Dustin Jacoby vs. Brad Tavares Moved to UFC 137 Main Card

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Brad-Tavares_1180_right30_large.png
When one fight falls apart, other fighters benefit. That might sound a little cold, but it's a reality of the sport. And when Georges St. Pierre hurt his knee and his main event fight with Carlos Condit was taken off the UFC 137 card, another fight would have to be moved up. According to the UFC, it will be a middleweight battle:

Also getting a bump in the bout order will be talented middleweight prospects Brad Tavares and Dustin Jacoby, who will now see action on UFC 137's main card.

A lot of people will undoubtedly complain about this, and I believe there have some solid points. The Spike fights weren't going to be changed because they're already advertising them, so that makes sense. But Scott Jorgensen is currently ranked at number 6 at bantamweight in the USA Today/SB Nation Consensus Rankings. He's a former title challenger, won multiple fight of the night awards in the WEC, and is facing a guy (Jeff Curran) who is a pioneer of the lower weight classes and while he's not a contender, deserves one last shot in the spotlight.

Instead, we get a TUF 11 semi-finalist who lost his last bout and a debuting fighter? I'm sure that Tavares and Jacoby are very happy they got the sport, and good for them. But it doesn't make much sense to me.

More SB Nation coverage of UFC 137