ECW Unforgiven Main Event(Spoilers for ECW)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

CM Punk vs Elijah Burke was announced by Estrada in ECW/SD tapings

Well, it is a great match, but it has no damn build up, and the only match to set it was completely senseless: Punk and Stevie Richards vs Kevin Thorn and Elijah Burke. Did booking out of a sudden forgot how many times Punk defeated Richards, and that Thorn is anything but a friend to Burke.

3lions

Reaction score
Who else would you put in there? Big Daddy V? In storyline and build up terms, he would be a better option. But in match quality terms, Burke is the best option.

CenaMark54

I guess they want us to think that guys with common enemies can work together for a common goal.

You are right, not long ago Thorn quit the New Breed. But I guess the New Breed is a thing of the past. As far as Stevie and Punk teaming up, they are both faces and there was no bad blood. They had several great matches and there is probabyl mutual respect. Thats not too far fetched.

Burke is the best man to face Punk at this point from a booking standpoint. It allows Punk to keep the belt by going over someone he has already beaten.

In all reality, Big Daddy V would be the number one contender, but he would have to go over Punk. Punk beating Daddy V is just not realistic.

Soulpower

Yes!!! While I like Big Daddy V, I did NOT want to see him in the title picture. With Burke and Punk you're guaranteed to have a good match, and the lack of build-up shouldn't hurt the match due to the past between the two men. I'd actually rather see Burke become champ than seeing Morrison win it again.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah I don't really no build when it will mean a good match. Punk- Burke was the best option they had if wanting the best possible match, with who they've got.

LKP

You dont nmeed much of a build up with burke and punk. They can have an awesome match anways and they have been fighting all year so we already got our feud and history.

Hitman

Reaction score
Yes finally 2 of my favorite wrestlers today going at it one on one again. You should expect a lot of kicking and painful submission moves

3lions

Reaction score
You are such high hopes, and such low standards.

!All Blacks!

Reaction score
punk vs burke should be a good match but i cant wait till big daddy v goes after the title!