Edge and Cena feud was overrated sorry but it’s true.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Toothlessagression78

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
The wwe tried so hard to make this feud epic they truly did and it just fell flat.. and you already knew sooner or later supercena was going to win the feud anyway.

They had a crappy match at the royal rumble typical Cena. Edge wins the belt at New Years revolution yet he can’t even keep it for a full month because he has to drop it to fucking Cena.

Later on down the road they had a forgettable match at summerslam. With edge cheating to win yay typical heel shit.

Then they have an utterly predictable match at unforgiven, If Cena loses he’s off raw oooooh there’s such excitement even though you knew god damn good and well Cena wasn’t leaving raw.

fact is the wwe tried and tried to cram it down your throat and it just didn’t work.. Edge is decent but him as singles wrestler? ehh don’t know if that ever fully worked out I don’t think it did honestly, And Cena of course what more needs to be said about him?

• Haha
Reactions: edge4ever

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Edge is decent but him as singles wrestler? ehh don’t know if that ever fully worked out I don’t think it did honestly, And Cena of course what more needs to be said about him

What needs to be said about Cena is he is a huge draw; he draws boys to his matches. WWE isn't going to book him to lose repeatedly. Internet wrestling community has been bashing Cena for well over a decade but the truth is he does job to his opponents.

Edge was very successful as a singles wrestler. He had enough four-star matches that Dave Meltzer said he should be inducted into the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame.

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The wwe tried so hard to make this feud epic they truly did and it just fell flat.. and you already knew sooner or later supercena was going to win the feud anyway.

They had a crappy match at the royal rumble typical Cena. Edge wins the belt at New Years revolution yet he can’t even keep it for a full month because he has to drop it to fucking Cena.

Later on down the road they had a forgettable match at summerslam. With edge cheating to win yay typical heel shit.

Then they have an utterly predictable match at unforgiven, If Cena loses he’s off raw oooooh there’s such excitement even though you knew god damn good and well Cena wasn’t leaving raw.

fact is the wwe tried and tried to cram it down your throat and it just didn’t work.. Edge is decent but him as singles wrestler? ehh don’t know if that ever fully worked out I don’t think it did honestly, And Cena of course what more needs to be said about him?
The only part I agree with about this feud is that Cena won too often, which was dumb sometimes. Other than that, they have arguably the best feud on the “modern PG era.” It was personal, brutal, and back and forth. Edge stole the title at NYR, made his own championship, got thrown into a river, attacked in his hotel room, had a great TLC match, won the title back in a triple threat on raw. Cost Cena the title at extreme rules. And although Cena won the TLC match, it was by far his hardest fought victory and beyond fun to watch. They rekindled their feud later on down the road and it seemed more personal than ever; when edge told him that he hated him... and simply put just can’t stand him in every way, it literally felt like he was just telling the truth. Made the feud believable.

Edge is one of the best heels and single competitors in history if you ask me. He’s a cross between everything you’d want: confident, good talker, intimidating height and stature, quick and agile, and a great wrestler. He could do it all, literally, and proved it in numerous feuds.

Reactions: Phenomenal Blissfit

Toothlessagression78

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
The only part I agree with about this feud is that Cena won too often, which was dumb sometimes. Other than that, they have arguably the best feud on the “modern PG era.” It was personal, brutal, and back and forth. Edge stole the title at NYR, made his own championship, got thrown into a river, attacked in his hotel room, had a great TLC match, won the title back in a triple threat on raw. Cost Cena the title at extreme rules. And although Cena won the TLC match, it was by far his hardest fought victory and beyond fun to watch. They rekindled their feud later on down the road and it seemed more personal than ever; when edge told him that he hated him... and simply put just can’t stand him in every way, it literally felt like he was just telling the truth. Made the feud believable.

Edge is one of the best heels and single competitors in history if you ask me. He’s a cross between everything you’d want: confident, good talker, intimidating height and stature, quick and agile, and a great wrestler. He could do it all, literally, and proved it in numerous feuds.
I never said edge was bad i just said it never quite fully worked out as a singles wrestler in my opinion.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
The fans or WWE hardly talks about this feud. I'm not sure you know what "overrated" means.

Phenomenal Blissfit

Reaction score
Disagree completely i thought the feud was great, It portrayed Edge's ability to play the Heel to perfection and doing that against a guy as hated as Cena at the time was damn near impossible, Edge losing the belt at the RR sucked but it set the course for them to have another feud in the middle of 06, So what if Edge cheated at SS? That was the point of Edge's desperation to not lose his title to the guy who initially beat him for it earlier in the year, it was also this particular feud that cemented Edge as the Top Heel of the company at the time.

It has special place on my list for Top feuds in WWE history for what you would call a proper Face vs Heel storytelling formula.

:maryse:

Reactions: edge4ever and Geese

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
I never said edge was bad i just said it never quite fully worked out as a singles wrestler in my opinion.
Based on what are you determining that he never really worked out as single’s wrestler? At whatever part I look, Edge was fucking awesome

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah, he won 11 world titles and 31 in total, most of which were singles titles, but yeah, it never quite fully worked out for him as a singles competitor....
[automerge]1565661023[/automerge]

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Edge is decent but him as singles wrestler? ehh don’t know if that ever fully worked out I don’t think it did honestly
But...isn't Edge recognized as one of the greatest of all time?

Like wasn't he the complete package? He had in-ring skills,
good promos, a great look & most importantly a career that
evolved slowly, step by step until he was a top card guy.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't think people enjoyed this feud because they knew it would end in Cena winning. I think they enjoyed this feud because it was entertaining.
Sometimes, even when WWE is being predictable, the wrestlers still manage to make things entertaining.

I mean, if you like a TV show or movie enough, you watch it more than once, right? You already know what is going to happen but you are so entertained that it doesn't matter to you.