Download The Gorilla Position October 13th!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

Things WCW did right

Ok i want to discuss the things people have always overlooked in WCW. I'm not talking about the NWO and Hogan's heel turn. What about things WCW did to stay in the ratings war when WCW was falling apart?

1)Revamping the Macho Man's career when he came to WCW because at the time when he left the WWF he wasn't doing nothing at all. He wasn't even put on the card at Wrestlemania 9 and at Wrestlemania 10 he was put against Crush in a falls count anywhere match. Would you rather have WCW title matches or be put into worthless matches?

2)Finally putting Hogan and Flair on a PPV card. Did Vince really have to switch the Wrestlemania 8 main event at the last minute?

3)WCW's plan to get the Undertaker back in 96 was a good one. His american badass gimmick would've been his NWO gimmick in WCW if he would've joined in 96-97. Boy did Vince bite that one.

4) Bringing Chuck Palumbo right in and beating Lex Lugar on numerous occasions. It just showed how good the Thrillers were. People complain WCW wasn't building new stars? C'mon now wasn't this proof?

5) WCW's plan to get Kane in 2000. I think it would've helped WCW alot in the ratings war because Kane wasn't to happy about tagging with Rikishi at Wrestlemania 16.
:pipe1:

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Introducing the crusierweights and the lucha libre to the world. The WWE wouldn't have time to show the La Parka's, the Juventud's, even the Rey Mysterios. The crusierweight division in the WCW was so huge, they would be a new challenger like every month. I still remember when Jericho was champion, they had a cruiserweight battle royal and Malenko was dressed up as... can't remember his name but he wore a mask and ended up winning the title. Pretty sick!

Montana

WCW actually did a lot of good moves. They also made a lot of stupid ones too. Unfortuatly, the bad ones outweighted the good. Heres my take

- 4 Horseman. Establishing Ric Flair, and really was the glue for WCW in the late 80's. The first real faction

- Sting His whole career in wcw was done right. Sting vs Flair, Sting vs Vader, So many great matches

- Hollywood Blondes. My personal favorite part of wcw, when i watched them. Austin and Pillman were the "real" top dogs in wcw at the time i thought. I still remember their fued with the 4 horseman which lead to a battle at Clash of the champions, which was one of the best tv matches of all time.

- Clash of the Champions. Great Show.

- Cruiserweight Divsion

- Stealing ECW talent, and pure Wrestlers

- Chris Jericho. This was good and bad for WCW. When the monday night wars began gettin heated, he was the only real reason i had to watch wcw. I was real happy when i found out he was leaving.

-The Giant, they made him into a star, before his departure.

- Nwo + Legends or 80's all over again They brought in ALL the old talent. More wrestlers than one could ever imagine.

- Monday Nitro, revolutionized monday night wreslting.

- pretty good tag divison

RingDeath

Reaction score
At its best, WCW was better than WWE/F ever was. We tend to recall its dying days when it was awful, but if you recall the mid- ninties, that was a talent pool and series of matches that only the classic NWA era of Flair, the Horseman etc could match. The "Hostile Takeover" with the "outsiders" might have been the single most brilliant angle in wrestling history. It was wasted on putting most of the focus on Hogan's heelturn instead of the hostile takeover. Instead of the "NWO", they should have made as if the WWF were taking over.

Bradders

Reaction score
you copied this off of another website, are you a member there as well?

RingDeath

Reaction score
you copied this off of another website, are you a member there as well?

Maybe someone from another forum copied it off me. I was a big Nitro fan and the hostile takeover was the best 2-3 shows that didn't involve Flair that I've ever seen. No, I didn't copy that. I'm a professional writer though.

Reaction score
4 Horseman. Establishing Ric Flair, and really was the glue for WCW in the late 80's. The first real faction

WCW didn't do anything right for the Horsemen. The Horsemen glory days were ALL NWA. By the time JCP was WCW, Arn and Tully had left for the WWF and the Horsemen were managed by Hiro Matsuda who didn't speak a lick of english. WCW shit on the Horsemen. Paul Roma, Jeff Jarrett and Mongo McMichael were jokes, not Horsemen and the Horsemen were jobbed out to the NWO for months and years. WCW DID NOT GET HORSEMEN RIGHT.

Sorry. I had to vent.

Oh, and you meant Ric Flair established WCW, the other way is a completely unfounded lie.

Reaction score
At its best, WCW was better than WWE/F ever was. We tend to recall its dying days when it was awful, but if you recall the mid- ninties, that was a talent pool and series of matches that only the classic NWA era of Flair, the Horseman etc could match. The "Hostile Takeover" with the "outsiders" might have been the single most brilliant angle in wrestling history. It was wasted on putting most of the focus on Hogan's heelturn instead of the hostile takeover. Instead of the "NWO", they should have made as if the WWF were taking over.

They couldn't do that. The WWF was suing WCW over this exact thing. They claimed that Nash and Hall's WCW characters were too similar to the parts they portrayed in WWF and that fans were legitimately confused as to whether or not they worked for WCW or WWF. They WWF wouldn't let this happen as it would have been bad for business and WCW had to tweak the idea of a "hostile takeover" a tad. We got the NWO and that was great.

jamie

Reaction score
Well Hellooooooooooooo as Terry Thomas would say. The Lowbrow Review and 123wrestling.co.uk bring you the best news review and WWE musings for your entertainment. Another cracking show, as sentences start with the earth and finsh with the stars. Slip out of the CM Punk shirt and into something sexy for us, dry your wotsit and spit covered fingers and listen to the best banter around.

123wrestling

Podbean

iTunes

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
A lot of this is false advertising with KIF and Jax running this place.