Eddie Alvarez accuses Bellator of changing contract wording

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
fightline.com said:
After months of dealing with Bellator and the UFC, lightweight Eddie Alvarez has had enough. The former champion revealed Bellator changed the words in their contract offer.

"You can't change the contract in the middle of the contract," said Alvarez on The MMA Hour. "I'm trying to play by the rules. They're lying to the judge, they're changing the contract. They're not leaving me any choice. If they're going to kick me in the balls, eventually I'm going to kick them in the balls back."

Alvarez feels Bellator can't match the UFC when it comes to event numbers and money.

Sporting an 8-1 record for Bellator, Alvarez has not competed for them since October. At that time, he fulfilled his Bellator contract and later accepted a UFC deal. Bellator matched it, as per their original stipulations, but Alvarez disagrees.

They have been in court with Alvarez unsuccessful in getting an injunction for last month's UFC 159. Alvarez has suggested bringing everything to a trial.

Alvarez was last seen at Bellator 95 speaking with CEO Bjorn Rebney, but nothing came of it.

I personally want to see Eddie Alvarez in the UFC because he posts some interesting matchups. I'd like to see him and Gilbert Melendez go at it considering a couple years ago there was a hot debate as to who the best 155 pound fighter was between those two.

Hate

Reaction score
Poor Eddie being forced to honor the contract he signed. Yes he belongs in the UFC, but as a man you have to honor your commitments.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Well nobody exactly knows what's going on. He could just be whining, but if it is true than that's a dick move on Bellator's part and legally they can't do that.