Dream Matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Over the years we have witnessed many great matches between wrestlers, and some matches we have wanted, or do want, but they have not materialized. Using any wrestlers, past and present, what are some dream matches that you would like to see. Note that this doesn't have to be on a grand scale, and your matches do not have to be WWE/WCW/TNA specific because there are plenty of great indy talents and wrestlers in Japan and Mexico.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Christ that's a wide area selection.

Obviously any sort of match up between Kobashi/Misawa and any major America talent would need to be considered.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I figured by keeping the guidelines general, it can spark some imagination lol.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
CM Punk vs Randy Savage - two great arrogant wrest,era
Randy Orton vs Jake Roberts - psychology would be off the charts
Andre the Giant vs Big Show - great battle of strength
Undertaker vs Sting - two dark characters getting it on
Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle - master technical wrestlers
Stone Cold vs Hulk Hogan - two biggest stars in history
HBK vs the Rock - arguably the greatest match that could have but didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Viper

Reaction score
I would love to see KENTA vs Antonio Cesaro. I don't know why. The clashes of styles would be phenomenal. Well, if it hasn't already happened, of course.

Also, an Undertaker vs John Morrison angle would be pretty great (I know they had a match at Tribute to the Troops a few years ago when he was Johnny Nitro but I'm talking about a full story line for about 3 or 4 months).

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
CM Punk vs Randy Savage
Randy Orton vs Jake Roberts
Andre the Giant vs Big Show
Undertaker vs Sting
Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle
Stone Cold vs Hulk Hogan
Reasons? Never mind, I'll do them for you.

Punk vs. Savage - I assume you chose this one because Punk wears Savage trunks every once in awhile.

Orton vs. Roberts - Perhaps because they're both snakes?

Andre vs. Show - Derr, they be big.

Sting vs. Undertaker - Probably because it was a popular thought a couple of years back.

Hart vs. Angle - Because they both have awesomez submitterz guyz.

Stone Cold vs. Hulk Hogan - Top guys in two different eras, makes sense to me.

I was going to say Andre vs. Show as well, and not just for the spectacle. They could really build something with Andre attempting to catch Show in a bear hug while avoiding being hit with the WMD. At the same time, it would be wild to see Andre have to deal with a more agile Show. The sight of seeing Show drop kick Andre would be instantly memorable.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Vader vs CM Punk... stiff, brutal, unadulterated brawling. Plus I mean, Vader has always proven to be great against men the likes of Punk.. ie HBK and Sting.. so yeah. This is a personal dream match of mine. Logically it wouldn't be the best real life draw and there are bigger matches that could happen, but Vader is one of my all time favorites, so, thats for me.

CM Punk vs Ultimo Dragon... come on guys. Punk is the man. He can put on clinics with anyone. Throw him in there with one of the few men who throws as many stiff kicks and knees as him and I would eat that up, and all of you would too. You knkw it.

Steve Austin vs Macho Man... hoooook it up. Let the promos roll baby. Talk about two guys who mix it up on the mic and just as well in the ring. I mean, we've see Hogan vs Rock and personally, I prefer Mach and Austin, so yeah, I consider it logical.

Sting vs Undertaker... anyone who says they don't wanna see this is just tripping. I mean, the nostalgia itself would carry the match. It's the pivotal WCW vs WWF match up.

Macho Man vs Shawn Michaels... same reason as SCSA vs Mach, really.

Macho Man vs Chris Jericho... yeah, again. ^

Ealry 2000's Samoa Joe vs Early 2000's Brock Lesnar... Tear down the house. I mean, its like Angle vs Lesnar, only that Joe is even stiffer and more violent.

That's all for now.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Jake Roberts vs Triple H...the king of mind games vs the cerebral assassin....would be absolute money

X Pac vs CM Punk - Just think they would put on a clinic

Jericho vs Steamboat - the ultimate heel vs the ultimate babyface

The Viper

Reaction score
Jericho vs Steamboat - the ultimate heel vs the ultimate babyface

I thought their match at Backlash 2009 is really underrated and not talked about as much as it should be so a match (or even a full story line) between those two in their prime would be so great. I concur with this selection.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Good subject/topic.

Personally.

The Rock Vs Macho Man:

The mic skills these two have would create some memorable antics and banter. To even see them lock up would be amazing. The pure genius of Macho Man coupled with the pull of The Rock would make a great Wrestlemania match. Personally I'd prefer to see Macho in the heel role and Rock in the face role btw.

Sting Vs HBK:

Just think. Two very good solid wrestlers and storytellers of their time. The sharpshooter vs the scorpion deathlock, the stinger splash vs the elbow drop, the sweet chin music verus the scorpion death drop. This just screams classic matchup with all the great build up we'd love and enjoy.

DX Vs Four Horsemen:

I would love to see this in a survivor series type of deal. And I mean the old Four, not the 2000 one. WHOOOOO! That's all I gotta say. The characters, the antics. This shit would be legendary.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Good subject/topic.
The Rock Vs Macho Man:

The mic skills these two have would create some memorable antics and banter. To even see them lock up would be amazing. The pure genius of Macho Man coupled with the pull of The Rock would make a great Wrestlemania match. Personally I'd prefer to see Macho in the heel role and Rock in the face role btw.
Our very own crazy man [MENTION=53]The Tao of Booty[/MENTION] booked this very feud in DAFW and it was awesome. You should check it out some time.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Our very own crazy man [MENTION=53]The Tao of Booty[/MENTION] booked this very feud in DAFW and it was awesome. You should check it out some time.

I for sure am gonna have to. Does anyone have a fresh link to zip to the action for me?

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It's a damn good read actually. Not just saying that cuz it's mine.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Not trying to sound Blue. I'm having a hard time finding the actual show booty. I don't know if it's because it all seems unorganized to me.