Eddie Vedder announces first-ever UK solo shows

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
EddieVedderPA170211.jpg

Eddie Vedder has announced that he will play his first-ever solo UK shows this July.

The Pearl Jam frontman, who released his second studio LP 'Ukelele Songs' in May last year, will play two UK shows as part of his wider European tour this summer. The album - which was the follow-up to his debut solo record, the soundtrack to the 2007 film Into The Wild - featured original and cover songs played on the ukulele with Cat Power, aka Chan Marshall, guesting on the song 'Tonight You Belong To Me', as well as versions of the Mamas & The Papas' 'Dream A Little Dream Of Me' and Pearl Jam's own 'Can't Keep'.

Eddie Vedder will play:

Manchester O2 Apollo (July 28)
London HMV Hammersmith Apollo (30)

Tickets go onsale on Friday (March 23) at 9am (GMT). To check the availability of Tenacious D tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/TICKETS now, or call 0871 230 1094.

Last week (March 9), Pearl Jam guitarist Stone Gossard revealed that the band were working on their 10th studio album. Speaking about the sessions, he said: "I think the main thing is that we're not in a rush and there’s no urgency to it.

"The most important thing is that we put something out that continues to expand our boundaries rather than trying to follow what we've done in the past. I think it's a good time to hopefully continue to experiment, and continue to shake it up."

Pearl Jam will headline this year's Isle Of Wight Festival alongside Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen. The festival takes place from June 22–24 next summer.

nme

If anyone has the chance to see Eddie solo then please do, I saw him this time last year and it was an amazing experience

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I really want to, but Manchester & London is quite a trek for me.