ECW ~ 3 Questions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I got to sit down and watch my recorded episode of ECW this morning and had some things I wanted to discuss with everyone.

1. Jack Swagger went over Ricky Ortiz: was this a good move by WWE? They were both undefeated and personally I felt that Ortiz and Swagger were off to a decent start. Swagger defeating Ortiz made Ortiz lose some pop and I'm not certain how I feel about this. Thoughts?

2. MVP lost...again: is he getting buried or is this going somewhere? When MVP came to the ring he was getting booed, and for a moment, hearing his music and those boos and seeing him play to the crowd reminded me that he was at one time a guaranteed main eventer in the near future. Now he is losing to everyone and even lost on the "C" show in an OK match. I miss MVP pulling off the back alley wins and 'ballin', as much as he pisses me off, I feel WWE needs more MVP. Thoughts?

3. Matt Stryker as Color Commentator: do you care for it? Each and every week he is consistent and well spoken. He is quickly becoming my favorite announcer and I love how he not only comments, but educates. He has shaken off his asshole teacher gimmick, but still manages to play the role of facilitator, which is important to the younger generation as well as those who are less versed. What do you think about Matt Stryker recent body of work?

Airfixx

1. No biggy.... Neither of them were the 'next Goldberg' and there's no reason why Ortiz shouldn't recover from such a low profile loss.

2. Yes. MORE MVP, damnit!!! ...Totally gutted at the way his year has panned out for him. He was the unsung star of SD in 07 (see Matt/MVP saga), the star of the SD EC @ No Way Out and the 'nearly man' in MITB yet it's been downhill ever since.

OK, he was booked to lose the US title to Matt Hardy not long after, but there's no need for that to have fucked up his momentum (In fact losing that belt could have been the best thing to ever happen to him)...

So, has no-one still not ready any rumours about the cause of this losing streak stroryline.... I just can't comprehend it not being a punnishment.

3. Stryker is great... It's a shame he doesn't apply a bit more 'colour' though... Maybe he will once given more air time.

Maybe it's me having grown up with Vince/Jesse, Monsoon/Heenan and a younger JR/King, but It's SO comparatively shit when the announcers just agree with each other all the time.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

If he was being punished for an incident that must have been one really really really bad incident because most punishments for incidents barely go two weeks not over 3 months like MVP's loss-a-meter. I've heard reports that he has a backstage attitude problem but take that with a grain of salt. I think at this point MVP's credibility is shot (I mean he lost to a jobber ffs).

The Shua

Reaction score
1. SWAAGGGAAAA (as Striker would say) has more of a "main event" mold than that of Ortiz. I didn't see any complaints when Bourne started regularly appearing on Raw....and the two appeared on ECDub around the same time.

If he was actually being punished, he wouldn't be appearing on TV every week. This is all storyline. Where it's headed? I have no idea.

I like Striker as a commentator. I think he's a natural on the mic, and behind the announce table. The only problem with the ECW broadcast team is The Grish. I do not like him as an announcer at all.

Moonlight Drive

1-Swagger >>>>>>> Ortiz. It's a brilliant move.

2-Airfixx pretty much summed it up greatly, it must be a punishment. Or it's got the people who make up the 'rumours' stumped >_>

3-Turn him heel dammit!

noumenon

1. I can't stand Swagger or Ortiz. I could care in the least bit. Ricky is big clumsy and boring. Swagger is hideous annoying and completely generic. I wish them both the best in their future endeavors.

2. MVP...ouch. It really does suck and I can't picture this helping him in any way shape or form. Why pick MVP..one of the guys just about ready for a main event push for a losing streak...makes no sense.

3. Striker is probably the most knowledgable and well spoken announcer in the company. I do with they had brough a little of his heel essence to the table so to speak.

MattC13

Reaction score
I'd like to see ECW one day in Canada without waiting until midnight Fridays. But I can answer two.

They better not be all Tanaka on MVP. He'll probably pull a good win over someone and 2 months later have a title.