Early WWE Memories

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
It was the late 90's, I was about 3 or 4. One of the first things I remember seeing in WWE/WWF was Mick Foley being thrown off a cage by the Undertaker. I remember liking Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Undertaker ad Kane, HHH. I think Stone Cold was my favorite growing up. Due to family problems in 2001 or so I missed out on about 5-6 years of WWE until I was re-introduced to it in 2007. I've been a John Cena fan for a long time, but around 2012 or so I started liking Daniel Bryan and he is my current favorite in the WWE today.

Discuss your early WWE memories. If something like this has already been created, feel free to delete it.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
HBK in those ridic heart pants he wore. Hart and those horrible sunglasses, and wondering how a huge fatty like Yokozuna could face anyone but hogan and lose? I remember thinking he was horrible then, and Hogan was god because my dad had met him. It was 90-92 i watched wrestling with my dad, before he stopped, and i didnt really start back up until 95 when i was 8 and it became popular among my friends..i watched WCW.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
I remember being 2 or 3 and having my grandparents sit me on either of their laps watching wrestling. One I remember best is where the killer bees and a super young Bret hart were in a battle royal

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I think around 4, it was a DX segment with X-Pac and Kane? All I remember is, X-Pac doing the suck it taunt. Afterwards, I did it and my mother says I wasn't allowed to watch WWE. lol

Reactions: TheArabHammer

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Moved to the general WWE section.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The Rock in 2000 when he was the man, the first I can clearly recall was Judgement Day Rock vs HHH 60 minute ironman with HBK as special ref. I watched before but that's the earliest clear memory I have.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
I would’ve been about 10 or something. All I remember is RR ‘99 and Mankind taking a dozen chair shots to the head, one after another, each more brutal than the one before it, and then after the match he’s being helped up and he flicks back his hair in a long spray of blood. All I remember was that it was fucking awesome, lol. I remember the Rumble match as well and I instantly became a SCSA mark without knowing a single thing about him or the storyline. I still remember how pissed I was when the Rock interfered and cost Stone Cold the match. To this day I’ve never managed to forgive the fucking asshole.

Farooq

Reaction score
Speaking of Judgment Day, I also saw when Undertaker returned as a biker.

Reactions: seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Speaking of Judgment Day, I also saw when Undertaker returned as a biker.
33d8f4084a2ac6f7a8a88060bf9a5065.gif

Taker tearing it up on the corporation was a perfect return.

Reactions: Farooq

Farooq

Reaction score
:obama: Undertaker was one of my top favorites as a kid. Despite coming out in a different gimmick, I still marked my ass off seeing him run wild. Remember watching it with my uncle on Pay-Per-View in my mom's room. Shit, I think that was the only match we watched lol.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I think the first Raw I actually watched was the one Right after the Montreal ScrewJob. I may have watched before, but it was the first one that I can remember watching. I remember mini Brett coming out and actually feeling bad for Brett, and hoping he would could come back. I didn't understand exactly what was happening though at the time.

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
The only early wrestling thing I remember watching live was when that senior citizen (who was apparently mae young) flashed the crowd.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
My earliest ones were sometime around Survivor Series 1996. I was being hauled off to church one night (urgh) and right before we left, I remember seeing a PPV commercial for the '96 Survivor Series with Austin's shadow reflecting on a wall as he walked down a back alley and talked trash about how he was gonna beat "Bret's pink-and-black ass all over the Garden." And I had to have been watching at least a few shows before then because as I recall, the commercial wasn't completely unfamiliar to me. But the earliest memory I have of when I began to watch full time was after the '97 Rumble when Bret was complaining about Austin getting a dirty victory over him (the first wrestling I started watching period was WCW sometime around September or October of '96.)

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'll never forget my dad taking me to my first event at Madison Square Garden. 1963, Bruno Sammrtino would defeat 'Nature Boy' Buddy Rogers to win the WWWF championship in just 48 seconds. what a night.

Reactions: TheArabHammer

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'll never forget my dad taking me to my first event at Madison Square Garden. 1963, Bruno Sammrtino would defeat 'Nature Boy' Buddy Rogers to win the WWWF championship in just 48 seconds. what a night.
So you're one of those fags who joined in the Bruno hype train? That kid doesn't know an wristlock from a wristwatch Gotch would have finished him in 5.