E3 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kassidy

Reaction score
I saw "Megaman trailer" and thought YES new megaman game and then it was smash and I was slightly disappointed, happy but not as happy. Im loving forward to TitanFall, Order, Smash, quantum break, Ryse, Project Spark, Division and watch dogs although ubi has really been pissing me off on how they treat UK gamers compared to us, they always get better shit and more dlc in their bundles so I may not support them, Mario 3d, yoshi's new island.

just to rattle off a few, all later today ill probably be watching any and all impression videos rev3games has up with adam sessler

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
your opinion and you aren't alone but Microsoft is very far from dead, lol, even typing it makes me laugh. Xbox One showed far more exclusives on stage and presented their game much better. I mean What ps4 exclusive did they show on stage that was that impressive?

Kingdom Hearts? Hate that series, not my thing

Final Fantasy? Nope going to Xbox one

Killzone? another bland shooter in a time when TitanFall is coming out. You can keep your flat and unimpressive shooter; Mechs, parkour, jet pack shooter = fucking amazing to me. That's going to be a game that takes a lot of skill to play online with how many ways you can actually attack

Destiny? Nope Xbox one and PC im pretty sure, oh some exclusive dlc, don't care

Rain? yea ? wtf even is it

Infamous second son? If its like the other sand box versions from PS3, I'll pass, wasn't a big fan.

The Order, about the only game sony showed on stage, that was theirs, and interested me. The rest were multiplatform games, which if it has multiplayer I want to play I'll be getting it for One cuz Live is just plain out better than PSN, 300k servers, every game will have a server, can Sony say that about PSN? No

Saying a console will die or a company will die when its not even out, is just beyond ignorant. Both consoles will sell, I guarantee it

In the same way that people shouldn't be saying Microsoft was just killed, passing off all those games as shit because you yourself dont like them falls into the same category.

I still think in regards to the Xbox One having to log online every 24 hours so you can even use it is flat out Blue. Not everyone/everywhere has access to decent internet that regularly works.

Personally I've never really gotten into the Xbox, the only game thats ever mentioned for it is Halo which is just the same as every other boring run around shooting randomly FPS ever made.

Last edited:

Dod Draper

Reaction score
The pricing of the Xbox is most likely because of what you get with it, more especially the kinect bundled with it, which is a huge advancement with the technology and is probably worth the extra $100.

I don't want to flail round like a blueberry, so I definitely don't want it. Regardless of whether it's worth if it or not, though, it shouldn't be compulsory.

Hoping that the Xbox flops and the PS4 sells well. Microsoft seem hellbent on commercializing their products into oblivion. Surprised they're not learning anything from the car-crash Windows 8.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Microsoft are trying to force us into their warped vision for the future, but are in fact alienating their own market.

AF.

Reaction score
I think I've wrapped my head around why the PS4 has been so favored, and the Xbox One shunned. Majority of the world is working class or below. PS4 is appealing to the working class with the initial cost of the system, to being able to play used games. Xbox One, however, is appealing to the upper classes. Must have internet, can't pass around games and you must buy them brand new. I think they failed in this regard, it's all about appealing to the masses. Xbox 360 was such a hit in western society because it appealed to the working class, and PS3 itself was really trying to distance itself from that by making it seem as though it was larger than life. Sony learned from their experiences, and Microsoft went the complete other way.

I do think the Xbox One will sell well. Obviously not as much as the PS4. At this stage, Microsoft needs to take a step back and possibly change a few things about their system. Even if they win over a few extra thousand people then so be it. They need to lose the always online and used game shit that's holding them down. Appeal to the working class. The people who can't afford to buy brand new games and people who can't afford or don't have access to internet.

BDC

Reaction score
I think I've wrapped my head around why the PS4 has been so favored, and the Xbox One shunned. Majority of the world is working class or below. PS4 is appealing to the working class with the initial cost of the system, to being able to play used games. Xbox One, however, is appealing to the upper classes. Must have internet, can't pass around games and you must buy them brand new. I think they failed in this regard, it's all about appealing to the masses. Xbox 360 was such a hit in western society because it appealed to the working class, and PS3 itself was really trying to distance itself from that by making it seem as though it was larger than life. Sony learned from their experiences, and Microsoft went the complete other way.

I do think the Xbox One will sell well. Obviously not as much as the PS4. At this stage, Microsoft needs to take a step back and possibly change a few things about their system. Even if they win over a few extra thousand people then so be it. They need to lose the always online and used game shit that's holding them down. Appeal to the working class. The people who can't afford to buy brand new games and people who can't afford or don't have access to internet.

I could be mean and say 'Well, duh' but I won't. The more that can afford it, the more sales will be made. On the other hand, they are finally figuring out how to possibly keep people from passing around games and pirating in their own little way. This has been a problem in the music and movie industry and I think this is just a backlash of the business men trying to protect their interest.....

On the other hand, it sucks. lol. I'm broke like most others and can't afford 60-80 dollars for a new game every time one comes out. And what will this do to the resale business like GAMESTOP excels in? Nah, they have to change....no way around it.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
That whole used game thing is a mess and just a way for them/developers to ensure they make more profit (if people were willing to go that route and hadn't already sided with Sony). Forcing people to buy new games is just stupid and you end up with a huge collection of games you never play but cant sell.

AF.

Reaction score
I could be mean and say 'Well, duh' but I won't. The more that can afford it, the more sales will be made. On the other hand, they are finally figuring out how to possibly keep people from passing around games and pirating in their own little way. This has been a problem in the music and movie industry and I think this is just a backlash of the business men trying to protect their interest.....

On the other hand, it sucks. lol. I'm broke like most others and can't afford 60-80 dollars for a new game every time one comes out. And what will this do to the resale business like GAMESTOP excels in? Nah, they have to change....no way around it.

Well yes but the point of my post was focusing on the classes of people. I do think within certain aspects of technology you can appeal to the upper classes and be successful, but in the instance of gaming, it should always be emphasized on the working class. Microsoft have gone and done something that would look good to a person with a bit of money, whereas PS4 have focused on majority of the world - people who don't have huge bundles of cash.

This also means the Xbox One games will be more expensive than PS4 ones. As people can still trade in PS4 games those will be re-sold cheaper. Xbox games will rarely experience price drops I'd imagine, as companies will want to make even on them. It's going to be a rough period for the Xbox One if they do follow through with it. It's going to be one of those consoles that one in every few people own, whereas I can see PS4 being a household product.

AF.

Reaction score
That whole used game thing is a mess and just a way for them/developers to ensure they make more profit (if people were willing to go that route and hadn't already sided with Sony). Forcing people to buy new games is just stupid and you end up with a huge collection of games you never play but cant sell.

It doesn't even make sense for Microsoft to go and do that, it barely benefits them in the grand scheme of things. It just deters people away from buying the console which in turn will effect developers/publishers profits as less people will be buying the games. It is a lose-lose process that only works out for people who buy games as they come out and keep them really.

It is also dead-weight once you buy it because you don't need the disk to play it. So there is essentially no point in keeping the disk. Might as well just download the games.

BDC

Reaction score
Well yes but the point of my post was focusing on the classes of people. I do think within certain aspects of technology you can appeal to the upper classes and be successful, but in the instance of gaming, it should always be emphasized on the working class. Microsoft have gone and done something that would look good to a person with a bit of money, whereas PS4 have focused on majority of the world - people who don't have huge bundles of cash.

This also means the Xbox One games will be more expensive than PS4 ones. As people can still trade in PS4 games those will be re-sold cheaper. Xbox games will rarely experience price drops I'd imagine, as companies will want to make even on them. It's going to be a rough period for the Xbox One if they do follow through with it. It's going to be one of those consoles that one in every few people own, whereas I can see PS4 being a household product.

I've really never thought of gamers in terms of classes. The upper class vs the lower class. BUt I see your point. I really don't think either thought about appealing to a certain class of people. They just got together and devised a way to seperate more of us from our money. And I agree...XBOX (which I've been a big fan in the past) has failed.

On the other hand....they have time to regroup. And I expect them too.

Kassidy

Reaction score
In the same way that people shouldn't be saying Microsoft was just killed, passing off all those games as shit because you yourself dont like them falls into the same category.

And where did I say "to the general market, that's not me, think these games suck and won't sell"? No where I stated My opinion on them and why Xbox won me over with games and there is a group that agree and Sony hasn't shown a true Exclusive that looked like a console seller. Sony is winning off policies right now, thats not a opinion that's pretty much fact.

All those games have a market, some niche some much larger, but I wouldn't say any of them makes people say "I need to own a PS4, to play ___________" because most of them are multiplatform. While Xbox got on stage and just showed a long log of actual exclusives. MY point in that post is games will still move the xbox one even with bad policies because people want to play those exclusives , while PS4 will sell just based on the fact that they have policies people like regardless of what games they showed.

Sony could have stood on stage and said nothing but jabs at micro and their price, nothing else, and people would have still said they won.

Last edited:

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
All those games have a market, some niche some much larger, but I wouldn't say any of them makes people say "I need to own a PS4, to play ___________" because most of them are multiplatform. While Xbox got on stage and just showed a long log of actual exclusives. MY point in that post is games will still move the xbox one even with bad policies because people want to play those exclusives , while PS4 will sale just based on the fact that they have policies people like regardless of what games they showed.

Assuming that people can be arsed buying a controversial console for the sake of those games. And even if they do - what's to say that it's not just for sake of getting THOSE games while investing the bulk of their gaming and money on another console? It's a pretty heavy price for some people just for the sake of a few games. There's previous generations i'm sure where gamers would have liked to play certain exclusives on a different console but passed them up in favour of the console they selected.

Sony could have stood on stage and said nothing but jabs at micro and their price, nothing else, and people would have still said they won.

Maybe they would have "won" but there would have been more disgruntled responses also. Fact is they still presented games that a fair amount of people want to see and they assured people in regards to issues that Microsoft refuses to address. It's hardly Sony's fault nor is it the fault of people who are supportive of Sony either - that's Microsoft's own damn fault for alienating people and who can blame Sony for capitalizing?

And as far as games go - in past generations it's always (meant) to be a bigger deal. But this generation it's already being overshadowed to a fair degree because of how Microsoft is handling their overall console. This console is far different from any console til now. It's a big deal. PS4 and Xbox One can't be compared like the PS3/360 were. Microsoft would LIKE us all to focus on the gaming perspective (and to ignore the rules they've imposed in the background) but there's no hiding the facts.

They're obviously not intentionally focusing on the upperclass (that would be ridiculous and poor business) nor is it (IMO) necessarily indicative of that either. It's not just a matter of whether people can afford it or not either. Yes the preowned games aspect is a big deal to most people (not myself since I just import brand new games instead) but it's more than that (with many of the problems we already know). And besides, I don't know about "every" rich person, but some of the smarter rich people got rich or continue to stay rich because they know where to invest their money in the first place and not be overly wasteful. It's not always about having the money but it's also very much about "where it's being spent". Of course, i'm not an upper class guy myself so maybe i'm wrong about that part. Either way I don't think it's a matter of class really.

Now all that being said, it's just as much a matter of principles than it is anything else. Microsoft are making some ambitious and distasteful decisions. Whether we can afford to or not is a tad irrelevant when considering the larger picture. It's just as much about "who you're giving your money to" as it is "being able to afford it". There's people (like myself) that simply want nothing to do with Microsoft's ambitions and selfish policies. Even if it wouldn't necessarily affect me in practice, I still wish to boycott the Xbox One because I feel as though they're infringing on fundamental "rights" (for lack of a better word) I feel I have as a console gamer. I know there's people that feel the same way I do even if to certain degree.

And to all those people inclined to support Microsoft's "get with the times" attitude - let me just point out that Microsoft's opinions of the world are in no way "fact". The world they refer to is merely the kind of world (or attitude at least) they're hoping people will come to accept if they force that point enough - it's advantageous and profitable for them (sure we're becoming a more technologically advanced world but what they insinuate is hardly realistic or feasible now). In reality there may currently be high internet usage (at least in part through mobile internet access while out and about) but it's not exactly flawlessly accessible as some people are inclined to believe (whether it be because technology, aging infrastructure, additional costs, location etc). And while MANY appliances optimally use the internet, they're still operational outside of a connection. While the internet is more accessible than ever - it's not simply a "fact" in this world. Perhaps in the future "required internet" will be no-brainer, but not right now and especially NOT because a few pompous and overzealous Microsoft employee's feel the need to say so with their official statements or unprofessional tweets.

Last edited:

Kassidy

Reaction score
"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,” said Mattrick.

oh man, here they go again lol; when will Microsoft guys not say something stupid after their press conference.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
And these motherfuckers expect to sell 400 million units :ace2:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Sony announced pay services for their servers, since I am already a PS+ subscriber for the free games, this wont effect me, and I can understand some people being disappointed by this. They also banned Online Passes from 3rd party developers(as EA effectively ended all of theirs today aswell), so now you can play all of their used games on the PS3 servers with no addition fee.

That announcement from Mattrick is pure gold. They are starting to sound like Nickleback trying to convince everyone they don't suck.