Dumbest thing Vince McMahon ever did?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I mean....

He's done alot of dumb stuff

XFL
Brawl 4 All
Tear both his quads simultaneously trying to get in the ring
....And then there's Roman Reigns

But I was watching some old WM build ups on the Network & I gotta say that having Brock end Taker's streak at WM30 was the stupidest shit I ever heard of. There's just so many reasons....

Slap in the face to him of all people he could disrespect & choosing Brock as the guy will make people almost forget entirely about it in a few years.

That sold WM alone.... just watching all of the excitement & promotion for those moments and past victims, decorated coffins, images frozen in time ect, ect.... it's just plain preposterous IMO

I really wish Taker would have spoke up & said something, I just STILL can't get over it. Should have been Bray or some young upcoming star. If you actually look back & think about it, that was pretty fucking dumb

What is your opinion?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: collim1

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Involve himself in any wrestlemania or commentary.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Fuck up the entire Invasion Angle with WCW for the better part of 2002. Could of been the hottest year in wrestling ever, but was booked in pretty much every worse way possible.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Fuck up the entire Invasion Angle with WCW for the better part of 2002. Could of been the hottest year in wrestling ever, but was booked in pretty much every worse way possible.
100% Agree That could have been one of the best storylines in WWE ever even with the Lack of big-name WCW talent (Sting, Hogan, Nash, Goldberg, Steiner)

Booker responded: "That wasn't the true WCW. I mean, we didn't have guys like Goldberg. We didn't have Sting. We didn't have Kevin Nash. We didn't have all the major players in the WCW to face the WWF superstars".

Ric Flair and Rey Mysterio were not signed until the end of the Invasion because they were tied to their contracts, and therefore their absence was out of the WWF's control. In addition, Scott Steiner was recovering from an injury. Others, such as Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Goldberg, were not signed until well after the storyline finished. As for WCW's other top superstars, Sting was still under contract to AOL Time Warner, and did not join the now-WWE until late 2014, while Lex Luger and Randy Savage would never reappear in the company on TV.

NO NEED TO CRY OVER SPOILED MILK THO I GUESS....WHAT'S DONE IS DONE! [HASHTAG]#WASTEDOPPORTUNITY[/HASHTAG]

Reactions: Mr. Roman Empire

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
100% Agree That could have been one of the best storylines in WWE ever even with the Lack of big-name WCW talent (Sting, Hogan, Nash, Goldberg, Steiner)

Booker responded: "That wasn't the true WCW. I mean, we didn't have guys like Goldberg. We didn't have Sting. We didn't have Kevin Nash. We didn't have all the major players in the WCW to face the WWF superstars".

Ric Flair and Rey Mysterio were not signed until the end of the Invasion because they were tied to their contracts, and therefore their absence was out of the WWF's control. In addition, Scott Steiner was recovering from an injury. Others, such as Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Goldberg, were not signed until well after the storyline finished. As for WCW's other top superstars, Sting was still under contract to AOL Time Warner, and did not join the now-WWE until late 2014, while Lex Luger and Randy Savage would never reappear in the company on TV.

NO NEED TO CRY OVER SPOILED MILK THO I GUESS....WHAT'S DONE IS DONE! [HASHTAG]#WASTEDOPPORTUNITY[/HASHTAG]

They honestly just should of waited until all the contracta were up. They could of just brought up RVD, BookER T, and DDP and had them defect from WWE once all the WCW guys came in. RVD could of even stayed face with WWE at that point cuz they could of gone without getting ECW involved

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I grew up in a city with an XFL team. It was awesome. The games were fun to go to, the "cheerleaders" were more like strippers, but entertaining none the less.

I actually went to as many games as I could. It was like watching NFL Blitz on Playstation live.

There are many reasons it failed, but I can't say it failed because it wasn't fun to watch.

Sometimes I think I am the only person who has ever been to an XFL game, but it it was a big deal with major hype in our city. I was disappointed to see it go honestly.

For a wrestling fan it was a big opportunity to see some superstars in person as they were coming to the games to promote the league.

M Kells

The Showoff
Reaction score
Remember when he fought god?
Or when he was the higher power?
Or the xfl?
Or the brawl for all?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Every one of us does dumb stuff. It's just important in life that our smart stuff outnumbers the dumb stuff.

That being said, the XFL. And I don't think the XFLwas ill fated. I think it could have succeeded if done correctly. However, rather than being a pure football league like Vince said it would be, it ended up being WWE Football and most football fans couldn't relate to that. And of course this venture lost nearly 100 million dollars for everyone involved.

But in the grand scheme of things, Vince still has done things that no other wrestling promoter has been able to replicate in the US. His successes far outweigh his failures.

And yes, I do feel dirty writing that.

Reactions: collim1

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
Give so much power to HHH. I'm just really not a fan of the direction Trips is taking WWE and the sort of wrestlers he gets behind.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Give so much power to HHH. I'm just really not a fan of the direction Trips is taking WWE and the sort of wrestlers he gets behind.

It is funny because he was given more power and was improving things and then something changed... Vince still has the final say and his daughter gets more say than HHH, I guarantee it.

dferguson2

Jobber
Reaction score
Maybe I'm old, but you left off the list of dumbest things McMahon did the WBF. World Bodybuilding Federation