Dwayne Johnson to Develop a Wrestling TV Comedy Series for Fox

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx

It has been announced that Dwayne Johnson will team up with former WWE head writer Brian Gerwitz and comedy star Will Ferrell (in the capacity of a producer,) to work on a television comedy project showcasing the behind-the-scenes world of the wrestling industry for Fox Television. The project will focus on an awkward friendship between a charismatic young wrestler and a fish-out-of-water former sitcom writer, working for a fictional wrestling organization. The backstage craziness of the industry with eccentric personalities will be showcased, tapping on Johnson’s well of knowledge. As Johnson states of the project:

"This November will mark the 20th anniversary of my professional wrestling debut. I was 24 years old, putting in the hard work, making $40 bucks per match and had no clue of the long journey that lay ahead of me with characters and backstage stories so colorful you’d think there’s no way that can be true. The entertaining show that goes on in front of the crowd pales in comparison to the insanely entertaining show that goes on backstage. Brian and myself can’t wait to tell our stories."

:rock4:"Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?"

B10148267.136154030;sz=1x1;ord=1477149535157;dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=

Reactions: Thou Confidential