DX the new NWO?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
While HHH has his friends in the locker room, the general feeling is that he still uses his political power to hold people back when he feels like they are getting too hot and could become a threat to him. John Cena is said to be one of the few people who blew up that HHH didn’t try to hold back.

HHH is even less liked now than he was before his injury. The Game’s paranoia of losing his spot on the card dates all the way back to the MSG incident in 1996 when the clique broke character in front of a live audience, and for years he was punished for the actions of Michaels, Hall & Nash.

When Booker T was rising in popularity, HHH was widely seen as part of the reason he left WWE for TNA. HHH felt that he couldn’t have a competitive match with Booker, because Booker had just done competitive matches with Jerry Lawler, a 58-year-old announcer. Booker T, who was well-liked in the locker room, had been in talks with TNA even prior to SummerSlam and the straw that broke the camel’s back was his suspension. The Game got even more heat on himself when he made some comments about Chris Jericho’s return that didn’t go over well with the guys backstage.

HHH’s former Evolution partner Randy Orton is seen as one of the only people who stand up to him and Shawn Michaels backstage, but at this point in his career, HHH is basically untouchable.

Now I am a big fan of HHH and HBK, and I know to take everything you read online with a grain of salt, but this is not the first story I have heard of this kind of thing happening backstage. So going on the assumption all the stories are true, does anyone else notice the similarity here between how DX appears to be running Raw, the same way Hogan and the NWO used to run Nitro? I understand Triple H is now part of the McMahon family, and his experience in the industry is no doubt valuable from a business perspective, but I kind of see it as a conflict of interest if what the above story (credit wrestlezone) says is true. Im sure some people remember the old days when the NWO ran WCW and noone that didnt have Hogan or Nashs approval just was not going to advance in the company. Do you think it is in the WWEs best interest to allow the superstars to have so much control and influence over storylines, feuds, pushes etc..?

CenaMark54

When I read this title I thought I was back in 1997 again.

Anyway, the truth is, few people really know what happens backstage. Most of the stuff reported is BS so people like Dave Meltzer can make money.

CT Styles

I've thought about this heaps and I think they do run alot of things backstage. Shawn Michaels is my hero basically so I don't hate him, lets just get that straight now. But on his DVD notice the ammount of times he says I went to Vince and asked if we could... and everyone says on the DVD that if you didn't do what Shawn wanted he would storm out of the room. Now I think that since Hunter is in the McMahon family and is best friends with Shawn that they have decided just to run the locker room and do the storylines they want and have the people pushed who they want and McMahon's just let them do it, and Shawn would eventually do what he was told and go out there and do it the best so that maybe why Vince has let them control things aswell and also because Shawn's been there for nearly 20 years now.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
well at least we know one person stands up for the other guys in the company. HHH and HBK want to run the show and they shouldn't be able too

The Rated R CMStar

Oh man, I can't stop laughing! King Booker was gaining popularity, oh c'mon! He was on the highway to jobbing, with a more than stale and without logic character. And just because he says he didn't use roids it doesn't mean he really didn't. Yeah, because it makes logics, without a damn reason WWE suspends him for 60 days, not 30, but 60. Yeah, poor Booker, he has never used roids. Just as Chris Masters or DH Smith.

And well or bad done, HHH was right, it was stupid to bill Chris Jericho as a savior.

And according to rumors, guess who was behind Cena's reign booking?

ice_edged

Reaction score
nah Y2J's savior gimmick will come in handy later on..youll see.even if it was to early now

kingovkings

Reaction score
I've thought about this heaps and I think they do run alot of things backstage. Shawn Michaels is my hero basically so I don't hate him, lets just get that straight now. But on his DVD notice the ammount of times he says I went to Vince and asked if we could... and everyone says on the DVD that if you didn't do what Shawn wanted he would storm out of the room. Now I think that since Hunter is in the McMahon family and is best friends with Shawn that they have decided just to run the locker room and do the storylines they want and have the people pushed who they want and McMahon's just let them do it, and Shawn would eventually do what he was told and go out there and do it the best so that maybe why Vince has let them control things aswell and also because Shawn's been there for nearly 20 years now.

I agree with most of what you said and with out a doubt trips/hbk rule the roost and will have hell of alot of influence and pull backstage but as for the part were you said Mcmahon just lets them do what they want. Nah i dont think he does or would if he didnt agree with it. What he says goes end of, no matter what if he says no that it even if its family, at the end of the day he is a buisnessman and family is a separate issue, so if trips wants to do out and vinve dont agree it aint getting done simple as that, but they will have certain amount of free reign with HBK been in company as long as he has been and trips nearly as long plus in the family course they have influence and say back stage but only to a point and vince has the final say, same as taker has a lot of influence also he has been in the company years, its just easier for ppl to have ago at hbk/HHH coz trips in family and hbk is best mate same as flair n tista any1 who associated with trips guna get dragged into stuff it the way things go, But saying that 99.8% of what writen is bull shit and the stuff that is true probs wont worry the ppl that its been written about anyways :grin_1:

Reinvented

Reaction score
I actually think lettng them pick who rises and who falls is a good thing. Kennedy going over HBK is a good thing. Triple H letting Hardy and Orton go over.

The people they pick are not that bad of superstars. Booker was just mad that they didn't sign is wrestling school. Its funny how Orton got some balls to talk back to the guy who helped push him.

ice_edged

Reaction score
I actually think lettng them pick who rises and who falls is a good thing. Kennedy going over HBK is a good thing. Triple H letting Hardy and Orton go over.

The people they pick are not that bad of superstars. Booker was just mad that they didn't sign is wrestling school. Its funny how Orton got some balls to talk back to the guy who helped push him.

I agree and that is something else mate

The Rated R CMStar

Haters just want to see HHH and HBK job like crazy. Why? They are still main eventers, they shouldn't job, they should win. Or with their age, they would not be a respected main eventer, they would be...Ric Flair. Or worst, Jim Duggan!

Reaction score
None of us could ever claim to know 100% fact behind the curtain. Still, fans aren't morons anymore and we can make reasonable assessments of what we see. We see HHH and HBK beating people left and right and on tv 3 or 4 times a show. They are like NWO now. They're older and not wiser. NWO was the zenith and prugatory of WCW. DX is in the middle of the purgatory phase.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

dammit why wont hhh decide to put jim duggan over! he deserves a push!

Soulpower

Haters just want to see HHH and HBK job like crazy. Why? They are still main eventers, they shouldn't job, they should win.

But the thing is. Both HHH and HBK can job every once in a while, and it won't hurt them all. HBK has become a bit more flexible when it comes to jobbing, but HHH rarely loses cleanly. Hell, he lost to Orton at No Mercy, put he was put over as a SUPERMAN who almost beat Randy after having wrestled (and won cleanly) two times on the same show.

As for Shawn... We saw him lose cleanly to Kennedy last week. Do you think the fans now think any less of HBK? NO! But now they see Kennedy as more of a threat because he got the win.

I'm not saying HHH should job to everyone all the time. I'm saying he could have jobbed to Umaga at least once, instead of beating him everytime they were in the ring together.

HHH COULD be using his standing to make new stars, or establish rising stars (like Cena and Jeff Hardy) but he rarely does it and that, more than anything else is what bothers me about Hunter.