Drake to receive Songwriter’s Hall of Fame Hal David Starlight Award

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ChiWa

Reaction score
I saw the very start of Brock's run when he was a monster on RAW. Heyman was his mouthpiece, and I never heard him say a word. Then the brand split, and he went to Smackdown, so I never saw him again on TV. Now I have seen some of his matches with Angle, and I think he is 10X better in the ring than Lashley, and 20X better than Batista. I still haven't heard him talk, but, based on ability for a big man, and the huge push they gave him, he might have been great. 8/10

Reaction score
I was watching his Here Comes the Pain DVD again yesterday and it's such a shame to see what the WWE lost when he had a hissy fit. The two years they had him for were incredible and he had so many great matches against people who sacrificed a lot to put him over. My gripes about his attitude aside, there's no way anyone can look at what he gave WWE and not be impressed. Freakishly powerful, incredibly agile and pretty damn talented in the ring, he had everything that a heavyweight champion is made of. Apart from the mic side of things anyway but in his case it didn't really matter, especially when he was with Heyman.

His move to Japan was a bit of a dud though. He didn't really have a great match (especially going up against guys like Giant Bernard/A-Train) and I'm not surprised that he didn't last long. I'm keen to see how he gets on in K1. I'd love to see a pro wrestler actually compete and not get decimated.

All things considered 8.5/10

Kairi

Reaction score
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Drake is often recognized for his songwriting talents, and now he’s going to be awarded for it.

It was announced today (March 24) that Drizzy will be receiving the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame Hal David Starlight Award at the 42nd Annual Induction and Awards Dinner on Thursday, June 16 in New York City.

“Drake shines as a talented songwriter with a unique vision,” said Songwriting Hall of Fame Chairman and Jimmy Webb, “and we are pleased to honor him with the prestigious Hal David Starlight Award.”

The award was first created in 2004 and is handed out annually to those who are deemed to be leaving their mark on the music industry through their songwriting. Past winners include John Legend, Alicia Keys, John Mayer, Taylor Swift and more.

In related news, Drake is currently preparing to host Canada’s Juno Awards on March 27. —Adam Fleischer

----

grats to Drake