Earl Hebner talks relationship with Bret Hart ahead of new book

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
5807606.webp

Earl Hebner is ready to tell his story.

His book "Earl Hebner: The Official Story" is currently available for preorder and covers his role in one of the most infamous stories in wrestling history, The Montreal Screwjob.

Hebner told Steve Fall recently that he and Hart have made up since what happened Survivor Series 1997.

Hebner said:

I have another merch shirt that says, 'Damn right I did.' A lot of people want me to write on it, 'I screwed Bret.' I go, 'No. I can't do that.'
A while back, maybe three or four years ago, I would do it but Bret and I made up. And before my brother passed, we were at a house show or indie show and he was there and he called us to the ring and he put us over like big time.
So now Bret calls me, and I'll call him and we have a good relationship back and I'm not going to screw it up by writing something on a dumbass shirt that's going to destroy our friendship.

The indie show Hebner is referring to was a Big Time Wrestling event in Prince George, VA on October 11th, 2014. Matt Hardy posted footage from the show to his YouTube channel:

Hebner continued to say:

For a long time, honestly it bothered me. It was bad for me, you know, because I carried it with me for a lot of years.
We met one time at an airport and I wanted to talk to him and he said "I don't want to talk to you." I go 'okay.' He was talking to my brother and I said, 'Can I talk to you for a minute?' And he goes, 'I don't want to talk.' I said okay, I let it go and that was it.
As time went on, (we) eventually got to a place where we could see each other, (and) communicate.

A description of Hebner's book reads: "The 440 plus-page book spans the entire career of who many call the most recognized official in professional wrestling, if not the Greatest Of All Time!"

#Waddles

- Retired Vet -
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Man, he knows how to hold a grudge. But I'm glad they tied up loose ends.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bret buried the hatchet when Hebner had his brain anuerysm......lot earlier than 2014.