. Or else it'd just be Orton vs HHH again.

Wordlife

I think This Guy said it best... Orton fights HHH and wins the title, ultimately keeping him on SD. Edge fights Cena cause Cena will be cashing in his rematch clause at WM and also winning. Edge stays on Raw being drafted then during the after-WM draft... Orton stays on SD. Christian and Legacy(and others) jump to SD, Edge and MVP (and others) jump to Raw.

This Guy

I don't recall saying anything about MVP or Christian. lol However I've been thinking about this for the last couple minutes and I think Edge might actually retain at Mania but still get drafted to Raw.

Wordlife

^lol I added in the MVP and Christian part, everything else is what you said. I just see it logical for them to jump brands, only cause they would fit in better there.

Airfixx

Nah, I think Vince will feel the need for SOME face-derived feel-good-factor at WM... And IF anything is 'certain' it's that Orton walks away with gold(*) and thus Edge won't leave with a title.

(*Which, whether intentional or not, would be the first heel to WIN a world title at WM).

This Guy

Nah, I think Vince will feel the need for SOME face-derived feel-good-factor at WM... And IF anything is 'certain' it's that Orton walks away with gold(*) and thus Edge won't leave with a title.

(*Which, whether intentional or not, would be the first heel to WIN a world title at WM).

I'm sure Yokozuna (9), Austin (17) will disagree. Not to mention Austin went on last and was allied with McMahon at the end of the show....they certainly didn't go home happy.....and its not like its the first Mania where they haven't gone home happy.

Hardcastle

Reaction score
I don't know, but I still think Stephanie is gonna join Orton sooner or later..It adds to the match I guess

noumenon

It is expected for the new WWE Champion Triple H to move to the Raw brand since Smackdown has two champions. He moved to Smackdown to help the show with a smooth transition to the new network, and with MyNetworkTV becoming a rerun network and Raw ratings slipping, a move to Raw will boost the ratings leading up to WrestleMania.

With the recent tease of Stephanie McMahon talking to someone on the phone, Triple H will be revealed as the person she has been talking to. Randy Orton could put Stephanie in danger and Triple H would run out to save her. Vickie Guerrero and Stephanie will meet and agree to swap their champions.
(Source: Ewrestlingnews.com)

I didn't want to post this in a different thread...there's enough already for this stuff. I don't know how much truth there is to this but it would seem like the most practical and option...also the one that makes the most sense. Rather than seperate Edge from Vicky abrubtly and have the two top heels in the company on one show. It would also eliminate the problem of Orton having to cross over to Smackdown, leaving Legacy behind.

Hardcastle

Reaction score
Vickie Guerrero and Stephanie will meet and agree to swap their champions.

How could they ? Edge and HHH are both SD superstars, but maybe I misunderstood your point lol